Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 11:45   #1276
SR7
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
It is very much there in the media drive cars which are the production spec cars.
The ORVM kink is present in the Altroz configurator and also on on all the cars pictured in the brochure - I wonder why Tata has not drawn attention to it or given an explanation for it - remember how Toyota highlighted the aero fins in the Innova Crysta brochures!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-f547599f6ff24abe8bf88071ae78aa83.png  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-60a4ae44f6e84535ad723ca40fa9b8d0.png  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-49310cf4954f494497adffa0bfb94743.jpeg  

SR7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 13:19   #1277
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
It is very much there in the media drive cars which are the production spec cars. Here's a screenshot from MotorOctane's walkaround video:

Attachment 1946801
It's purpose, I assume is to reduce wind noise or to improve aerodynamics.
It seems more likely to be a provision for camera mount for 360 degree parking assist vision in a future iteration.
Old 19th December 2019, 22:48   #1278
Vmv
BHPian

Altroz hatchbacks arrives at the VIVO IPL Auction 2020 with BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel and Auctioneer Hugh Edmeades.

And more promotional activities are in GOA ?

Source : TML Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775672397.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775644505.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775634570.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775637513.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775628552.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576775631577.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 23:28   #1279
BHPian

Bollywood actor Siddharth Malhotra to be the brand ambassador for Tata Altroz

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-fb_img_1576864568453.jpg
SpideyBoy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 05:58   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Bollywood actor Siddharth Malhotra to be the brand ambassador for Tata Altroz
From Lionel Messi for the Tiago to this!!! What happened, Tata??

No disrespect to the actor in question but the Altorz is a premium and crucial product for the company, it's first entrant into a cutthroat segment. Should have made a better choice.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 06:35   #1281
Senior - BHPian

What's the brand fit with Siddharth Malhotra? 'Good looking' is an attribute now!
Quote:
Bollywood actor Siddharth Malhotra to be the brand ambassador for Tata Altroz[/ATTACH]
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 09:51   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

No disrespect to the actor in question but the Altorz is a premium and crucial product for the company, it's first entrant into a cutthroat segment. Should have made a better choice.
Who should've been chosen then? What did you have in mind?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 10:07   #1283
BHPian

Quote:

+1 to the above. What does this guy bring to the table for the brand? Unless they are targetting college girls as the core customer base, I don't see any consumer pull with this association.

Why couldn't they opt for someone like Ayushmann Khurana or Raj Kumar Rao? They are setting new 'gold' standards in their own field, an apt fit for the car's tagline.

Last edited by trek : 21st December 2019 at 10:09.
trek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 11:02   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Who should've been chosen then? What did you have in mind?
Of the top of my head, Messi again!!

This car is being marketed as the ‘gold standard’. It deserves someone at the very top of their field as brand ambassador. Someone like Messi or Ronaldo or Federer or Virat Kohli or even PV Sindhu
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 13:29   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
From Lionel Messi for the Tiago to this!!!
Should have made a better choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What's the brand fit with Siddharth Malhotra? 'Good looking' is an attribute now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
What does this guy bring to the table for the brand? Unless they are targetting college girls as the core customer base, I don't see any consumer pull with this association.
Quote:
Of the top of my head, Messi again!!

This car is being marketed as the ‘gold standard’. It deserves someone at the very top of their field as brand ambassador. Someone like Messi or Ronaldo or Federer or Virat Kohli or even PV Sindhu
While I see your point, I'm still unsure about whether a brand ambassador really matters in this day and age. I mean, sure; having a good brand ambassador isn't a bad thing, but does it really make or break whether a customer considers a brand or not?

A car buyer's purchase journey is different from that of a car buyer from 10 or even 5 years ago, there's hardly anyone who wouldn't look at numerous reviews online before finalizing a car. In the light of this, would a brand ambassador really matter if the car is bad?

Tata had Hritik for the Tigor, that might have increased awareness, but did having him endorse the Tigor really translate to increased sales and market share? Would people have flocked to Kia's showrooms and put deposits on the Seltos were it a bad product, just because Tiger Shroff was associated with it?

Here, I think Tata could have done away with Malhotra, and spent that saved dough on digital; try to own the internet for a few days around the Altroz' launch. The Altroz is a pretty formidable product by itself
They had that Gully boy guy for the Harrier, I would say he was a terrible choice as well.

But I want to hear your thoughts, I'm genuinely interested. Do you think the Altroz would do better if let's say, Kohli was the brand ambassador? Maybe more blind bookings initially, but if the buyer doesn't like the car, won't (s)he buy the Baleno or i20 without any qualms whatsoever?
DeKay is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 14:16   #1286
Senior - BHPian

If you're genuinely interested I can explain. Celebrities can open up markets, if done right, since they speak to a specific demography. New launches are always risky (from trust perspective) so you need a familiar face to back it up. Tiger Shroff has added oodles of sex appeal to the Seltos, there is no doubt about it. He opened Kia to India, like SRK did for the Hyundai Santro. It's subconscious marketing as your inner being wants to the one you look up to. Celebs also create this impression that you're getting a high value product.

Okay, now coming to specifics why Hrithik failed to bring in eye balls for the Tigor. The product was in its mid-life cycle (being a relaunch), and people had by now formed an opinion it (it's an extension of Tiago as well, right). That could be the reason. Reviews are important but there is this suspicion that maybe the review has been purchased. Buyers are really shrewd these days. Marketers choose the celebrity very carefully keeping brand attributes in mind, and both qualities should mirror each other. And it should be a novel approach, (not your usual), for it to click. End of the day, it's a lazy man's approach to selling, else you have to spend ten fold or get really, really creative with your ideas to get the same reaction. And this approach reduces risk to a great degree, don't you agree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
does it really make or break whether a customer considers a brand or not?
Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 15:46   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Celebrities can open up markets, if done right, since they speak to a specific demography. New launches are always risky (from trust perspective) so you need a familiar face to back it up. Tiger Shroff has added oodles of sex appeal to the Seltos, there is no doubt about it. He opened Kia to India, like SRK did for the Hyundai Santro. It's subconscious marketing as your inner being wants to the one you look up to. Celebs also create this impression that you're getting a high value product.
Agreed. Although I think in recent times, Akshay Kumar takes the cake as ambassador for Tata Commercial Vehicles. The ads are consistent, he keeps churning movies, and we know his presence in nationalistic (separate discussion) and social issues. One of the rare things Tata have got spot on in recent times.

SRK was very influential with Hyundai. Sid Malhotra hasn't been quite successful with his work. So I don't know how influential he'd be other than adding some sex appeal to the Altroz.

IMHO, the dashing Altroz would rather make him more visible to the masses. Just the usual petrolhead speaking
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 10:13   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
It's purpose, I assume is to reduce wind noise or to improve aerodynamics.
+1 to that. It should be just a design element. Here's a clear shot at it from the Altroz official page with no mention of whatsoever that is.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20191222100036__01.jpg
SpideyBoy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 21:58   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Been there, done that?
Tata ALTROZ's instrument cluster "squircle" shape seems to hark back to the '70's, Innocenti Mini's!
Trust the Italians to break the mould five decades back!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20191223_215111collage.jpg  

arjab is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 22:18   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. It should be just a design element. Here's a clear shot at it from the Altroz official page with no mention of whatsoever that is.

Attachment 1948022
Presence of a bulbous protrusion would surely break the streamline and produce turbulence creating more noise than suppressing it. I think it is a provision for mounting wing cameras for 360degree parking assist..a future regulatory requirement that they must be working upon right now. Just created a provision in the plastic moulding tool, to be utilised later than invest in fresh tooling and incur more expense!
aditya79india is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks