Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 20:07   #1456
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Thick A pillar seems to be a trait of every Tata car. Even the little Tiago has a relatively thick A pillar. Hexa and Harrier are extreme cases. They seem adamant that they won't do anything about it.
I didn't find the A pillar to be very thick and was not a hindrance during my peak hour bumper traffic drive of the Altroz. It was quite ok. In fact the visibility was good.
NFS2024 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 20:08   #1457
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
They seem adamant that they won't do anything about it. Or may it has to do something with cabin intrusion in accidents or some other insider Tata logic.
They need to learn a thing or two from VW on this front at least.
Old 18th January 2020, 20:31   #1458
BHPian

Any way to locate what's the closest Tata Motors showroom for me?

I tried visiting the TM website on my phone and tried looking it up there, but I just can't seem to find a way.

And GMaps isn't helpful either as it lists 2nd hand dealers, 2wheelers etc.

If it's going to be so difficult to find such routine info I'm not surprised TM sales are down!
Old 18th January 2020, 21:36   #1459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Any way to locate what's the closest Tata Motors showroom for me?
If you had shared your location, some one could have told you.

Bangalore has just a few dealers - Adya, Concorde, Key, KHT, Prerana. You could call them and ask where you can get the TD.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 22:14   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thick A pillar seems to be a trait of every Tata car. Even the little Tiago has a relatively thick A pillar. Hexa and Harrier are extreme cases. They seem adamant that they won't do anything about it. Or may it has to do something with cabin intrusion in accidents or some other insider Tata logic.
I somehow disagree with a concern about A pillar thickness. I am driving Tiago and have driven Nexon too. Many folks complain about A pillar but that never caused any issues to me.
My concern is on thick C pillar though. Nexon has really big one and today I found same in Altroz. Eventhough you put a reversing camera it will not cover 180 degrees and you need time to anticipate movements of things/people behind you. With only camera you can neither see that nor by looking back while reversing since your vision is blocked by C pillars.
So called thick A pillars are helpful in holding body structure and remember the incident of the big advertising pole collapsing on Nexon. A pillars held Nexon's cabin and passengers were safe.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 18th January 2020 at 22:16.
rajivtelang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 00:46   #1461
BHPian

Here's the video Brochure of the Tata Altroz!

Shanksta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 04:06   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Eventhough you put a reversing camera it will not cover 180 degrees and you need time to anticipate movements of things/people behind you. With only camera you can neither see that nor by looking back while reversing since your vision is blocked by C pillars.

I have a 2014 Honda City and rearward visibility isn't good in any of the modern C-segment sedans. However, I can easily reverse the car into tight spaces using the reverse camera and Outside Rear View Mirrors only. My City doesn't even have rear sensors. Sure, a reversing camera won't cover the whole 180 degrees but cameras are wide angle and you don't need the entire 180 degree view while reversing. So, I don't think thick C pillars is any issue and within a week of your ownership you will start relying on the reversing camera, ORVMs and rear sensors.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 05:36   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you had shared your location, some one could have told you.

Bangalore has just a few dealers - Adya, Concorde, Key, KHT, Prerana. You could call them and ask where you can get the TD.
I'm in Mumbai now temporarily.

Anyway, thanks. I managed to locate it. It's in the "Contact Us" section. Weird I feel. For a vehicle mfr website, I'd rather see a direct "Showroom Locator" menu entry on the website.

"Contact Us" gives the impression of contacting the corporate office or about website feedback, and so doesn't strike as the natural place to click.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 08:25   #1464
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Quoting my post. Anybody has an answer?
In my knowledge the whole Map it self is not enabled in the MID (same setup as VW and others German manufacturers), But the direction will show in the MID.
Like turn right in 200 meters etc.
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 11:53   #1465
BHPian

TDed the Altroz petrol manual XZ(o).

Very good, great to drive. Very premium feel of knobs and interiors. Exterior looks very sporty and nice. Engine bay and boot quite spacious. Cabin too of course.

Only downsides:
- Engine a bit noisy
- Cruise control worked fine when engaged on 3rd and 4th gear, but not when engaged in 5th gear! Really weird.
- I didn't quite like the rear door handles. I feel kids and short people will struggle to operate it.
vharihar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 12:18   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
In my knowledge the whole Map it self is not enabled in the MID (same setup as VW and others German manufacturers), But the direction will show in the MID.
Like turn right in 200 meters etc.
That is disappointing. Still what it does have is unique so i guess it's not fair to complain.
But still, if there was an option to implement the maps into the MID screen, it would've been so COOL.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 13:17   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Only downsides:
- Engine a bit noisy
- Cruise control worked fine when engaged on 3rd and 4th gear, but not when engaged in 5th gear! Really weird.
- I didn't quite like the rear door handles. I feel kids and short people will struggle to operate it.
How did you find the vibrations? Have Tata taken care of the infamous 3 cyl. vibrations in Altroz petrol? Also did you get another infamous head nodding effect in 2nd gear common in Tiagos?
Another thing is xz (o) has 195 mm wide and 16 inch rubber. Did you find anything peculiar about it such as good ride and road grip?
Old 19th January 2020, 13:21   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
That is disappointing. Still what it does have is unique so i guess it's not fair to complain.
But still, if there was an option to implement the maps into the MID screen, it would've been so COOL.
But also think about the additional HW & SW cost to implement such a feature even with a decent resolution if not high. In my opinion, this segment can’t afford that cost.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 13:29   #1469
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. They missed an opportunity there.
Its the issue with TATA, they will be the first in segment to introduce digital MID but do not use full potential of it.
And later their competitors will use it wisely
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 13:42   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
How did you find the vibrations? Have Tata taken care of the infamous 3 cyl. vibrations in Altroz petrol? Also did you get another infamous head nodding effect in 2nd gear common in Tiagos?
Another thing is xz (o) has 195 mm wide and 16 inch rubber. Did you find anything peculiar about it such as good ride and road grip?
Didn't find any unusual vibrations. Nor anything unusual in 2nd gear.

I drove on city roads and straight hwys (EEH), and tried hard braking. I touched a max of 90-95 kmph. All felt good (ride and grip). Didn't try sharp high speed curves or anything like that however.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks