Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 13:53   #1471
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Just did a TD for petrol variant. Car looked very good inside out, it is spacious. AC felt powerful. Engine noise was evident, no vibrations felt in lower gears. However, it felt a bit underpowered.

The grab handle on the rear was not fixed properly, hope the quality control is handled well.

Overall a very good hatchback from Tata!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200119_124016.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200119_124033.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200119_124106.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200119_124044.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200119_124028.jpg  

punto_ is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 14:28   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
- I didn't quite like the rear door handles. I feel kids and short people will struggle to operate it.
I think this one should be fine. If you have tried the door handles on the Safari, you will know what I am saying. Such handles were used on Safari's till the Storme came. Even though just a plastic piece, it held.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 15:09   #1473
SR7
BHPian

I'm nitpicking here but I feel that the side turn indicators could've been on the ORVMs than on the body panel like the cars of the 90s - but all said and done visibility-wise, the bikers on our roads fail to spot the blinking rear indicator and also the corresponding ORVM indicator while make a turn in the car so Tata engineers would've thought what the heck and placed it in the body panel itself . I would’ve preferred a conventional placement of the rear door handle than like the Beat and current-gen Swift but it's not a deal breaker.

Last edited by SR7 : 19th January 2020 at 15:13.
SR7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 15:13   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
TDed the Altroz petrol manual XZ(o).

Very good, great to drive ...
I'd like to also add that the driver left armrest appears to be made of fabric. That takes away the premium feel. They ought to change the material of the driver left arm rest so as to be more premium.
Old 19th January 2020, 15:35   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Any way to locate what's the closest Tata Motors showroom for me?

I tried visiting the TM website on my phone and tried looking it up there, but I just can't seem to find a way.

And GMaps isn't helpful either as it lists 2nd hand dealers, 2wheelers etc.

If it's going to be so difficult to find such routine info I'm not surprised TM sales are down!
Hi, You can try Garages App from playstore and appstore. Android: https://zurl.co/ExGD iOS: https://zurl.co/TTKN . Lists the car dealers, spas, tyre shops, and charging stations near you. You can search for TATA MOTORS to get the right dealer. Alternatively you can click on any Tata car page and then click on take a test drive to see the various dealers too.

ps- Mods - this is my app, still in beta. Thought of posting after it gets all the features but felt compelled to reply as i too have experienced this problem. If it is inappropriate to post like this instead of DM please delete this post, i will try DM.
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 15:38   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Very true. They missed an opportunity there.
Its the issue with TATA, they will be the first in segment to introduce digital MID but do not use full potential of it.
And later their competitors will use it wisely
Only time will tell whether their competitors do it. But I doubt if we can call that a "wise" move.

I think Tata did the responsible thing here. It's not only unnecessary to put distracting things on the MID, it is not wise either.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 16:07   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
TDed the Altroz petrol manual XZ(o).
Have they already commenced the TDs?? Coz I just happened to drop by a showroom in my neighbourhood, and they mentioned that TDs will only start post the launch on 22nd.
Old 19th January 2020, 17:46   #1478
BHPian

Just a little query: does the mood lighting in the car have any colour option other than blue? Haven't seen any other till now.
Skorp_Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 17:57   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp_Knight View Post
Just a little query: does the mood lighting in the car have any colour option other than blue? Haven't seen any other till now.
Only blue is there. However you can adjust the brightness
tushky is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 21:29   #1480
BHPian

Saw the Altroz in person. The car looks absolutely fantastic, both inside out. I was quite impressed by the quality and the fit and finish. The doors closed with a great thud. As we have been using Maruti cars for years, I felt the Altroz way more premium. Asked for a TD, but couldn't do as there was no TD vehicle.

Attaching some pictures of the Altroz.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0019.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0017.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0016.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0014.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0012.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0013.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img20200118wa0011.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200118_194937.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200118_194919.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200118_194915.jpg  

Tom Sooraj is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 22:11   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
Attaching some pictures of the Altroz.
The rear to me looks a bit overdone. They should have just stuck with the regular paint shade instead of going with the black finish in the upper half of the boot. Or maybe its just me, as I haven't seen much complaints on that point here.
But all in all, it looks the part in person. No two ways about it. TATA designers have done a fantastic job, just like with the past launches. I hope TATA gets its pricing right this time around and undercut its prime rivals.
ashvek3141 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 22:31   #1482
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who have checked out the Altroz in person, did you happen to chance across these?

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-4.jpg

If you did, then .
RavenAvi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 23:36   #1483
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Only time will tell whether their competitors do it. But I doubt if we can call that a "wise" move.

I think Tata did the responsible thing here. It's not only unnecessary to put distracting things on the MID, it is not wise either.
Yeah,They did great with Altroz.
But may be new I20 and next gen polo will come with the same.

What I was thinking that why don't the manufacturers itself provide a fully digital instrument cluster as an Add On options? Like in other countries. Takers will be there at the cost.
They can tick 2 boxes with that
Old 20th January 2020, 01:02   #1484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
New TVC of 'India's safest car' with Sid Malhotra -
Lousy ad if one asks me. Am not happy with the choice of brand ambassador, not sure he even resonates with success. Plus, they should have highlighted the features in the video. The wide opening door for example struck me because it was discussed on the forum. An ordinary person is not going to understand / notice much.

And they should have displayed the GNCAP rating in full size, just calling out as 'India's safest car' will not have the same impact !!

Quote:
- Cruise control worked fine when engaged on 3rd and 4th gear, but not when engaged in 5th gear! Really weird.
What was the speed at which you tried it in all gears? Guess its programmed to activate only above certain speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Have they already commenced the TDs?? Coz I just happened to drop by a showroom in my neighbourhood, and they mentioned that TDs will only start post the launch on 22nd.
Chennai is the same. Concorde said they'll get the TD vehicles in Feb! Now thats super crap, Concorde being TATAs own. May be to ensure other dealers get more business initially?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 02:05. Reason: Fixed typo.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 02:07   #1485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
... Concorde said they'll get the TD vehicles in Feb! Now thats super crap, Concorde being TATAs own. May be to ensure other dealers get more business initially?
Wasn't Concorde in the news a couple months ago as potentially shutting down?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks