Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 04:55   #1486
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Altroz 110BHP diesel being mulled over. Depending on sales volumes of the Altroz, this may be developed and released at a later date as a possible JTP variant by end-2021.
Hope the JTP version will follow soon. It will be great if Tata can plonk in Fiat's 2L diesel in it for a 140 bhp Altroz JTP. Add curtain airbags and an automatic transmission, then this will then be the hottest hatch India has ever seen.

Waiting for Tbhp review of Altroz.

Last edited by Flyer : 20th January 2020 at 05:18.
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 05:14   #1487
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

In Bangalore, existing dealerships like Key Motors and Prerana are taking over Concorde showrooms and service. So yeah, the location will remain but branding will be under new management. Saw the car and it looks great in person. 5Star rating is cherry on the cake. Tata has a winner here, and I would definitely pick this over Baleno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Wasn't Concorde in the news a couple months ago as potentially shutting down?

Last edited by Sebring : 20th January 2020 at 05:30.
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 06:09   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What was the speed at which you tried it in all gears? Guess its programmed to activate only above certain speeds.
80+ kmph when I tried engaging it on the 5th gear. There was clearly something wrong with it, the salesman said he'd have it checked out.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 10:31   #1489
BHPian

Altroz(Petrol) driven by a Tigor (Petrol) owner in the video below might provide a clearer picture for prospective buyers. Says vibrations on the gear knob and steering are much lesser now but according to him a bit underpowered compared to his Tigor. Also, tall guys can guage the interior space of the car as the reviewer stands above 6ft. in height.

Last edited by ATRONIX : 20th January 2020 at 10:33.
ATRONIX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 10:45   #1490
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a chance to check the Altroz quickly yesterday. Fortunately got my hands on it for a small spin too.

A few pictures first.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_1-copy.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_2-copy.jpg

Funky looking mirror

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_3-copy.jpg

Rear Door Handle

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-rear-door-handle-copy.jpg

Kink on the rear bumper

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-rear-bumper-kink-copy.jpg

Better quality Wipers - Hexa which is a lot costlier does not get it

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-wipers-copy.jpg

Dashboard

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-cockpit_1-copy.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-cockpit_2-copy.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-cockpit_3-copy.jpg

Storage near the Gear shifter

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-center-console-area-copy.jpg

Storage above too - Notice the Mic

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-sun-glass-storage-copy.jpg

Door pads - Storage

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-front-door-pad-copy.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-door-pad-storage-rear-copy.jpg

Adjustable seat belts

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-adjustable-seat-belt-copy.jpg

Observations during the small test drive
  • The Engine is quieter than the Tiago/Tigor
  • NVH is better than the Tiago/Tigor
  • Seats are comfy but slightly on the stiffer side, but nothing to complain
  • The doors shut soft than with a thud, but the build quality is decent/good
  • Low end punch is much better and the gear ratios seems shorter. This will have no complaints in the city traffic for the power
  • Rear slick gearshift quality
  • Door pad fabric is soft, but doubtful if it will last long enough
  • Horn is weak
  • Ride quality is typical TATA but with a slightly more stiffness to the routine. No complaints here too in the short drive. Rear suspension felt a lot stiffer than the Tigor for sure.
  • Steering wheel is nice and chunky to hold. It felt light enough for the city traffic. Need a longer test drive on the open road to check how it behaves.

Will test it for longer once the official drives start and post the observations.
nkrishnap is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:30   #1491
RnK

Took a test drive of the Altroz yesterday at Bafna Motors, Tathwade, Pune. Tata sure has made good effort in reducing the NVH levels as compared to Tiago/Tigor. Vehicle feels planted to the road and the power delivery is linear.

Couple of pictures of the engine bay. Notice the room made for a cut out (planned for the turbocharged JTP version?) in the hood insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20200119_134322.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20200119_134140.jpg  

Last edited by RnK : 20th January 2020 at 11:45. Reason: grammar
RnK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 11:54   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
Attaching some pictures of the Altroz.
8th pic with the taillamps on, you see two additional red lights on either side of the central big fog lamps.
It has additional foglights as well? So three foglamps?
Old 20th January 2020, 12:12   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
It has additional foglights as well? So three foglamps?
Those two are the reflectors. They seem to glow because of the flash light.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 12:27   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The rear to me looks a bit overdone.
...instead of going with the black finish in the upper half of the boot.
Or maybe its just me, as I haven't seen much complaints on that point here.
I don't like it as well.
Too much Black in the rear isn't so pleasing to the eye. Tata has overstretched the Black bit in accentuating the "Sportiness". It may be a hit or miss.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20200120120010_chrome.jpg

Would have looked better if Tata had NOT blackened the Tail lights in all the Variants. They always had the option to do it for a S variant.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_20200120115950_chrome.jpg

Right now the rear looks Boring in half black - half white. If they wanted more black, they could have used more Black accents in the Bumper to increase the Sporty feel.
JS Kwt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:01   #1495
Team-BHP Support

Contrary to popular opinion - and despite driving a white Tata myself - I prefer the red on the Altroz! Haven't yet seen the dark grey in flesh, that may top the bunch for me.

Gold is yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Here is the dark grey for you.
NICE! Is it the same as the one on the Hexa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
...Gold is love it or hate it, manages to grab everyone's attention, which to me serves the purpose of a launch color!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
You do realize you are frowning upon someone else's food, right? ...
Nothing against the color, will surely have its fans (we're after all a gold-obsessed country). Just a personal aversion, skipped it even for wedding bands and went for Pt instead.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 13:27. Reason: Merged posts.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:15   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contrary to popular opinion - and despite driving a white Tata myself - I prefer the red on the Altroz! Haven't yet seen the dark grey in flesh, that may top the bunch for me.

Gold is yuck!
Black highlights stand out well in white followed by red Altroz. Gold is love it or hate it, manages to grab everyone's attention, which to me serves the purpose of a launch color!
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:20   #1497
BHPian

Quote:

Gold is yuck!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20200119_145512.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20200119_145532.jpg  

damodar is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:23   #1498
BHPian

Quote:

Gold is yuck!
You do realize you are frowning upon someone else's food, right?

I guess the reason why the white and Gold is most liked here is because of how well the black at the back stands out. Perhaps, the grey will make the car look subtle. I haven't seen the car in person, but as per the 360 deg simulator on the Altroz's website, I find the red to be the most smashing of all. For some reason, grey and silver are not listed there.

In this respect, I find the Altroz to be a bit like Linea or the Polo that looked good in most color options.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th January 2020 at 13:54. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:38   #1499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Thanks for the snaps.

Overdone rear hatch design is against my likes, but in the grey color the contrast is toned down and is looking good, also the strip that runs along the waistline of the car is merging well with rest of the car in Grey color.

Thought the gold color was a bad choice by TML but after looking at the car in person it appeared acceptable, it remembered me of gold colored Activa of the yesteryears.

Only petrol cars arrived at the dealerships, yet to see diesel cars.
Old 20th January 2020, 13:40   #1500

Saw the red and black dual-tone version today and must admit TATA has a winner in terms of looks with the Altroz. Its definitely one of the most coolest looking cars in the market today. Only worry is this is not a beta version and TATA has tested this thoroughly prior to Launch. The NCAP 5 star rating gives confidence that TATA has hit the sweet spot with this launch.

Would definitely consider Altroz to replace my I10.
Bulls14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks