Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2020, 15:21   #1651
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Ok that is overtly optimistic. In real world I guess Altroz should be anywhere between 10-14 kmpl for the petrol and 15-18 kmpl for the diesel.

Is Tata doing everything possible to cover all bases? This looks like a paid result to me.
I guess this post has been taken way too seriously and there have been multiple posts telling me how I have made baseless comment or accused TML of unethical practices.

Let me make it clear, it was not an accusation or any blasphemy towards TML. It was just a reaction after knowing the ARAI figures especially of Petrol variant, which unfortunately did not come across the way I meant. I dont feel the need to explain each of the post following it which are mostly reiterating the same thing with different words.

I have always been a neutral TML fan and recently (2 years to be precise) I have personally turning into a fervor fan of their products. In no means have thoughts or intention to indulge in discussions where TML or any other brand being unethical.

I hope we all move on from this and subsequent posts are about Altroz only.
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:47   #1652
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

The issue with 'real world testing' is that then everyone will be whining about how it does not simulate their idea of 'real world' parameters, so on and so forth.

This is why the ARAI, EPA etc test in a simulated manner which they deem ideal (and fixed for every vehicle). Perhaps the difference between the fuel economy between various vehicles can be used to make buying decisions (and not the absolute value).
ds.raikkonen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 16:20   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
This is why the ARAI, EPA etc test in a simulated manner which they deem ideal (and fixed for every vehicle). Perhaps the difference between the fuel economy between various vehicles can be used to make buying decisions (and not the absolute value).
Only one manufacturer will score highest here then by compromising other things. And yeah, possibly one can drive a Tata car with better fuel economy than other person driving Maruti in same segment, all depending on driving style. And ARAI is for solving that "tu tu main main" by running all cars in identical environment
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 07:55   #1654
BHPian

Altroz in the Skyline Silver paint shade.

Source:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200129_074527.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200129_074443.jpg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-20200129_074418.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 20:35   #1655
BHPian

Tata Altroz XT walkaround video is here. Pretty much gets everything except ACC, Rear Ac and Rear wiper. People on a tight budget could opt for it and get some aftermarket alloys.

ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 21:33   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Tata Altroz XT walkaround video is here. Pretty much gets everything except ACC, Rear Ac and Rear wiper. People on a tight budget could opt for it and get some aftermarket alloys.
Not bad but barely 70k separates the XT and XZ and you can't install an aftermarket rear AC and if you stay in a rainy area the rear wiper is something that will come in handy so that 70k is well worth the asking price considering you get both alloy wheels and projector headlamps which will set you back by almost 50k if you install an aftermarket one.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 22:48   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Altroz in the Skyline Silver paint shade.
I must confess, this is probably the first time I found silver colored car looking gorgeous. Was never a fan of silver color before.
SpideyBoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 23:10   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
I must confess, this is probably the first time I found silver colored car looking gorgeous. Was never a fan of silver color before.
I've always found Mercs to be gorgeous in Silver. The other colours don't have the elegance that silver possesses. Rather offtopic though.
Old 29th January 2020, 23:41   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Actually it gets a nicer instrument cluster too. Shame about the missing rear wiper.
Old 29th January 2020, 23:50   #1660
BHPian

Is it just me or does the front end in the Silver coloured car look menacing? The front end looks amazing with the silver and black combination and the side profile is not bad either! However the piano black backend is going to be a dirt magnet.

Hopefully better sense prevails at Tata and they do plonk in the 1.2L Turbo petrol engine with a 6 speed TC, before Hyundai brings out the i20 with 1.0L and DCT
jasjotbains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 00:22   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice. Did you check this out anywhere in Chennai? KLN now says the car will be available for TD on 29 jan (from earlier 22nd comment). Concorde set the expectations right by saying they'll get only by Feb.
I checked out the car at TAFE Reach on Anna Salai opposite LIC building. I haven't heard from them after i mentioned lack of AT and i met the same salesman who sold me my Nano nine years ago!. Some things never change i guess.

Last edited by nickatnite : 30th January 2020 at 00:39.
nickatnite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 07:06   #1662
BHPian

From what I have been hearing, the automatic transmission vehicles are no where close to production, so we can easily assume that they'll take a year or so to bring it to life.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 07:30   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

After looking at the pictures of Altroz and realising how beautiful it is, I now can't imagine how dashing the sedan derivative would be.

Tata, make that quick, and it may be among the most beautiful sedans in market today.

A beautiful sedan with a 5 star rating
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 07:54   #1664
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Tata, make that quick, and it may be among the most beautiful sedans in market today.
That is the last thing they should do, with the usual apprehensions around Tata, it will be difficult for them to sell the sedan, and also it is not a volume segment.

For Maruti, a good chunk of the Ciaz buyers were from the Maruti family only, they are just upgrading. Tata didn't have such a big user base to start with.

Note, these were my assumptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
A beautiful sedan with a 5 star rating
That's guaranteed if Tata ever does it.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 08:08   #1665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
That is the last thing they should do, with the usual apprehensions around Tata, it will be difficult for them to sell the sedan, and also it is not a volume segment.

For Maruti, a good chunk of the Ciaz buyers were from the Maruti family only, they are just upgrading. Tata didn't have such a big user base to start with.

But Nexon changed this dynamic, isn't it?

Tata is being trusted more nowadays. Imagine the number of people who want a well built C2 sedan, but also want to stay away from shady VAG A.S.S. It is never going to be a numbers game for the Tata, atleast in the near future.

They got to earn trust first, revenue follows

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th January 2020 at 08:30. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks