Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 11:56   #1711
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA starts its innings in the Premium Hatchback segment. The leader ( Baleno )grows in volumes and probably the best seller for the month.

Attachment 1964544
Sad to see Jazz sale figure, such a nice car but bad pricing ruining it all.

People buy MS cars with closed eyes, no doubt MS has a vast service network across the country, good resale, not so costly maintenance etc etc. Baleno sale figures here are way higher than all others' sale figures combined. That's huge.
But when it comes to 'safety', there is an ugly truth behind all the glamour, which is not so palatable, just like Lady Melisandre of asshai (pic credit Twitter)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tmpcam20723448.jpg  

gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 00:03   #1712
BHPian

Re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
TATA starts its innings in the Premium Hatchback segment. The leader ( Baleno )grows in volumes and probably the best seller for the month.
That's a good start for a TATA car and that too in our so called luxury hatchback segment, as more people will see Altroz on the road I think the sales would increase, I am promoting it among all my family members and friends as well

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th February 2020 at 00:05. Reason: Typos.
Old 6th February 2020, 00:55   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am sure it will have wheel caps/covers. Agencies don't fix those until the point of delivery in most of the cases.
Wheel covers are available only on XT variant. Higher variants get alloy wheels and lower variants come with silver steel wheels (with hub caps) of smaller size

That said there are customization options (Style for XM and Luxe for XT trim) which offer something known as 16" stylised wheel as part of the package. I'm assuming it to be a high quality wheel cover on steel rims similar to what we'd seen on the Tiago NRG.
Old 6th February 2020, 01:00   #1714
BANNED

Quote:
There is a strategy that Maruti has been following since ages, if a new launch happens in any segment, then Maruti will simply pump more vehicles particularly into that segment, disregard to existing stock in its network. Maruti does this to show off its dominance and say that it is still the leader despite the new kid/competitor.

Maruti is a smartly managed company. There's so much to learn from Maruti.
wheelguy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 08:30   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
There is a strategy that Maruti has been following since ages, if a new launch happens in any segment, then Maruti will simply pump more vehicles particularly into that segment, disregard to existing stock in its network. Maruti does this to show off its dominance and say that it is still the leader despite the new kid/competitor.

Maruti is a smartly managed company. There's so much to learn from Maruti.
Yes, but one more advantage they got. They came to India almost 20 years before any other big manufacturer such as Hyundai. Definitely people fed up with Fiat and Ambassador welcome Maruti and that's how it worked. But managing and maintaining same pace is amazing from Maruti's side.
If they pay a little attention towards people safety they will remain unquestionable otherwise they will lose for sure, just a matter of time and people awareness.
Old 6th February 2020, 08:40   #1716
BHPian

Did anyone watch videos of Altroz at AutoExpo? A beautiful concept showing structure of Altroz. Watch from 4:00

Neeraj1903 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 11:13   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Yes, but one more advantage they got. They came to India almost 20 years before any other big manufacturer such as Hyundai. Definitely people fed up with Fiat and Ambassador welcome Maruti and that's how it worked. But managing and maintaining same pace is amazing from Maruti's side.
If they pay a little attention towards people safety they will remain unquestionable otherwise they will lose for sure, just a matter of time and people awareness.
Spot on. If it's hard to get to the top, it's harder to stay there. Many rise and also fall, before long. When you're at the top, others aren't exactly sleeping in their beds. You will have to ward off competition to stay there. And, this is one feat which MUL has pulled off quite well. Full marks to them on this.
Old 7th February 2020, 13:15   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
I must confess, this is probably the first time I found silver colored car looking gorgeous. Was never a fan of silver color before.
me too,The silver shades of VW(Reflex silver) ,Mahindra and Hyundai look great! Maruthi's grey looks the drabest!(Hope there is such a word)
Old 7th February 2020, 15:33   #1719
BHPian

Quick question:

What are the extended warranty options available for Tata Altroz? Which will be the best package if one opts additional warranty?

Also can somebody explain whether there is any difference between these two (marked in Red) in the Altroz brochure...
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-altoz-brochuree.jpg  

Last edited by RideRanger : 7th February 2020 at 15:45.
Old 7th February 2020, 15:53   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post

Also can somebody explain whether there is any difference between these two (marked in Red) in the Altroz brochure...
Smart rear wash and wipe means, when your front wipers are running and you then engage reverse gear, the rear wiper automatically gets activated.
Once you again forward or neutral, rear wiper stops.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 15:46   #1721
BHPian

Little late to the party. Saw the Altroz in flesh today and was absolutely floored!! It looks way more beautiful and premium than in pictures or videos. Even the Gold colour looks really good in person. This is the first time I was so tempted to buy a car. Though it's not like the droolworthy concept, it looks nothing like anything on the roads. Easily one of the best designs I have ever seen. Hats off to Tata and their design team. Really hope this sells like hot cakes, they deserve it.
Djay is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 09:31   #1722
BHPian

Though I am eagerly waiting for the official T-BHP review of the Altroz; but surprisingly there aren’t any initial ownership reviews from fellow BHPians?
Close to 4.5k dispatches last month of the Altroz, yet none of the BHPians have got themselves one?
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 10:37   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors will have close to 1500 dealerships this year (770 in 2019). Each dealership has all the colours of Altroz and in every iteration, (except diesel). So I guess that's where the 4500 units are resting
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Though I am eagerly waiting for the official T-BHP review of the Altroz; but surprisingly there aren’t any initial ownership reviews from fellow BHPians? Close to 4.5k dispatches last month of the Altroz, yet none of the BHPians have got themselves one?
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 18:08   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Tata Motors will have close to 1500 dealerships this year (770 in 2019). Each dealership has all the colours of Altroz and in every iteration, (except diesel). So I guess that's where the 4500 units are resting
I am confused. Didn't TATA claim to give retail numbers these days? So is the 4500 retail or dispatches to the dealership? Can someone clarify?
Looks like the Altroz will sell decent numbers but I don't see it setting the charts on fire. TATA needs one of those blockbusters to make an impact.

Last edited by chittybang : 9th February 2020 at 18:09. Reason: spellcheck
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 20:02   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Looks like the Altroz will sell decent numbers but I don't see it setting the charts on fire. TATA needs one of those blockbusters to make an impact.
The only chink in the armour I feel is the lacklustre petrol engine. For a car of this segment definitely needs a better engine. I am not saying it badly requires a turbo petrol, but atleast something like the 1.2 engine of the MSIL (which belts out nearly the same output, but is superb in terms of drivability). Hope TATA’s are listening to the feedback about their engines & are working on it. The car is nearly there to come in atleast the top 3 considering the other aspects viz. the looks, feature set, etc. but a good petrol engine is something that is missing. With that sorted out, the Altroz has a strong case for itself (atleast till the new i20 arrives)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks