Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2018, 09:50   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is it me only that feels the rendering by this guy looks so good that I don't think the original version may not be as good. I sometimes wonder why don't car makers take the help of these rendering artists to bring out better looking cars?

The renders look like a mix of the Fiesta and the Yaris hatch to me. That's not a bad thing, though. In fact the fiesta hatch is one of my favourites. I doubt the real car will be anything like this though.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 19:30   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, codenamed "X451"

More pics of the Spied hatch from Tata's. Likely to carry over the powertrain option s from Nexon.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-1.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-2.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 20:17   #213
Senior - BHPian

More images: Production-spec Tata 45X hatchback

Thanks to Amarpreet S. Chaudhary for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20181123_162805.jpg

More images of the production-spec Tata 45X hatchback have surfaced online. These reveal more details about the car's rear, especially its tail lamp clusters.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20181123_162753.jpg

The 45X is expected to be based on Tata's Impact 2.0 design language. One of its design features is the slim wraparound tail lights that look similar to the ones seen on the upcoming Harrier SUV. The car appears to have a roof spoiler with the high mounted stop lamp and also gets a rear fog lamp. The license plate mounting is positioned lower down on the rear bumper.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20181123_162752.jpg

The front end of the 45X looks similar to the Tiago except for the fog lamps that are placed below the main headlamp clusters. It has a small front quarter glass and the rear door handle is located on the C-pillar.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20181123_162804.jpg

Rumours suggest that Tata's premium hatchback could get a re-tuned 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine from the Nexon, while a 1.5-litre diesel might also be on offer.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20181123_162742.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2019 at 13:26.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:25   #214
BHPian

From the spy shots, it looks more mature than the regular Tata offerings. First thing that came into my attention was the low height as well as the increased width. I know, you guys might be wondering why am I pointing out these features on a premium hatch back. It is just that, I feel like Tata messes up on these two sections most of the time. Look at Zest, Bolt, Tigor etc. Somehow, all these models looks a couple of inches taller than they should have been.

And that is some well proportionate rubber too. I guess they are 16”, similar profile like the i20.
Old 3rd December 2018, 00:33   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
... you guys might be wondering why am I pointing out these features on a premium hatch back. It is just that, I feel like Tata messes up on these two sections most of the time. Look at Zest, Bolt, Tigor etc. Somehow, all these models looks a couple of inches taller than they should have been. .
These cars are not tall by those couple of inches. Just that they are in a segment where length / width is kept smaller - as is for the compact segment.
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:44   #216
Senior - BHPian

In a segment that is dominated by Baleno, i20 and Jazz, Tata better have something special to make this car worth it.

I hope the car is significantly more powerful than the other three- this segment especially needs some powerful petrol engines. The baleno RS is on the expensive side, Tata have a winnner if they can deliver a turbo-petrol at a reasonable price.
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:43   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is it me only that feels the rendering by this guy looks so good that I don't think the original version may not be as good. I sometimes wonder why don't car makers take the help of these rendering artists to bring out better looking cars?
How cute!What do you think that stylists in automotive companies can not do it? If you go inside TML ERC cafeteria, you can see posters of some of the most ravishing designs made by its employees. Trust me, this rendering is nowhere near to them.

Problem is, when it comes to production of the car, company needs to take into account lot of aspects. Cost, engineering, quality, die life, ease of operation, time required for operation & they choose center point of all this. If company decides no matter what, we want to give this DC type design, the cost increases by leaps & bounds.
speedguy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 08:17   #218
BHPian

Spotted this yesterday around Ooty region. It seems to be top variant. Had touch screen display similar to Nexon. Car was running on MRF 195/60 R16 tyres. Car had superb road presence, without the Tata logo it’s dificult to say it is an TATA car. I was told it’s going to have 1.2 turbo petrol engine and 1.5L diesel.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-a5b257a944ef41a8bebd156d00ee8d01.jpeg

Last edited by arvindmanju : 5th December 2018 at 08:28.
arvindmanju is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 18:24   #219
BHPian

Few more spy pics of a production version 45X, courtesy IAB. Tail lights are mimicking the ones on the Harrier

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/2018/12/...-launch-315580
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata45xfrontspyphotoc93d.jpeg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata45xrearspyphoto7f09.jpeg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata45xfrontthreequartersleftsidespyphotoa3e4.jpeg  

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-tata45xfrontthreequartersspyphoto82ec.jpeg  

uday.ere is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 19:41   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Few more spy pics of a production version 45X, courtesy IAB. Tail lights are mimicking the ones on the Harrier

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/2018/12/...-launch-315580
Even the camouflaged look of this car is strikingly good. IMPACT 2.0 seems to be the Design Language to keep an eye on. Expecting it to generate buzz that is equivalent to or more than what Harrier commanded.
mroutlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 20:48   #221
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a top end variant spied. It has sensors on the windshield for Auto headlamps and Rain sensing wipers.

The long antenna at the front is a sore point, should have opted for shark fin antenna at the back.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 21:10   #222
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that, rather than the Harrier, it's this car that will take Tata Motors forward.
1100D is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 11:17   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I have a feeling that, rather than the Harrier, it's this car that will take Tata Motors forward.
Yes I have exactly same thought, due to following reasons,

1.) It targets very large segment of buyers.
2.) If Nexon which is based on derived / heavily modified old platform can achieve 5 star rating in GNCAP, We can surely expect similar rating for this car.
3.) We can expect combination of safety, quality and relatively value for money pricing.
Old 10th December 2018, 18:52   #224
Senior - BHPian

Those headlights look absolutely stylish and the front is smashing. The sheer size of this car will really kill the competition if the space inside corresponds to what it looks outside. Besides, Tata are very generous when it comes to providing space inside. Of late they are serious when it comes to equipping their cars with safety kit. Hope this car goes in the same line as Nexon. Good luck Tata.
Old 10th December 2018, 19:30   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The long antenna at the front is a sore point, should have opted for shark fin antenna at the back.
That very reason makes me think that it might not be the top-end variant. This long antenna might worked with Tigor (a budget sedan) but this being a premium hatchback, Tata should and probably would go with shark-fin antenna.
mroutlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed