Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 19:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
As great as the packaging of the performance, I see manufacturers are taking their customers for a ride in terms of features. Nearly Rs.30 Lakhs for the car and it comes with manual air conditioning!
http://www.fiat-india.com/abarth/

(Mercedes is also a big culprit with manual air conditioning on their A/CLA/GLA Class cars.)
Same is the case with Polo GTi abroad. No automatic climate control, no adaptive cruise control as standard.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:50   #32
BHPian

Only 105mm ground clearance will ensure that the car will be purchased by people living in towns with even metallic roads
Old 4th August 2015, 22:48   #33
BHPian

I think this is the most irrelevant car launched in India ever. 105mm ground clearance, it's safe to say they don't need to sell in Bangalore
Any news when the abarth punto will be launched?
chaith.turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 22:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

I seriously don't think that it will be launched with such low GC or maybe short wheelbase allows them to do so. They surely would have tested it on Indian roads. We also had Fiat 500 that was also 2-door and similar wheel base IIRC.

Also surprised why the thread title hasn't been updated with "now launched at 29.85 Lacs ex-showroom"

Last edited by carwatcher : 4th August 2015 at 23:01.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 23:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Isn't Manual Climate control different from Manual AC. I am confused. In old Fiat 500 the same set-up was present but it surely looks very convenient as compared to manual AC.
Quote:
As great as the packaging of the performance, I see manufacturers are taking their customers for a ride in terms of features. Nearly Rs.30 Lakhs for the car and it comes with manual air conditioning!
Old 4th August 2015, 23:40   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
I think this is the most irrelevant car launched in India ever. 105mm ground clearance, it's safe to say they don't need to sell in Bangalore
The wheelbase is tiny, and the suspension hard. So the 105mm ground clearance will not hurt too much as the figures suggest.
Old 4th August 2015, 23:48   #37
BHPian

Fiat Abarth 595 at BIC

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-1a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-2a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-3a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-4a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-5a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-6a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-7a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-8a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-9a.jpg
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-10a.jpg

Souce: TeamFiatMotoClub

Last edited by damager21 : 5th August 2015 at 00:00.
damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 07:47   #38
BHPian

Forget the 595; we need the Abarth Punto. The one with the matte finish. It's not even one year and looks like there's a car I can exchange my Evo with
Old 5th August 2015, 08:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
The rear styling looks ugly IMO. Definitely doesn't look appealing for 35L.
It is staying true to the spirit of the original 500 mate, one of the most iconic designs ever.

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-8a.jpg

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-cameronfiat500r_2365180b.jpg
Pic Source - Google
Porschefire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 09:15   #40
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Few more pics of the Abarth 595 Competizione from BIC.

Source: Team Fiat Moto Club
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-11813488_1163390193677163_4085443413909754190_n.jpg  

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-11811501_1163390253677157_3889668488098467868_n.jpg  

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-11796445_1163389757010540_1396005804332996552_n.jpg  

Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione revealed on Fiat India's website-11825965_1163390017010514_4404570044328933527_n.jpg  

//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

If you ignore the lack of climate control, which to me is okay, the 595 is pimped out mechanically and I'm not talking about the engine. Race seats too.

Sadly; the response to this exciting new release, even on this forum, is a good enough indication on where this car is headed in terms of sales. Not that Fiat India should be expecting much. It is a petrol after all. Folks spending this sort of money don't mind even a 3 pot on the Mini diesel, because it is a diesel and ends up being cheap to run. What is more worrying for someone who must buy a 595 is if Fiat can provide service and support. This is a complicated car and if anything were to go wrong, you are looking at a months time as a bare minimum of the car sitting in the garage.

I do hope the Abarth Punto finds some takers. We've been waiting too long for a performance Punto.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:33   #42
BHPian

Although it feels awesome to know one could potentially buy an Abarth in India, it is different case altogether whether someone would actually buy one.

I am not even talking about the pricing here.

It is just that the car isn't that exciting to look at. Nor is it noisy. I doubt the small 4-valve turbocharged engine is gonna create chaos.

If (and when) the Polo GTI gets launched it will kill this car. It should have more power. Will be more of a car too. One you could actually use everyday.

Maybe Fiat's idea is to get tongues wagging. They might still succeed in that. But sales, I doubt it.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:52   #43
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The wheelbase is tiny, and the suspension hard. So the 105mm ground clearance will not hurt too much as the figures suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Only 105mm ground clearance will ensure that the car will be purchased by people living in towns with even metallic roads
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Same is the case with Polo GTi abroad. No automatic climate control, no adaptive cruise control as standard.
This is similar to some of the Ferrari Model Ground Clearance and the Ferrari has a longer wheelbase.

The short wheelbase, hard suspension and overall size of vehicle will ensure the impact of low Ground Clearance is minimised. Yet this will not be a practical vehicle for sure. But then the Harley Super Lows too have a low Ground Clearance and they so sell. The vehicle is just a branding statement and will never sell in numbers.

A lot (not all) of the Custom higher power /sport sub brand models like "M", "AMG" and the "Abarth" do face the issue of some of the comfort and safety features either not being present or being manual - especially when there are significant changes in the engine, gearbox, suspension and braking systems (not just the cosmetic trim). Essentially for the limited run that they enjoy this is just the compromise that we have to live with.

This will be a fun vehicle for those who can afford it for just that objective and have short drives around their homes where they can enjoy such a vehicle maybe even on the route to an office close by, it is not meant to be a practical vehicle out here.

That said I don't agree with the effort that FIAT are taking for rolling out such models and some increased effort to market their Bread and Butter vehicles would be better for them. It's not like Indians see this as a Lux badge and are prepared to pay for the badge value.

Last edited by ACM : 5th August 2015 at 13:01.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Nearly Rs.30 Lakhs for the car and it comes with manual air conditioning!
This is altogether in a different segment and only performance might matter there. It will not be right to compare this with Merc cars in similar price range or any other cars. Message is very clear from FIAT - it is only targetting FIAT/ABARTH enthusiasts in the country.
vinodvayyat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 20:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
This will be a fun vehicle for those who can afford it for just that objective and have short drives around their homes where they can enjoy such a vehicle maybe even on the route to an office close by, it is not meant to be a practical vehicle out here.

That said I don't agree with the effort that FIAT are taking for rolling out such models and some increased effort to market their Bread and Butter vehicles would be better for them. It's not like Indians see this as a Lux badge and are prepared to pay for the badge value.

Couldn't agree more !

What i feel however is that Fiat is sitting pretty in the Indian scenario. The biggest manufacturer is using their engines day in & day out. The national engine, 1.3 mjd is the most sold one however through other marketeer. Its like they have an accomplished, state of the art soap manufacturing unit but are making soap for someone else. Even the latest MUL entry into SUV'sh territory, the S-Cross is using a 1.6 mjd engine that is so much talked about for its enormous torque fig.

Having said that there are virtually no takers for their own vehicles using the same engines. ( 1.3 mjd in particular) They have tried their hand at very many options with some semblance of success at the 1.4 T-jet however the sales are just trickling in. Half the no of people buying Maruti cars have no idea these are running on Fiat hearts & these are the same set of people who wouldn't dare touch a Fiat vehicle.

The Fiat Abarth 595 Competizione is, i think an attempt by Fiat to enhance their brand image & to keep it at a certain aspirational value knowing fully well that the sales charts may not even ring at all but they will have established & made the enthusiast in the country aware of the things to expect henceforth from Fiat.

I find the strategy by Fiat to be perfectly normal considering the enormity of the task of positioning their brand in India against an almost monopolistic onslaught. They understand the importance of the Indian market but also are aware that the road is a long & a hard one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks