Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 17:15   #16
BHPian

I think something to do with the interiors.
I feel facelift alone can not work any wonders to them
Old 30th August 2006, 17:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
What is so new about the "new" palio except for a facelift? Does anyone really think that the facelift will work wonders?
Nope,not just yet.Palio II with Multijet diesel and new interiors(if they offer that) would certainly help matters though.
Cosmetic changes alone wont be of much help.

Last edited by roms : 30th August 2006 at 17:22.
Old 30th August 2006, 17:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
What is so new about the "new" palio except for a facelift? Does anyone really think that the facelift will work wonders?
Except if they announce it at a discount to average segment price... and publicise the perceived *** improvements, post-alliance. Methinks the 1.3 directinjection diesel engine is Fiat's best bet.
Old 30th August 2006, 17:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

If Fiat India comes up with the "new" Palio which has exactly the same specs and interiors as the current one, then it is as good as "all new" Maruti formula. Unlike Maruti, I think Fiat will not benefit out of this. If they have to use Palio as a stop-gap arrangement before bringing their more current models, then they can do this, though it wont fetch them any revenue. But if they have to let Palio undergo its natural lifecycle, then they will have to seriously do much more than changing headlights. The interiors will have to be redone completely, they should try and infuse a little bit more character to the exterior and most importantly, they have to change their engine options. They will have to let go of 1.2 and 1.9 dsl and they will have to bring their 1.4 and 1.3 multijet respectively. Only then will the Palio be of some competition to the other models.
Old 31st August 2006, 02:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

completely agree with deepakhon. only cosmetic changes will not do any good to the relaunched palio II. new interiors, engine options must be available when they bring in the new palio. else the new palio bet will be a complete disaster. fiat india should understand that since the launch of the swift, the game has moved on to an another level. now if they want to launch the palio II in the 4-5 lakh bracket..they will have to beat the swift if they want to succeed. else bring in the palio II against the santro!
Old 31st August 2006, 07:28   #21
BHPian

The following was the email I received for Fiat's help desk in July'06

"From: MARKETING Helpdesk [mailto:Helpdesk.MARKETING@fiat.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:15 PM
To: XXXXX
Subject: RE: Palio - Approved/authorized LPG kit

Dear Mr. XXXXX
We are very close to the announcement of availability of CNG/LPG options with Fiat range of products.
we will update you shortly on the same.

Regards,

Helpdesk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 8:30 AM
To: MARKETING Helpdesk
Subject: Palio - Approved/authorized LPG kit

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am planning to buy a car (hatchback) soon in the next few months. Meanwhile I would like to know whether fiat-india has any approved/authorized LPG kit, so that the warranty does not get not affected.
Awaiting your quick reply.

Regards,

XXXXXXX"

batman
Old 31st August 2006, 13:35   #22
BHPian

ok guys, i have checked with anuroop and fortune and they are happily offering a discount of 70000-75000 if you go for finance, and this is without breaking a sweat, i am sure one can easily squezze another 5-10 grands.

i have already posted a thread about my confusion in pickin "adventure and palio" what i would like to know over here is, should i go for palio 1.6 at the current discount its a steal. also what dealers have told me is it would be delivered against order so i have to do with a "stcok" car. as far as my information new palio is coming in 1.1 liter engine only so may be its my best bet to buy a car which i have cherished for long
Old 31st August 2006, 15:35   #23
BHPian

My pick would be an BLACK adventure. Man it is really awesome one with lots of space and other practical things. One should go with 1.6 as it is an awesome machine and in mileage terms, hardly 0.5 or 1 km matters between 1.2 and 1.6.
Old 31st August 2006, 16:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
as far as my information new palio is coming in 1.1 liter engine only so may be its my best bet to buy a car which i have cherished for long
If your information is right, then they are talking about the 1.1 palio fire....thats much better than the current 1.2L palio engine...and more fuel efficient too... I have driven it for almost a year and its a real peppy engine...
Old 31st August 2006, 16:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
If your information is right, then they are talking about the 1.1 palio fire....thats much better than the current 1.2L palio engine...and more fuel efficient too... I have driven it for almost a year and its a real peppy engine...
How many horses does it put out?
Old 31st August 2006, 21:44   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is Fiat giving away their Palios like this? Stock clearance/ new model release ?
Old 31st August 2006, 21:48   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Why is Fiat giving away their Palios like this? Stock clearance/ new model release ?
Hey, Its a bit of both it seems .... though the exact reasons ain't clear yet .

And there is a 50K discount only for the 1.6 in Delhi ... pushing the dealer to offer a bigger discount but he aint budging so far though he's offering upto 75K on the 1.2 , so that is kinda confusing coz the 1.6 sells in lesser numbers so wud expect a bigger discount on this , but then FIAT India is pretty strange as we all know ..

By tomorrow evening I will know if I do go for a new Yellow 1.6 ... !!!

Cheers

Last edited by khaadu75 : 31st August 2006 at 21:51.
Old 1st September 2006, 05:42   #28
BANNED

The discount of Rs.50,000 is a fact. I came to know about it when I went for a test-drive last month and it covers both the Palio 1.2 & 1.6 and is only for August(according to Dealer).

But I think, in all probabilities the discounts will be extended.

And the sales personnel told me that there will not be any new models from Fiat stable in 2006 !!!
Old 1st September 2006, 13:13   #29
BHPian

Checked with my friend working in Fiat India. Story is that Fiat is shifting to Ranjangaon plant in next couple of months and rather than shifting the inventory to the new plant (about 300-400 cars in stock) the decision is to sell at a discount. Dealers are also being pushed to stock up on parts inventory.

Expect the new styled Palio by Dec'06.
Old 1st September 2006, 13:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005
Expect the new styled Palio by Dec'06.
So they have postponed the launch of face-lifted Palio to Dec'06, it was initally slated for Sep'06......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks