Team-BHP - Palio is going very cheap currently (50K-70K cash discount)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Palio is going very cheap currently (50K-70K cash discount) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16541-palio-going-very-cheap-currently-50k-70k-cash-discount.html)

Dear group,

currently Palio is going dirt cheap for 1.2 and 1.6 models and adventure. I don't know about 1.9D and petra.

So contact your dealer to grab this opportunity.
Discuonts range from 50K to 70K.

May be new palio is on the way..

more details, visit www.paliousersindia.net and go through the messages..

Nice. Thanks for the headsup. Will surely help potential buyers in getting the best price.

Thatz a absolute steal!

A great chance for all fence sitters to grab this amazing Car at a amazing price!!!

Just called the local Tata-Fiat dealer here. He says the revised discounts are not yet known to them, but will call me back in an hours time to let me know.

Current on road prices Ex-Mumbai are:
Company Reg: 5,89,636
Individual Reg: 5,24,116

What I don't understand is why is it offered only in 2 colours - Red and Yellow? What happened to that terrific black which they had?

Oh yea, 18 months warranty with an additional 30 months available for Rs.4000 more. Not bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Just called the local Tata-Fiat dealer here. He says the revised discounts are not yet known to them, but will call me back in an hours time to let me know.

Current on road prices Ex-Mumbai are:
Company Reg: 5,89,636
Individual Reg: 5,24,116

What I don't understand is why is it offered only in 2 colours - Red and Yellow? What happened to that terrific black which they had?

Oh yea, 18 months warranty with an additional 30 months available for Rs.4000 more. Not bad.

Rtechm tahts the price for 1.6GTX?

Yes JK, thats the price of the 1.6. Didn't bother asking the price of the 1.2 and Tata-Fiat dealers don't sell the diesel.

So, as I kinda expected, the dealer never got back to me. Anyways, as Wasan motors is just behind my office, we (2l8uloose and myself) decided to pay them a visit after lunch. They had a 1.2 on display. The sole Fiat in the otherwise Tata showroom.

I have driven and ridden in the older 1.6 GTX when it was launched and was impressed by the build quality and fit and finish. Sad to say that this has dropped tremendously. The brand new car sitting in the showroom had uneven fixtures inside and uneven panel gaps outside. The passenger sunvisor refused to stay in position and kept dropping down. The 2 tone dashboard was terribly finished with the plastic frayed at the edges. The other plastic parts such as the door trims, door handles, ashtrays were of the cheapest quality. However, good to note that the doors closed with that same solid thud as before.

Anyway, yes, they are offering Rs.70,000 discount on the 1.6. That would bring the price down to about Rs.4,54,116. This is about 15,000 cheaper than the middle level Swift. Seeing that way the quality has fallen on the Fiats, and their resale value, and the facelifted model coming soon, I really would prefer a Swift over this, even taking into account the Swift's relative lack of power and interior space.

There are rumors that Palio production has stopped and they are phasing out the model. I came to know via a friend who was interested in buying palio and his Uncle is one of the top officials at Fiat India. When my friend contacted his Uncle he came to know that company is clearing stocks and so my friend decided not to go for it. This was around three months back.

Hence people the mystery's been solved... the discount is so that you buy a poorly finished hunk of plastic disguised as a car... VOILA!!!

Hey, I heard this news yesterday eve and promtly called the Fiat dealer here in Delhi for the exact price after discount .. thought Id trade in my existing GTX for a brand new yellow 1.6 !! He said he would revert back asap as he had to re confirm the new discounts ... similar to rtech incident -- 24 hrs have almost passed and still no call .

I wonder what teh FIAT bosses are doing ?? maybe we need to send them an invite to this forum ...

Also the sales head told me that they stopped the yellow 1.6 a few months back , which I didnt believe coz I know guys who have bought the yellow color recently . But now after hearing what rtech has to say on the build quality of the new pieces, I think I shud stick to my present GTX .....

CONFUSED .... !!

Cheers

Khaadu, they still sell yellow. That, and red, are the only 2 colour choices for the 1.6.

However, in your case, with the trade in deal they offered you, I'd go for the new one with the extended warranty. Makes sense, but only in your case! And if they stick to the figures they quoted for the buy back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitbagai
There are rumors that Palio production has stopped and they are phasing out the model.

Those may not be rumours and FIAT was planning to phase out the current Palio,only to give way to Palio II.New Palio may be lauched in a few months time.Fingers crossed.Lets hope this time with new interiors.
If FIAT India completely withdraw the 178 platform,what will they survive on?Eating peanuts??:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by roms
If FIAT India completely withdraw the 178 platform,what will they survive on?Eating peanuts??:p

Exactly my concern. 178 platform is the only offering from Fiat India at present. Even if they have to bring in other offerings (Punto, Panda, etc) it is still atleast a year to go. What will they offer till then?

Their only chance now is to bring in the new look Palio on the same 178 platform and continue offering that. Once their new offerings are ready, they can relegate Palio to the entry level.

The offer of around 70k for the 1.6 seems to be really good.

I have not seen the recent Palios, so, I can not judge how they fare with respect to the build quality as compared to the one I bought around 3 years ago.

The new model palio is on it's way and hence they wanted to get rid of the current stocks to make way for them. This will make their Kurla facility free and all the new models will come out from their Ranjangaon facility.

Apart from the above, the discounts are may be due to the pricing of new look palios. If it's priced as what available today without discounts due to competition then who will buy the old Palios?.

All the above mentioned are my assumptions, only future can tell us what's happening.

What is so new about the "new" palio except for a facelift? Does anyone really think that the facelift will work wonders?