Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 18:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

Nice scoop and nice features like cruise control etc, but none of this can be assumed to be relevant to the car that Maruti will launch in India, we have seen umpteen times that features are removed from the international versions while making it's way to Maruti's product line.

So wait for the Indian model before getting too excited.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Great find Anshuman.

Is it just me or does the car look a little weirdly shaped? Definitely not a love at first sight (not sure of the number of sights it would take). The black interiors look upmarket though.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 19:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

Great Scoop!

Good to see Maruti experimenting with premium products. And with the premium hatchback space growing, this car has the potential to do well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
GIt's very strange and confusing that the passenger airbag is written on one of the buttons besides hazard light button.
That button is for the purpose of disabling the passenger-airbag.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 19:33   #19
BHPian

Relax guys! For sure Not an India spec car. Do not want to be devils advocate here again but am sure we will be robbed of most of the good things highlighted here when its launched. Just like Creta.

Nonetheless a great scoop Anshuman!

Last edited by vinayrathore : 1st July 2015 at 19:39.
Old 1st July 2015, 19:35   #20
BHPian

Great work Anshuman !
Maruti seems to be working really hard to replace the ageing Swift.
This car will be a direct competition to the Elite i20 and from the looks of it, i20 has a worthy challenger. I am not sure if the big screen seen in the pics would make way to the Indian Models (the top end may get a smaller screen).

Another winner from Maruti? Lets wait and watch.

The rear view mirrors remind me of the Punto and the Central Dash of the Elantra.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 1st July 2015 at 19:48. Reason: Additional text added
Old 1st July 2015, 19:45   #21
BHPian

What is this? A Swift & A-Star Hybrid? And Maruti thinks it can compete with the Elite & Jazz? No way! It looks confusing, The interior looks average, The touchscreen info is a straight lift from the Ciaz, The steering & MID are from Swift, No rear AC vents! The only thing to watch out for is the 1.0 Turbo engine. Apart from that, there is nothing much to get excited.
Old 1st July 2015, 19:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

That Dear sir, is a fantastic scoop. Thanks for sharing!!

I did not like the front treatment. Too much chrome on the grill making it look Garish. This is a euro spec car. Indian version may turn out to have even more chrome. The side profile looks good, rear reminds of Polo.

Interiors look class apart however need to see what happens to the India spec car. I am a fan of black interiors, hope they don't get too much beige to India.

The rear space looks good. Probably as spacious as i20?
Old 1st July 2015, 20:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Not a good looking car at all. It looks like mod in which the front end of a Swift and back end of a Palio were welded together.
Lets hold back opinions on the interiors as we all know that most likely India will get a stripped down version.
Do you think this will completely replace the Swift or will it sit a tier above ?

Good scoop by the way !
Old 1st July 2015, 20:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
What is this? A Swift & A-Star Hybrid? And Maruti thinks it can compete with the Elite & Jazz? No way! It looks confusing, The interior looks average, The touchscreen info is a straight lift from the Ciaz, The steering & MID are from Swift, No rear AC vents! The only thing to watch out for is the 1.0 Turbo engine. Apart from that, there is nothing much to get excited.
Maruti do not need to compete with either Elite or Jazz, it is already selling Swift much more than everything else combined. Addition of Fronx will only make matter worse for others. Moreover, all manufacturers do source elements from their siblings, I don't see anything wrong in it.
Others shall just pray that it is not at par with Swift or other Maruti best sellers.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 21:15   #25
BHPian

Disappointing! What is this? Station wagon dreaming to be a SUV? I bet that new version of Swift will get the same face with chrome treatment!
I think that "chrome treatment" should be provided as an optional package and should not be forced.
I saw the test mules on Delhi - Gurgaon expressway and it did not click for me.
Who is the target audience here? This would only sell because of the brand name; no other reason.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 23:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

The car side panels and fuel lid are not damaged. The birdie and/or anshuman have worked on the image to avoid the visibility of the reflection (of place, people) on the doors,etc..

Nice looking hatch. Keen to know more details. Will this come with a 1.6 DDiS? wishful thinking?
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 23:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The car side panels and fuel lid are not damaged. The birdie and/or anshuman have worked on the image to avoid the visibility of the reflection (of place, people) on the doors,etc..
You are right, the images have been blurred at some places to remove reflections.
.anshuman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for a great scoop. Usually, a car which impresses a large group is a battle half won! Maruti has tough times ahead with this product. A clean USP with an unmatched value is required for this product to stand upto Elite i20 (or even Jazz). Personally, based on the looks, am giving it a thumbs down. Am quite happy how manufacturers are giving us lots of options though; I can just hop into another showroom & cut the cheque.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd July 2015 at 00:26.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Maruti do not need to compete with either Elite or Jazz, it is already selling Swift much more than everything else combined. Addition of Fronx will only make matter worse for others. Moreover, all manufacturers do source elements from their siblings, I don't see anything wrong in it.
Others shall just pray that it is not at par with Swift or other Maruti best sellers.
It is absolutely ok to source elements or parts with thier siblings. Every OEM out there does it.

Fronx will make matter worse for others is wishful thinking at this point. I still remember when the Swift was launched as to how on earth is this called a car!. All cars are not Swifts and also just because this is a Suzuki it need not sell.

Looks are subjective but I will not be far from the mark when I say that the Fronx will never ever win a beauty contest. That crown rests solidly with the Elite i20. All these cars from Suzuki keep proving me time and again that they do not have any good designers. This might sell well too. But I am not spending my money on the Fronx.
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the excellent scoop .anshuman!

The rear and side profile looks good. Wish the front didn't have those details to resemble the Swift. The YRA does look very unorthodox, so I will wait to catch the car in person before judging the design as a total failure. When Elite i20 was scooped for the first time, not many liked it. Now everyone just love it.

The car looks spacious and very sporty with yummy black interiors. Hope the quality of materials on the inside and out is great and it drives well. Can we have the 1.6 MJD bolted in please?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks