Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:27   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!

YBA looks as big as the elite i20. Here is a pic. It was found testing along with its prime competitor.

Courtesy: www.indiancarsbikes.in
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-wp_ss_20150702_0003.png  

PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:52   #32
BHPian

I kinda like the retro look in the side profile; not a big fan of new age fluidic kind of designs. This design will age well. Premium hatch back owners are bound to have a very practical mindset else they will buy a sedan. If the features are right and space utilization good - as good as jazz, this will sell.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

After mini SUV, now India is seeing the rise of Premium hatchbacks. Love the way the market is evolving. pity those who are launching the sub-4m sedans now(Ford!!) Indian car buyer seem to be more inclined towards i20/jazz segment than the dzire/amaze category

Coming back to Nexa, Is this just just for dealerships only or are we talking about a complete brand called "Nexa" ? Will Suzuki get rid of Maruti and attach Nexa there ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitthari View Post
All cars are not Swifts and also just because this is a Suzuki it need not sell.
True. That is why others must pray that this is not another Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitthari View Post
Looks are subjective but I will not be far from the mark when I say that the Fronx will never ever win a beauty contest. That crown rests solidly with the Elite i20. All these cars from Suzuki keep proving me time and again that they do not have any good designers. This might sell well too. But I am not spending my money on the Fronx.
True again. Hyundai always has better looking models than Maruti in all segments. Elite is class apart and no one is even close to this car in terms of looks. However, I think Marutis, in general, drive better than their counterpart in Hyundai. Personally, I will prefer drive-ability any day over looks.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:46   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Coming back to Nexa, Is this just just for dealerships only or are we talking about a complete brand called "Nexa" ? Will Suzuki get rid of Maruti and attach Nexa there ?
Nexa is only the name of Maruti Suzuki's Premium outlet. It is not a sub-brand.

The cars from this outlet will have Suzuki as its badge!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

If the pictures are to be believed, there is nothing special in this car. The only way its going to compete is the MSIL's sheer muscle power.

Jazz and i20 elite are much better to look at; no offence but I would still rate Swift better than YRA.

Hyundai keeps on presenting regular facelifts while MSIL goes in for limited editions and I hope this time around Honda would be equally cautious with Jazz. It would be difficult for MSIL to pitch between the 2 "H".

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

I for one, absolutely hate the all black combination. It makes the overall feel inside the car very gloomy. Even if I like the car, I wont be buying it as my betterhalf wont approve of the black interiors.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:28   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I for one, absolutely hate the all black combination. It makes the overall feel inside the car very gloomy. Even if I like the car, I wont be buying it as my betterhalf wont approve of the black interiors.
If you have observed, the dashboard material(Just like the YL1 Scoop) is pre production crude plastic, the final material and choice for colors(Atleast for India) will be different.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If you have observed, the dashboard material(Just like the YL1 Scoop) is pre production crude plastic, the final material and choice for colors(Atleast for India) will be different.
Yes, I did notice that. I am just saying that we have moved on to an era, where we can maintain beige color or non black interiors. While some may still prefer an all black combo, I wouldnt want it now because of the dark and gloomy feeling that will be attached to it.

Having said this, this should be a game changer for MSIL...err, Suzuki!
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki YRA to come with DRL Inserted Projectors headlamps,, spied on test.

Team-BHP Scoop Pics! Maruti YRA / Fronx Hatchback, uncamouflaged!-marutisuzukiyra1.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd July 2015 at 12:11.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:40   #41
BHPian

Guys

I think we should not judge the looks just yet, these scoop pics are of very low quality and are edited out in weird ways for whatever reasons.

Look at this one, it looks quite good in this angle. I'd agree with the front grill being a miss here, hopefully this will change in the production variant or be prepared to use some black paint or some black stickering job. Anyways, i think this car will look much better in flesh, looks wide and has a good stance.

Source

Last edited by autohead115 : 2nd July 2015 at 12:59.
autohead115 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:46   #42
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop, .anshuman! Thanks to you & your old friend (Mr. Birdie) for sharing these pictures of the YRA / Fronx with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki YRA to come with DRL Inserted Projectors headlamps, spied on test.
One can only hope. The latest fad is to convert the LED DRLs (a safety feature) found on international models into LED positioning lamps (an external cosmetic feature) on the Indian versions. Notice how both the S-Cross and Creta tout "LED positioning lamps" on the feature list.

Who needs the bling provided by LED parking lamps at night, when a pair of W5W bulbs can do the job perfectly?

If they're so particular about providing LED parking lamps, then it's better to put in LEDs that perform both functions i.e. act as LED DRLs during the day, and dim down to act as LED position lamps at night!

Looking at the picture, I think those may not be DRLs, but just LED parking lamps. Notice how the LEDs are on when the headlamps are also on. DRLs are meant to go off when the headlamps get switched on (unless they also dim down to act as parking lamps).

Last edited by RSR : 2nd July 2015 at 12:53.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:51   #43
BHPian

Front grill reminds me of Mazda family's chrome treatment at the front. Wild guess, the sections on the parking brakes could be armrest-storage mounts too, but I can be wrong here
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:01   #44
BHPian

Did not like the front face of the car at all . The side and the back profile seem much better. But size wise looks soo much similar to the Swift and the SCross. Makes me wonder how many hatchbacks are MSIL planning to have that are so similar in size?!
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:35   #45
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki YRA to come with DRL Inserted Projectors headlamps,, spied on test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
Guys

I think we should not judge the looks just yet ...
Yes, the above 2 pictures seems to suggest a much better looking car than the spy shots on the first page.
Will have to wait for the official images of India specific model to make final judgements look-wise.

Any news on the engine options that could be availabe?

Wish India also get those alloys, IMO looks way better than the ones on S-Cross.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks