Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar launches XF Aero-Sport at Rs. 52 lakhs

The car is primarily targeted at US and EU markets where customers drive themselves and give importance to performance & nimble handling both of which require light and compact body

Will struggle in chauffeur driven markets like India & China
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The wheels look like the come from some entry level segment.
They resemble the Linea's alloys, except that the same design looks way better on the Linea than on this car.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 10:38   #18
BHPian

The Jaguar XF feels really cramped inside, especially the rear seats. Even for a average person (5.8") and there is very little leg room.

What Jaguar has done is given longer seats, which means you get longer under thigh support but at the cost of leg room.

The Aero sport branding is laughable given the package, yeah I have seen better wheels on a Linea.

But Jaguar XF is a big head turner compared to the german trio for sure. Just saying.

Last edited by bharatbs : 4th July 2015 at 10:40.
Old 5th July 2015, 04:27   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The car looks great. But the wheels somehow look plasticky like those WELLY Scale Models in 1:24 and 1:18 size, which are available in most Toy Shops.

Oh, and yes, I agree that the wheel design is similar to that of the Linea.
I also agree completely that notwithstanding this being a Jag, the pricing is totally whacko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Jaguar has launched a new variant of the XF sedan in India. Dubbed Aero-Sport, it is priced at Rs. 52 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai, pre-octroi).
away and electric sunroof. The car rides on 17-inch Libra alloy wheels and comes with a full size spare wheel.

The XF Aero-Sport is available in four body colours - Polaris White, Ultimate Black, Sapphire Blue and Odyssey Red.
Old 5th July 2015, 07:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't think you've sat on the rear seat of an XF. If you have, you probably haven't checked out its competition. The XF is the most cramped 67 lakh car you can buy today. Forget the E-Class & A6, even the F10 3-Series offers more cabin space.
More is never enough. The fact is that it has enough legroom if legroom is what you are after as evidenced in the video below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
The Jaguar XF feels really cramped inside, especially the rear seats. Even for a average person (5.8") and there is very little leg room.

What Jaguar has done is given longer seats, which means you get longer under thigh support but at the cost of leg room.

The Aero sport branding is laughable given the package, yeah I have seen better wheels on a Linea.

But Jaguar XF is a big head turner compared to the german trio for sure. Just saying.
I am pretty sure you have never sat in one else I do not think how can you so emphatically state that it is short on legroom especially for someone who is just 5.8". If it okay for Mat (who is almost 6 feet), with room to spare, I am pretty sure it limosine big for someone who is 5.8" tall headroom included.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th July 2015 at 07:05.
Old 5th July 2015, 08:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More is never enough. The fact is that it has enough legroom if legroom is what you are after as evidenced in the video below
I am pretty sure when someone actually wants to buy a car , comparisons are usually done within segment , so everyone who is suggesting that XF is cramped has its peers - 5 series or E class or A6 in mind and not something like RR . In case of XF rear seat is awful not just because of less legroom but also due to sloping roof line . In the video pasted there is no reference how far driver & front seats have been pushed forward but you can still see very low headroom .

Have a look at what others are trying to say ( reference - Google ) or better visit Jaguar & BMW dealerships back to back in case you have personally not checked these yet

From the words of chief designer - Mick Mohan

" We are not in the transportation business "

...it is your unlucky fate to be stuffed into the back seat of the XF. Both Jaguar and BMW have larger sedans to sell, so it's no surprise that neither offers space to sprawl, but while the 5-series offers adequate accommodation for four decent-sized adults, the XF does not, lacking both head and legroom.
Jaguar is keen to point out that there's a lot more room in the back of the XF than there was in the S-type, but that's like saying measles are better than mumps: true, but you'd rather not have to put up with either

http://www.askmen.com/cars/news_300/336_news.html

&

here’s plenty of space in the front of the XF, but its swooping roofline means you have to be careful not to bang your head when climbing in and out of the rear. Also, while adults do fit back there, they can’t stretch their legs out like they can in the Audi A6, BMW 5-series and Mercedes E-class.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/jaguar/xf/

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th July 2015 at 08:23.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 09:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

I am pretty sure you have never sat in one else I do not think how can you so emphatically state that it is short on legroom especially for someone who is just 5.8". If it okay for Mat (who is almost 6 feet), with room to spare, I am pretty sure it limosine big for someone who is 5.8" tall headroom included.
Just because someone mentioned their height doesn't entitle you to make fun of it.

The fact remains, leg room isn't the only criteria which is judged whilst evaluating the back seat comfort of a car. While the legroom of the XF is okayish, the headroom is tight. Also, the shoulder room is poor, the seat base is short and the window line really high. I've sat in an XF alone, and with 3 people. The XF is bearable alone, but was a night mare with three people with everyone fighting for shoulder room.

In comparison, the E or even the 5 can easily seat 3 people without any sort of problems.

Mat is 5'10 BTW.

And for reference, I am 6 feet.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 5th July 2015 at 09:09.
prakhar1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 12:25   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More is never enough. The fact is that it has enough legroom if legroom is what you are after as evidenced in the video below.
Extreme_Torque, please stop relying on online videos which leave a lot of questions unanswered (e.g. what the front seat was adjusted to). I can make a video of an Alto showing the same rear legroom by nicely adjusting the front seat.

The proof is in the pudding. Please go and sit in an XF. Once you do, go check out its competition too. I have more than once, hence my comment.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 13:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Just because someone mentioned their height doesn't entitle you to make fun of it.

The fact remains, leg room isn't the only criteria which is judged whilst evaluating the back seat comfort of a car. While the legroom of the XF is okayish, the headroom is tight. Also, the shoulder room is poor, the seat base is short and the window line really high. I've sat in an XF alone, and with 3 people. The XF is bearable alone, but was a night mare with three people with everyone fighting for shoulder room.

In comparison, the E or even the 5 can easily seat 3 people without any sort of problems.

Mat is 5'10 BTW.

And for reference, I am 6 feet.
And please pray tell me how am I making fun of it? I am speaking matter of fact and purely legroom which isnt cramped by any means, as implied in his post. Even headroom will not be a problem for someone 5.8" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Extreme_Torque, please stop relying on online videos which leave a lot of questions unanswered (e.g. what the front seat was adjusted to). I can make a video of an Alto showing the same rear legroom by nicely adjusting the front seat.

The proof is in the pudding. Please go and sit in an XF. Once you do, go check out its competition too. I have more than once, hence my comment.
Mat is one of the most viewed car reviewers online and I am pretty sure this is not a doctored video. He adjusts the front seat to his height and then gets into back seat.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 5th July 2015 at 13:52.
Old 5th July 2015, 14:02   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mat is one of the most viewed car reviewers online and I am pretty sure this is not a doctored video. He adjusts the front seat to his height and then gets into back seat.
I believe the word used earlier was cramped. While the legroom may be fine according to what you posted, the headroom and shoulder room could have been better. It does actually feel cramped, not compared to an A4 or 3 series but compared to the 5, A6 and E which are its competitors.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 20:20   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is really getting ridiculous. Again, I reiterate, you are relying on 2nd-hand information. Please go and check out the 60 lakh sedans for yourself, then come back and post your findings on the space. Nearly all the folk who are complaining about the XF's backseat on this thread have first-hand experience.

So what if he is one of the most viewed car reviewers online? I can tell you of the founding editor of Overdrive magazine who has 30 years of journalism under his belt, and he still didn't find a problem with the Fortuner's brakes . Just read up his original review of the Fortuner and you'll get an idea of how the industry spins.

Nevertheless, since you're big on carbuyer's videos, check out what they have to say about the XF here.

Quote:
If you plan on carrying adults in the rear regularly, you'll be better off with a Mercedes E-Class. Legroom 'isn't bad' (read, not impressive), footroom is small and my head is hitting the roof.
And here's some additional reading for you - link

On Team-BHP, we value first-hand experiences more than anything else. Please check out the XF, E-Class, 5-Series & A6 out for yourself, then come back with your findings. Until then, take the word of those who've been in all of them.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 21:55   #27
BHPian

We have a Xf, a 212-2 E and a 525. Believe me the rear of the XF is more cramped than our Civic!

OT: Our '07 Accord has more room than all of these.
Harneet.S is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks