Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:19   #1
Team-BHP Support

Jaguar launches XF Aero-Sport at Rs. 52 lakhs

Jaguar has launched a new variant of the XF sedan in India. Dubbed Aero-Sport, it is priced at Rs. 52 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai, pre-octroi).

The XF Aero-Sport gets some cosmetic changes such as a rear spoiler, 'R' style side sills, sport-style front bumper and a black grille with a chrome surround. The interiors feature aluminium, leather and wood. The car is equipped with features such as a touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, front passenger seat away and electric sunroof. The car rides on 17-inch Libra alloy wheels and comes with a full size spare wheel.

Jaguar launches XF Aero-Sport at Rs. 52 lakhs-jaguar-xf-aerosport.jpg

Powering the XF Aero-Sport is Jaguar Land Rover's 2,179cc, 4-cylinder, diesel engine that puts out 188 BHP @ 3,500 rpm and 450 Nm of torque @ 2,000 rpm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.

The XF Aero-Sport is available in four body colours - Polaris White, Ultimate Black, Sapphire Blue and Odyssey Red.
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jaguar launches XF Aero-Sport at Rs. 52 lakhs

Have these guys gone mad? 52 lakhs without octroi for an 8-year old, cramped 4-cylinder sedan? Add octroi, road tax & insurance and you're looking at 67 lakhs .

It's hardly surprising that Jaguar is a marginal player in the luxury space, isn't it?
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have these guys gone mad? 52 lakhs without octroi for an 8-year old, cramped 4-cylinder sedan?
If this is a cramped sedan for you, what do you want? A Rolls-Royce for 67lakhs?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2015 at 14:13. Reason: No inappropriate language please, not even indirectly.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
If this is a cramped sedan for you, what do you want? A Rolls-Royce for 67lakhs?
Can you please compare with the competition please!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2015 at 14:13. Reason: Quoted post edited
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I think he meant that compared to other sedans in the class, the Jaguar XF is less spacious and a bit long in the tooth. The Rolls Royce reference is uncalled for.

karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:03   #6
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
That's not a tall order at all. You'd know about the cramped rear if you've sat in one.

Car's like the Superb, Octavia, and even the Nissan Sunny have far more legroom than the XF. All of which can be had at a fraction of the price so you don't need no "Rolls".

This is a half baked effort by Jaguar to push a dated product like the underwhelming 2.2 XF. It is the oldest car in it's class and they are pretty delusional to charge 60+ lacs for it.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2015 at 14:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
Mtv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:25   #7
BHPian

Hey now! that Nissan Sunny comparison was also uncalled for! haha..

j/k... I definitely think these car makers try their luck with these products and see if there's a segment who'll lap it up. I am sure someone who's purely after aspirational brand image might consider this. "I want a Jag. I want a Jag. I want only a Jag. It must have spoiler, ok?" . Sold!
Mad Max is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you sounded a little bit harsh over there. What gto was trying to make a point is for that amount of money people deserve some thing better. Take look back, around 2years back you would have got a car with much more value than this for the same amount. Inspite being localised every one of the luxury brand makers are exploiting the customer.

ldk2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:31   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

67 lacs for that...I also want to have the same dope that jaguar is on

52 lacs OTR would have still probably made sense. Does anyone know if Jaguar also provides discounts like the german counterparts or are fussy about it(Never visited there dealerships)
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:59   #10
Team-BHP Support

I don't know what to laugh at more, the price or the fact that they are calling THIS 'Aero-Sport'. What jokers, really!

Those tiny rims firstly, had they provided better rims with the rest of the stuff there, it would have been acceptable.

Then a 2.2l 190bhp engine, again with the word sport in the name.

And then 52 lacs for it, when the new model has launched internationally. Compare the 520D or A6 2.0tdi to it, and they are far better loaded and have much more space.

Seriously JLR, pull your socks up.
Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:34   #11
BHPian

Relax people, neither was my statement harsh, nor was it anyway a serious one. Sometimes it is surprising to see the amount of ultra-seriousness that runs through team-bhp forum. We all know what a Rolls and an XF costs.

On the aspect of rear legroom, its not like the companies are selling you short legroom without letting you know beforehand. And the XF we get here doesn't have any shorter the dimensions as compared to the West. The car is how it is. If you want to dwell in your "value for money" discussion, a Skoda Superb should fit your bill quite well. Oh but then again, brand value is so important right?

We have a messed up tax system in India for luxury vehicles since time immemorial - CKD or not CKD. So unless you're living the countries that manufacture these brands, you have deal with high costs all your lives.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 2nd July 2015 at 16:37.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

While I wouldn't compare a Rolls or Superb or Sunny to an XF, I certainly would compare the A6, 5-Series and E-Class with it. All these cars have more interior space than the XF. The plastics, like most Jags of today, aren't exactly up to the mark either. Also remember, the XF shares its underpinnings with the S-Type which in turn was based on a Ford / Lincoln. While the platform was pretty good back then, it is certainly not at par with the competition today.

This seems to be a final roll of the dice before the next-gen XF comes in. The pricing is, well, crazy!
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have these guys gone mad? 52 lakhs without octroi for an 8-year old, cramped 4-cylinder sedan? Add octroi, road tax & insurance and you're looking at 67 lakhs .

It's hardly surprising that Jaguar is a marginal player in the luxury space, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

This seems to be a final roll of the dice before the next-gen XF comes in. The pricing is, well, crazy!
JLR face a few dilemmas when compared to the German trio. The biggest one being Europe's generally floundering economy means that a weak Euro plays into the hands of German exports. With an imminent Greek exit expect the Euro to fall further helping the German trio. The Sterling on the other hand is in the Rs.100 ball park which really doesnt help JLR's case with exports.

Halewood, Castle Bromwich and Solihull are now running at maximum capacity. The only way JLR can come out of production restrictions and currency valuation, is to come out of UK and look at a large cheaper European factory. That is still atleast 2 years away from full swing production. As a stop gap some production will be sub contracted to Magna Steyr in Austria.

But till all this happens JLR are very unlikely to be competitive on the value front.
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar launches XF Aero-Sport at Rs. 52 lakhs

Tha XF is seriously cramped. I am 5.11 and I recently struggled through on a trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore.
The car is seriously dated for that price tag. A cosmetic surgery should cost that much. Lol. The wheels look like the come from some entry level segment. Jaguar seems to be making room for the XE to fit in.

By the way no one needs a Rolls Royce for leg space. Try the Ciaz.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd July 2015 at 14:10.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:20   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think you've sat on the rear seat of an XF. If you have, you probably haven't checked out its competition. The XF is the most cramped 67 lakh car you can buy today. Forget the E-Class & A6, even the F10 3-Series offers more cabin space.

Quote:
Sometimes it is surprising to see the amount of ultra-seriousness that runs through team-bhp forum.
We're debating on facts. Yes, we're very serious about our opinions on cars and keeping them factual.

Quote:
On the aspect of rear legroom, its not like the companies are selling you short legroom without letting you know beforehand.
By the same yardstick, I guess no one has the right to call a Xylo ugly, as the company has showed you the product beforehand .

Ridiculous. There's a reason why the XF is the poorest selling sedan, and far behind the Germans in the market.

Quote:
And the XF we get here doesn't have any shorter the dimensions as compared to the West.
Neither do we get a shorter E-Class, 5-Series or A6. What's your point again?

Quote:
We have a messed up tax system in India for luxury vehicles since time immemorial - CKD or not CKD. So unless you're living the countries that manufacture these brands, you have deal with high costs all your lives.
The same tax system applies to all its competitors which offer more for the same money.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks