Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 05:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Official: Maserati returns to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post

All this time we thought the German were ripping us off, but now the Italians have come to shown us that they are even better at it.
I think its Fiat's strategy that is to be blamed. Fiat had a pretty good strategy once upon a time. Ferrari owned Maserati, and Fiat/Ferrari invested a lot of $$ into increasing its production capacity. The idea was that Ferrari would capture the high end and Maserati would take the middle. Meanwhile, Fiat would position Alfa to take the low end of the premium market. But, when Ferrari rolled out Maserati, it predictably got greedy and overpriced the cars. The same trend is continuing here as well.

I wonder how they intend to position the Maserati brand with the roll-out of the new Alfa models (with Ferrari engines) that is happening now.

In any case better to wait a few years and buy a used Maserati, they have terrible resale value.
Jeeper1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 12:12   #17
BHPian

The Ghibli at 1.10cr ex-showroom would easily run up to 1.40cr+ on-road Mumbai. That slots it somewhere between S350 and S500 territory. And compared to the S, there is only one way this can go really.

I was very interested in picking up a Ghibli to replace my 3.0 V6 Jag, but have since gone ahead and booked the W222 S350. Something to think about, Maserati.
Old 13th November 2015, 10:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Maserati showroom is getting ready for open at M.G Road here in Bangalore. The showroom work is almost complete, however i don't have the pictures now.
Old 17th November 2015, 22:52   #19
BHPian

Scoop : Three Maserati's spotted in Bangalore

Today After noon near electronics city i found these three Maserati's coming in line slowly negotiating the hump near the EC fuel station. All covered but logo printed on it, ruling out the chances of test vehicles. Any comments?

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1253.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1254.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1248.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1249.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1250.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1251.jpg

Official: Maserati returns to India-img_1252.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2015 at 09:18. Reason: Typos + inserting images in line.
ajithbc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 23:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop : Three Maserati's spotted in Bangalore

These are customer car's ,being driven to the showroom for delivery to the lucky owners
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 23:17   #21
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Scoop? THREE MESARATI GHIBLI'S FOUND IN ECITY bANGALORE

I'm supposing one of them must be a Quattropote. Can't figure out due to the protective cover and the pic angles.
And yep, as Akshay said, these are the dealership cars. Will join the red GT and White GC in the showroom.
Great catch !

Last edited by A.K : 17th November 2015 at 23:19.
Old 29th December 2016, 11:41   #22
BHPian

On my daily commute to work, I usually get stuck in traffic right before the Maserati showroom on MG Road Bangalore. Unlike the Lamborghini showroom with one car, the Maserati one had quite a few cars on display. It was always a sight for sore eyes. But it also brought up the thought - who is going to buy them and how come they have a relatively high inventory.

It looks like they have finally thrown-in the towel. I have been out of town for a while now, and today on my way to work, I was surprised to notice that the showroom on MG road has closed down. No logo on the showroom, no cars, nothing. Just an empty space.

Any idea whether Maserati has closed the Bangalore operations completely or they have just shifted to a new location?
Old 29th December 2016, 13:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

Frankly Maserati threw in the towel too early. The Levante would have provided some volume. Jubliant Auto who manage Audi also have an office on Residency Road and will still manage sales and service. On a humourous note, it is quite a sight watching the Jubilant Quattroporte gingerly ride the incline onto Residency Road. Two people are required, one to drive and the other to supervise. That must have put quite a few people off during the test drives!

Last edited by ajmat : 29th December 2016 at 14:10.
Old 30th December 2016, 10:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

At Taj Santacruz - last week.
Official: Maserati returns to India-fb_img_1482328696888.jpg

Regards.
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:45   #25
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly Maserati threw in the towel too early. The Levante would have provided some volume. Jubliant Auto who manage Audi also have an office on Residency Road and will still manage sales and service. On a humourous note, it is quite a sight watching the Jubilant Quattroporte gingerly ride the incline onto Residency Road. Two people are required, one to drive and the other to supervise. That must have put quite a few people off during the test drives!
Maybe that is why a certain famous used car selling company has added a handful GranTourismos with zero mileage to their inventory.
http://www.bigboytoyz.com/maserati
Mtv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:05   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Maserati is continuing their operation in India & the Levante is on as well
Old 30th December 2016, 19:42   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Maybe that is why a certain famous used car selling company has added a handful GranTourismos with zero mileage to their inventory.
http://www.bigboytoyz.com/maserati
I need to clarify, they threw in the towel with regard to Bangalore operations. Another thing that I heard was that the showroom premises has some legal issues
Old 17th May 2017, 11:13   #28
BHPian

Maserati Bengaluru closes (article from November 7, 2016)
Unfortunate bitter truth :(

http://www.autodevot.com/2016/11/mas...galuru-closes/

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2017 at 13:06. Reason: Mentioning date of article too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks