Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 15:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled

Toyota has officially announced a recall for the Corolla sedans for a faulty passenger-side airbag issue.

Cars manufactured between April 2007 and June 2008, and some manufactured between June and July 2008 are a part of this recall.

Toyota claims that they haven't received any complains in India so far, regarding the same and this recall has been extended in line with the company's global practices.

Dealers will get in touch with the concerned customers to inform them about the same. Alternately, customers may contact the dealer or call the customer assistance centre at 1800 425 0001 for further information.

Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled-picture_165640.jpg
S2!!! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled

Saved. My car manufactured in Dec 2006, and sold to me in Mar 2007 at 60K discount (2006 model)
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 16:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled

What is commendable from Toyota is that they have not shied in recalling even close to a 10 year old model.

That is simply awesome and clearly states the seriousness they give for customer safety, no matter even if it is in the sunset of the said model.

Very well done Toyota and certainly speaks volumes of your commitment.
arnabchak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 18:29   #4
BHPian

Is this recall only for the Corolla manufactured untill 2008 or does it also include the Corolla Altis manufactured in 2008?
Old 12th July 2015, 21:57   #5
BHPian

Re: Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Is this recall only for the Corolla manufactured untill 2008 or does it also include the Corolla Altis manufactured in 2008?
Recall is for all Corollas manufactured between April 2007 to June 2008 and some manufactured in June and July 2008 also. I think it is for Corolla Altis also, if your VIN points to above manufacturing dates. Check your VIN and check if your car is manufactured in the above months or not.

Do call the customer assistance centre (18004250001) to confirm.
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 10:13   #6
j76
BHPian

My car was part of the lot that was manufactured in that period.
I called up the dealership, they had no idea, they did some checking and got back saying there was no such recall.

Then I called up the customer assistance centre. They said there was no recall, they are calling it a special service campaign. I frankly didn't care what they called it as long as they did what they promised to do.
Link to the 'campaign' http://www.toyotabharat.com/inen/announcement.aspx.

To cut the long story short, Toyota India said they will co-ordinate with the dealer. I promptly got a call from the dealership, scheduled an appointment and got the airbag changed.
Old 4th January 2016, 22:07   #7
BHPian

I have a Mar'08 manufactured corolla and I called the customer service. They in turn put me on to the dealer (Ravindu Toyota). They dealership confirmed my car is not a part of this recall. I called up the customer service to reconfirm and they said they do not have information and the dealership has confirmed and they should be right. However, I have asked them to give me in writing that my car is not under recall, I am yet to get that. Meanwhile checked in the Toyota India site. As per them the recall for faulty airbag is for cars manufactured between Jul'03 to Mar'07. Attaching the screenshot for reference. Not sure which information is correct..inputs please.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Corollas manufactured in 2007-08 recalled-11.png  

Last edited by onesomeone : 4th January 2016 at 22:12.
onesomeone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:10   #8
BHPian

Quick update, I called the customer service yesterday and asked them to confirm if my vehicle is not under recall as mentioned by the dealership. Also asked them to give me in writing if the vehicle is not under recall. The guy responded -"Sir let me see if the service campaign is still on?" to that he got the choicest of words from me in summary I said "I don't damn care about that the campaign is still on or not but I cannot go around in a car with faulty airbags". He promised to get back by EOD today. Meanwhile in the morning received a call from the same service advisor from Ravindu Toyota stating that after confirming yesterday the vehicle was not under recall, he reverified again and found that my vehicle is under recall. Then too not admitting he gave me incorrect information. Anyhow have fixed and appointment in the coming days. Planning to speak to the service manager when I go to the dealership and give him my candid feedback on how this case was dealt so callously.

Last edited by onesomeone : 5th January 2016 at 10:14.
Old 5th January 2016, 10:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
To cut the long story short, Toyota India said they will co-ordinate with the dealer. I promptly got a call from the dealership, scheduled an appointment and got the airbag changed.
How long did it take for them to replace the front airbag? Also can you please confirm if they changed both the front airbags or only the passenger side? I am planning to get mine done this week, your prompt response will be highly appreciated
Old 5th January 2016, 12:05   #10
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
How long did it take for them to replace the front airbag? Also can you please confirm if they changed both the front airbags or only the passenger side? I am planning to get mine done this week, your prompt response will be highly appreciated
I think they only changed the passenger side. The invoice also shows it as just 1 part.

I had also clubbed this with the annual service so I dont know how long it would take. But the service advisor did mention that the car will get delivered later than usual because the installation will take extra time since it needs to be done carefully. Dropped off the car in the morning and I collected the car late evening.
j76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
I have a Mar'08 manufactured corolla and I called the customer service. They in turn put me on to the dealer (Ravindu Toyota). They dealership confirmed my car is not a part of this recall. I called up the customer service to reconfirm and they said they do not have information and the dealership has confirmed and they should be right. However, I have asked them to give me in writing that my car is not under recall, I am yet to get that. Meanwhile checked in the Toyota India site. As per them the recall for faulty airbag is for cars manufactured between Jul'03 to Mar'07. Attaching the screenshot for reference. Not sure which information is correct..inputs please.
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I was not aware of this recall, as I bought my Toyota Corolla (pre-owned) in the month of September 2015.

After seeing your post, I sourced the information on Toyota Bharat website and called Nandi Toyota (Kanakapura road, Bangalore) to check whether my car is eligible for the airbag inflator replacement (mine is a July '06 manufactured vehicle).

My first two calls to the customer service in two days went in vain as both of them took all the details from me and said they would get back after verifying with their warranty replacement department. On my third call to the customer service, I made sure that I take the details of the executive who attended me and told her that I would get in touch with her in my follow up call to avoid any repetition of the same process.

As promised, the executive called me back on the same day to confirm that my vehicle is eligible for the replacement . However, she mentioned that the part is currently available at Kudlu gate branch of Nandi Toyota and I can go their for replacement. On insisting on getting it replaced at the Kanakapura road branch, she checked her system and mentioned that the part was unavailable at the Kanakapura branch. But on requesting, she agreed to arrange the part in a day. I took an appointment for 9th January (Saturday) and the replacement was carried out as scheduled without any trouble at the service station.

Regards,
KK
Old 14th January 2016, 17:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi,

My first two calls to the customer service in two days went in vain as both of them took all the details from me and said they would get back after verifying with their warranty replacement department. On my third call to the customer service, I made sure that I take the details of the executive who attended me and told her that I would get in touch with her in my follow up call to avoid any repetition of the same process.
You are right, multiple calls to get this sorted is very appalling from a leading car manufacturer of the world. When I insisted that give me in writing the car is not under recall, they finally acknowledged and took action. Anyhow I gave a very detailed feedback to the service manager when I visited dealership in a 30 mins straight forward no nonsense talk.

Last edited by onesomeone : 14th January 2016 at 17:38.
Old 1st June 2016, 13:13   #13
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I got a call from Lakozy Toyota, Mumbai today saying there is a recall on my 2005 March Toyota Corolla H2 for a faulty passenger side airbag Inflator Kit. They said that the Inflator Kit made by Takata can degrade and not function at the time it has to inflate the airbags.

They said that the recall is only on select models manufactures between 2003 and 2007.

In case anybody has not got a call from the dealer for whatsoever reason (change of ownership) call them up and get your vehicle verified.

DM99

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks