Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:44   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

No parking assist (PLA) even on the top end L&K variant? The side sensors adjacent to the bumper reflectors are missing:

Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2015skodasuperb1.png

It was present on the L&K variant previewed by Rehaan during the launch:

The HU looks like the one on the Anniversary edition of the Octavia which supports MirrorLink. Navigation might be missing.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 13:32   #62
BHPian

I think I just one on temp plates on Sion Panvel Highway. It was a silver car.
Old 12th January 2016, 17:12   #63
BHPian

Just spotted this on Link Road, Santacruz.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-1452598945257.jpg  

driveanddrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:05   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Just spotted this on Link Road, Santacruz.
A friend caught the same Superb earlier in the afternoon. Apparently, its rear bumper had come off after someone rear-ended it at Worli.

Some interesting points shared by the test-driver / engineer:

- Runs nice, better than the old Superb.

- Variant to buy is the diesel, not the petrol.

- Air conditioner appears to be performing well (unlike the older Superb which had a weak a/c).

- Rate of tyre wear is much higher in the new Superb. Tyres are getting worn out at or under 30,000 kms. Car has covered 75,000 kms. Skoda tried different brands, including MRF, but nothing solved the tyre wear problem. Apparently, the car is now running some import brand.

- Brake pad wear is also higher. This car has been through pad changes at the 16,000 - 17,000 kms mark.

- Ground clearance is an issue. When loaded with 4 dummies (as the car was yesterday) weighing ~80 kilos each, the long wheelbase would lead to scraping over tall speed breakers.

- Stance is better than the old Superb. Looks more planted.

- Test driver said this is the "L&K" version. It MIGHT come with a higher state of tune (I doubt it) than the lesser variants.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2016 at 13:10. Reason: Adding clarification
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:09   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- Test driver said this is the "L&K" version. It MIGHT come with a higher state of tune (I doubt it).
Amazing that a Skoda employee TD'ing should share such candid feedback to this extent. I would have expected a little more discretion.

Higher state of tune compared to what? What is the state of tune that is being proposed for the diesel engine at this point?

Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

How much do Superb brake pad's cost? I hope they sort out the tyre & brake pad wear and ground clearance issues before launch. Alternate option is that they can reduce the cost of brake pad's .
Old 13th January 2016, 13:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Higher state of tune compared to what? What is the state of tune that is being proposed for the diesel engine at this point?
Compared to old Superb and/or the Octavia, I guess. Here in Europe the 2.0L diesel Superb comes in 150HP/340NM version and 190HP/400Nm version.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 14:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A friend caught the same Superb earlier in the afternoon. Apparently, its rear bumper had come off after someone rear-ended it at Worli.

- Rate of tyre wear is much higher in the new Superb. Tyres are getting worn out at or under 30,000 kms. Car has covered 75,000 kms. Skoda tried different brands, including MRF, but nothing solved the tyre wear problem. Apparently, the car is now running some import brand.

- Brake pad wear is also higher. This car has been through pad changes at the 16,000 - 17,000 kms mark.

- Ground clearance is an issue. When loaded with 4 dummies (as the car was yesterday) weighing ~80 kilos each, the long wheelbase would lead to scraping over tall speed breakers.

Interesting information. Thanks for sharing.

The designers would surely choose a proper tyre size for the weight and the dynamics of the car. High tyre wear may be because of suspension problems or difficulty in retaining the alignment. So, changing the tyre brand won't help here; remember old Sumo in 1990s.

Let us hope that the Skoda is taking care of this (which the test driver maynot be aware of) and the production cars will not suffer from high tyre wear rate.

Also let us hope that there will not be abnormally fast liner wear. Maybe the test driver has been given certain driving pattern and that caused this. Or maybe the liner on test car may be a test piece. The liner design and manufacture is no big challenge today, let us hope that the production cars will not have this issue.

Quote:
Amazing that a Skoda employee TD'ing should share such candid feedback to this extent. I would have expected a little more discretion.
Agree with you. Am employee is less likely to make statements of any kind. The driver may not be an employee; he may be a contract driver.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 13th January 2016 at 15:00.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 16:11   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Agree with you. Am employee is less likely to make statements of any kind. The driver may not be an employee; he may be a contract driver.
Do you enjoy scoop pictures? 90% of them are internal leaks from employees .

Quote:
Don't quote me on this, but apparently the L&K will have more power (190 BHP). I highly doubt that they'll have two tunes, but will be pleasantly surprised if they actually do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Compared to old Superb and/or the Octavia, I guess. Here in Europe the 2.0L diesel Superb comes in 150HP/340NM version and 190HP/400Nm version.
Yep, these are the two being spoken of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
How much do Superb brake pad's cost? I hope they sort out the tyre & brake pad wear and ground clearance issues before launch.
Quote:
The designers would surely choose a proper tyre size for the weight and the dynamics of the car. High tyre wear may be because of suspension problems or difficulty in retaining the alignment
High-end German cars also suffer from a similar wear & tear rate on their tyres & brake pads due to:

- Weight
- Automatic transmission
- Power
- Usually a softer compound tyre as an owner from this class of car would care more about ride quality, handling & lower tyre noise than a 40,000 kms tyre life.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 20:16   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

2016 Skoda Superb spied tested in Mumbai

Quote:
The model spotted here came equipped with a large 8.0-in touchscreen which was bright, responsive and easy to navigate. The test car was Laurin and Klement’s upmarket trim is top of the line variant. The luxuries on these are bi-xenon headlights, an electronic tailgate, leather heated seats, keyless entry and the even larger 8.0-in touchscreen system.
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2016skodasuperbindiagrille.jpg
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2016skodasuperbindiaheadlamp.jpg
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2016skodasuperbindiataillamp.jpg
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2016skodasuperbindiadashboard.jpg
Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-2016skodasuperbindiabadgeluxry.jpg

http://www.autocolumn.com/2016-skoda...h-price-specs/

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th January 2016 at 20:24.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:20   #71
BHPian

I have been following the series of events on the Skoda Superb on our forum since quite some time now and have been falling in love with it.
I have also been following their YouTube channel quite keenly and today morning got a notification about a new video which showcases their entire history and surprisingly ends showing the new Superb itself. After seeing the video I feel that the launch might be happening very shortly.

Link to the video:

Enjoy!!!
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 07:58   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Superb teased in Skoda India's website.

Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-capture.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd February 2016 at 08:22.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 10:18   #73
BHPian

Did they commit any date for the launch?

Was expecting them to launch it at the auto expo. A bit disappointed by the unusual silence
Old 7th February 2016, 09:00   #74
BHPian

Would like to share another pic of the new Superb, that I spotted while stuck in traffic. Looks pretty smart from the rear three quarters kind of angle. Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454815826.948370.jpg
bobbafett is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 23:54   #75
BHPian

A lil birdy told me that the launch is just around the corner. 23rd Feb 2016.

Guess they have already got a good stock of vehicles - so it won't be as hard a buy as the Octavia
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks