Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:05   #91
BHPian

re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
but this one didn't come with the flippy key. Though there was a "valet key" hidden. but that's about it.

The particular variant was L&K, and that too in petrol. Unfortunately the staff at the dealership was not very sure about the variants that will come at the time of the launch - and surprisingly was kind of sure that the diesel will not see the light of the day for atleast a few months. I always believed that the diesel engine is a bread earner for Skoda, and all their diesel cars bring in more volumes than the petrol ones.
Made very little sense to me that Skoda will first launch the petrol variant and then come up with diesel.

Maybe they might be scared to launch the diesel first considering the pricing that they might have in mind. Petrol would be cheaper by at least a couple of lacs i believe.
The colour they have here is good.
They have absolutely no clue about the pricing. lets wait till tomorrow to see.
The only fear i still have is the service after a friend's horrifying experience at Indore with his brand new octavia.

What do you think of the interior? Miss the wood inserts?
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:04   #92
BHPian

re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
The colour they have here is good.
They have absolutely no clue about the pricing. lets wait till tomorrow to see.
The only fear i still have is the service after a friend's horrifying experience at Indore with his brand new octavia.

What do you think of the interior? Miss the wood inserts?
Well to be honest I can't really complain about the service part as they have been quiet good in the past 6 years of my experience with them. Maybe I was lucky and might have got a "lemon" (lemon in skoda = a car with no flaws). The cooling was horrid - but then they did change the compressor once, that too in goodwill warranty.
other than that I've faced no issues with the service part.

And to be honest - wood inserts would've been good considering there is hardly any differentiator between superb's dash and the octavia's. Also I didn't quiet like the inside door handles of the superb. Looked a bit over designed (maybe like the XUV's front). I personally liked Octavias handles more.

The sunroof they claim is panoramic - but I don't think it extends beyond the front row. Can that be called panoramic? When I tried correcting the sales guy, he very confidently said - sir woh peeche wali is called a moon roof

didn't know how to respond to that - and kept mum.

@vvb8530 : Sorry buddy. Didn't click any pictures of the car for a stupid reason : I didn't want to be a spoil sport and wanted the mystery to remain.

Just one more day to go
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:00   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Link to the launch Webcast on the official site

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/n...h-webcast.aspx
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:29   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Webcast working well but cannot follow due to workplace restrictions. Requesting others to post the prices when announced!
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:05   #95
BANNED

Prices is as follows

1.8 petrol manual Style - ₹ 22.68 lakh
1.8 petrol automatic Style- ₹ 23.91 lakh
1.8 petrol automatic L&K - ₹ 26.89 lakh
2.0 diesel automatic Style - ₹ 26.39 lakh
2.0 diesel automatic L & K - ₹ 29.36 lakh

All prices are Ex-Mumbai
Very good pricing

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd February 2016 at 14:06. Reason: As requested
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:10   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Superb Pricing

Engine Variant Price(Ex-Mumbai)
1.8 TSI Petrol Manual - Style 22.68 lakh
1.8 TSI Petrol Automatic Style 23.91 lakh
2.0-TDI Diesel Automatic Style 26.39 lakh
1.8 TSI Petrol Automatic L&K 26.89 lakh
2.0 TDI Diesel Automatic L&K 29.36 lakh

Source -@ launch
cool so i was pretty close with my guess, except ofcourse for L&K Diesel. That will run close to 38 Lacs OTR in Bangalore.

Interesting to see only a 23k difference between AT and Manual, or probably an error, i would rather peg the AT at 23.91.

My choice would be the 1.8TSI AT, provided i had the money. maybe a second hand one in 3-4 years for around 14-15 lacs

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd February 2016 at 14:07.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Prices is as follows

1.8 petrol manual Style - ₹ 22.68 lakh
1.8 petrol automatic Style- ₹ 23.91 lakh
1.8 petrol automatic L&K - ₹ 26.89 lakh
2.0 diesel automatic Style - ₹ 26.39 lakh
2.0 diesel automatic L & K - ₹ 29.36 lakh

All prices are Ex-Mumbai
Very good pricing
Good pricing in general, but something seems amiss in the 1.8 MT and AT Style. 7DSG for 23K ? Seems too low.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd February 2016 at 14:07.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 13:23   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Good pricing in general, but something seems amiss in the 1.8 MT and AT Style. 7DSG for 23K ? Seems too low.
Yes it should be 23.91L for the tsi AT style and not 22.91.

One more image from Skoda India Twitter handle.

Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-cb4e65ousaazrqe.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:11   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Sucks that Skoda is doing away with a manual . A lot of us like our MTs, and it's also the more reliable choice (compared to the DSG).
There is a Petrol Style Manual? Assume you meant a diesel/fully loaded manual?

Also had thought that the Superb is getting a different 7 Speed DSG. Looking at the Torque limited to 250nM, I assume this is the same DQ200 that does duty in the Polo, Vento, upcoming Ameo, Jetta and Octavia.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Penetrative pricing, just like the Endeavour . Seeing well-priced new cars is such a breath of fresh air. Much cheaper than the Camry which is priced at 29.12 lakhs (petrol) and 32.23 lakhs (hybrid).

The new Superb will take away customers even from segments below & above it.
Right, I was thinking on the same lines.

Quote:
Sucks that Skoda is doing away with a manual . A lot of us like our MTs, and it's also the more reliable choice (compared to the DSG).
You mean for the diesel ? 1.8TSI Style has MT with 320NM torque (as per specs, don't know if this is correct) while 1.8TSI DSG has only 250NM
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:42   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

What does this refer to? Is it a form of paddle shift?

Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!-superbdoubt.jpg
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:51   #102
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Third-gen Skoda Superb spotted testing in India EDIT: Launched at Rs. 22.68 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
What does this refer to? Is it a form of paddle shift?

Yep, paddle shifts. The current Superb and Octavia's anniversary edition shares the same wheel.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks