Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 06:39   #1
BANNED

Skoda's new initiative - Task force to look into individual customer complaints

Skoda had earlier put together some initiatives to improve service quality that included measures like cost transparency through their web site and some other measures at the dealer level. While these helped to some extent, there still existed problems with service quality.

Now, Skoda India is going ahead with more steps and is putting together a special task force to improve service quality.

The new initiative however is more customer centric in that the task force will look into individual complaints from customers, get to the root cause of the problem and resolve the issue. This looks like something that should appeal to most customers.

Lets hope that with this, Skoda gets on par with the rest in the area of service quality.

Source: Autocar India

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2015 at 17:43. Reason: Adding link :)
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 21:30   #2
BANNED

Re: Skoda's new initiative - Task force to look into individual customer complaints

Skoda needs to look at creating trust among the buyers.
There is no doubt about the quality of their product but it ridiculous to see that:-

1. Their spares and service, spl for the older Fabia, cost an arm and a leg.
2. Their Service centre staff have a 'nose in the air' attitude.

I took my brother's Fabia 1.4 tdi to the Chennai Skoda Svc. The rather uninterested and 'superior' looking tech advisor gave the car a brutal twirl around the building, took one glance at the odo and gave me his verdict ; the car is due for 60,000 km service. Clutch, timing belt, brakes, rotors are mandatory changes. The minimum estimate he said coolly, was Rs 1,02,000. MINIMUM !!!

By the time I recovered from his broadside, he had walked away, patting his hair back into place.

This work on a Fiesta, a sedan, costs below 40 k.

If Skoda cant support its customers with reasonably priced parts and service, they shouldnt be in business at all.
fiestarry is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 22:18   #3
BHPian

Re: Skoda's new initiative - Task force to look into individual customer complaints

Despite Skoda being superior to VW, even Audi with respect to space, rear bench comfort and (equipment ?) prospective buyers dread to go Skoda way mainly because of their poor serviceability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Lets hope that with this, Skoda gets on par with the rest in the area of service quality.
When it comes to after sales service, the main players in the VAG group (VW, Audi, Skoda) seems to be competing among each other for the bottom slot.

I hope all these changes with such initiatives.
super.cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 22:34   #4
BHPian

I guess it's time people start learning a lot of mechanical servicing just like in other countries (and not rely on the dealer for everything) especially if the car is out of warranty.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

They're merely institutionalising an informal process that already exists - following up with the Regional SAIPL Service Head normally gets things done when the dealer acts like an a.s.s.

The RMs intervene on behalf of the customers today, but you need to find them. Hopefully this formal process will make it simpler.

From my experience, the manufacturer seems to have bonafide intentions but are crippled by their own internal red-tape which seems humungous. Individual dealers however may not share such good intentions, though what's truly mind-boggling is how a manufacturer can so consistently select the worst dealers across the country.

I don't think this initiative will make problems go away for Skoda immediately, though coming after the price transparency initiative it does seem like there is some sort of program to improve things.

Its going to be a long-ish haul for them, but in the meanwhile their products should help shore up the goodwill while they fix the messed-up service side.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 06:44   #6
BHPian

The competence of their A.S.S. needs to improve but the customer service in Pinnacle Skoda at my place is good and it is worth mentioning. They do take care of the customer (from my experience) and workmanship & facility is good too. Technical knowledge wise, they need to improve as they had no clue of haldex coupling oil renewal when inquired about. But no complaints on customer service and hospitality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Why not... give owners manuals to consumer
If you meant workshop manual, it is available for download. Anyone can get it officially, just that it's not free. You can get the complete workshop manual for your car with your cars VIN no. and that is how I got it.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 15th July 2015 at 06:49. Reason: Added quote.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 12:26   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
By the time I recovered from his broadside, he had walked away, patting his hair back into place.

The problem with the Fabia was that it was never heavily localised. That's why its parts are expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
I guess it's time people start learning a lot of mechanical servicing just like in other countries (and not rely on the dealer for everything) especially if the car is out of warranty.
I disagree - an owner shouldn't be expected to gain mechanical skills just because he's buying a certain brand. Labour is so cheap in India anyway. Once out of warranty, find yourself a good independent garage.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 13:38   #8
VKM
BHPian

I've been a skoda customer for the past 7-8 years and have seen a good deal of improvement in service at least here in Chennai. if only skoda had as efficient a service as Toyota, they would have given Toyota/Honda a run for their money in some of the segments IMHO.
VKM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 19:37   #9
BHPian

What's this task force? Sounds more like a damage control PR initiative to regain lost trust among its past customers?

IMHO what they need is not just honest workshops and competent staff, but easily accessible & cheaper spare parts which are less prone to failure. Especially the more expensive components on flagship models like laura and superb that are known to fail - the flywheel of their auto boxes, A/c Compressors etc. If they can sort out these, then they wont need a special task force.
Old 15th July 2015, 20:07   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The title of the thread cheered me no end, till I came across this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The new initiative however is more customer centric in that the task force will look into individual complaints from customers, get to the root cause of the problem and resolve the issue.
This is the bare minimum they should be doing anyway

If every single complaint is not looked into and a "personalised" solution not found, what exactly is their service network measured on?

Personally it sounds like PR-driven hogwash to me. It's one thing saying- this task force will look seriously into every complaint not resolved by ASS within xyz timeframe. But putting a blanket statement that they will into individual complaints from customers seems a bit disingenuous to me. For starters how will the customer even know about this option? The dealer for sure isn't going to tell him!

Sibling VW has an escalation point in VW CRM which centrally and independently follows up on each and every service appointment for feedback and corrective action. I think most of the reputable carmakers have this system in place anyway these days. Skoda should just ensure that works, rather than make grandiose promises they can't deliver on!
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:29   #11
BANNED

An excellent idea. However, any degree of ham handedness can do more harm than good. This will have to be handled 'just right'. Somehow they will have go go beyond the standard approach of forwarding any complaint to the ASS.
Old 16th July 2015, 11:10   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out only to be an extra phone call after the scheduled services.

Hope they get the system put out properly.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 11:12   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The problem with the Fabia was that it was never heavily localised. That's why its parts are expensive.
Bang on!!! I can give a couple of examples too.

My Fabia's Left Fog lamp bulb went kaput a couple of times(in few minutes of replacing the bulb that costs ~ INR650/- ) and upon forcing the SA to root cause, I was told to replace the Fog Lamp Assembly that costs INR3700/-. It's been 6 months and my Fabia can only wink with just one fog lamp.

Secondly, not sure when but I lost the Tire removal wrench from the Tool kit. When i checked at Skoda if I can get one from Store, surprisingly they did say Yes and can you expect the price of it??? A wrench worth INR1700/- to change your tyre. The reason for high cost being an Imported part from Poland.
It was really surprising to see such a small part being imported when the same part is being shared by a Polo in India.

It's just a drop in the ocean and I'm sure people have many more stories to share. And sadly they don't even resolve the issues we report. If not for the rides they build, Skoda would have closed shop in India long ago.
21Archer84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 00:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
If you meant workshop manual, it is available for download. Anyone can get it officially, just that it's not free. You can get the complete workshop manual for your car with your cars VIN no. and that is how I got it.
Available for download from?

As far as getting it officially is concerned, I was told that they cannot provide me with a copy. If the situation is different at your place, I would make a request to you to arrange one for me also.
Old 17th July 2015, 03:05   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Its like ill treating a normal patient and putting him in coma & then suddenly the doctors realise it's late, so to pull things back they put him in a ventilator! Now the chances of survival of the patient is equal to the chances of Skoda regaining the market share!

Rather than giving the customers a chance to complain they should try to resolve things at the very beginning itself.
Firstly they should lower there ridiculous service and spare parts costs and get out off there fake snob value and deal every customer with there due respect.

Last edited by Samba : 17th July 2015 at 03:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks