Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 17:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda to increase exports. Targets 3 lakh domestic sales

Honda is looking to substantially increase exports from India in the years to come. The Japanese carmaker exported automobile components worth Rs. 420 crores in 2013-14, 722 crores in 2014-15 and is now targeting Rs. 1,100 crores in the current fiscal. This will be achieved by adding more export destinations to its existing list.

Presently, Honda ships engine parts, forgings and transmissions, among others to Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, UK, Brazil and Mexico. Soon US, China and Canada will be added to the list. These components are manufactured at its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan.

India is Honda's fourth largest market after US, China and Japan. The company is targeting a domestic sale of three lakh vehicles annually by 2017.

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 10:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda to increase exports. Targets 3 lakh domestic sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
India is Honda's fourth largest market after US, China and Japan. The company is targeting a domestic sale of three lakh vehicles annually by 2017.

Link to news article
Too optimistic i guess. 3 lacs per year means, consistent 25 K per month which seems difficult. There 3 main products like Brio, Mobilio and Amaze already striggling in market. Amaze brings some volume but it is inconsistent and after Jazz launch, i am sure it will reduce only. Brio is already dead rubber and cant even average 1 K average sales. Mobilio is already struggling against Ertiga and will not sell more than 1.5 K average. City doing very good but will settle to 6-7 K per month only. Jazz is new & looking at the response, i dont think it will do more than 3-4 K per month. That also in initial month, not sure if it will succeed in long run or not. Considering all this, 25 K per month looks impossible to me unless they launch something really new in the market.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:59   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda to increase exports. Targets 3 lakh domestic sales

Mod note: Posts moved to a new thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks