Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 21:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai cuts features on Elite i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post

Just look at Ford, I appreciate and respect that they are giving safety features standard on all variants of the Aspire. It conveys that the brand cares for its consumers and this builds long term loyalty.

Thumbs down to Hyundai for this short term thinking.
Agreed but would you buy a Ford? Ok, may be you would but would others do? I don't think so. In spite of all this people will still flock to Hyundai showrooms. Hyundai knows this and that is why they do this since they can get away with it. Teambhpians, who pore over finer details and who study every aspect of a car, are in extreme minority. Most people just close their eyes and head to nearest Maruti, Hyundai or Honda showroom.
pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 09:41   #17
BHPian

Ridiculous move. Even then I'm sure hyundai must have trained its service personnel to handle queries regarding the omission of these features :-

1) Only one 12V power outlet instead of two - "Sir this will preserve battery life sir. Great feature."

2) No leather wrapped steering - "Sir this will preserve cows sir. Hyundai is committed to the environment."

3) Only one key instead of two - "Sir two keys might get lost and then someone can steal your i20. This is anti-theft feature."

"We are giving you all this at the same price. How amazing is that?"
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 10:16   #18
BHPian

Looks like cutting features has become a habit for Hyundai. They did the same with Verna too when it was selling well.

IMO this is taking undue advantage of the product being successful. So they think if Elite i20 is in such high demand, they can cut features like this and still people will have to buy it as they want one.

If Hyundai is so greedy to increase their margins, they should not do such cheap tactics. Instead they could have launched the product with less features at the first place.

At the same time I feel the prospective customers should hold their decision that could reflect on Hyundai's sales chart to teach them lesson.
ajnagpur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 10:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Hyundai has made some features changes on all trims of the i20; prices remain unchanged.

As part of the changes, all trims of the i20 now get different seat upholstery and no longer get a ticket holder. The base i20 Era over and above the above change misses out on a passenger vanity mirror as well. The Magna trim gets no additional changes.
Sportz : No leather wrapped steering and gearknob, boot lamp and driver window auto up function and only one folding key instead of the earlier two. The Sportz (O) : No leather wrapped steering and gearknob as well.
Asta: One 12V power outlet in place of the two outlets it offered earlier.

Source : Autocar India
This is called Arrogance, no other word for that. Now Elite i20 is a big market hit, they are doing such cheap things. Not sure what is the point in deleting these features. Don't think they will save much on that. Actually people have given them such a tremendous response, they should provide some additional features for no additional costs. Elite i20 is not a cheap car, they are already charging prmium for that, so such tactics are really bad on their part
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 20:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

One might think how much do they actually save by skimping on these features. For Instance a remote Key fob costs between 2,500-3,000 bucks to purchase. So you see , they not only save cash , but when you purchase the second Fob they get extra cash as well. Hyundai is getting pretty greedy I guess.
Old 18th July 2015, 00:29   #21
BHPian

How could one have known all these underground gimmicks were it not for Team BHP. Hats off to the watchful eyes of the Team without which even a well informed buyer could have been fleeced by the manufacturer. Sad to see companies like Hyundai ( who have their business well-footed in our soil) revert to such anti-customer tactics while even the desperate manufacturers (read Fiat) are offering more and more value for money. A demanding customer can forgive even a small price hike , but never stripping of important nuances in the dark of night like this.
Old 18th July 2015, 00:40   #22
BHPian

This move is completely unfair. First off, you price the car at a good premium and then, cut down/delete features too.

People who say Ford is better, shall we go back couple of years and remember how Ford cut down the features from Ecosport?

I guess it's Maruti which did not resort to such unfair practices, when they were selling tons on Swifts every month.
Old 18th July 2015, 07:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

For all the bean counters who get pleasure in counting pennies. If your organisation salary bill is say 1200 crores per annum, or 100 crore a month, cut all employee pay by 1 day and save 3 crores. Cut a months pay and save 100 crores...effective savings no??
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:15   #24
BHPian

When prospective buyers are anticipating touchscreen-based infotainment system as new addition, Hyundai ended up trimming few handy features with price untouched, such a cruel joke. I always admired the way this Korean company has become #2 in this country but with Creta launch price and now with these developments Hyundai attitude towards customer seems to be changing. I mean charging premium for a premium product is one thing but removing features with unchanged prices As pointed out rightly by a fellow BHPian only one word comes to mind GREED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks