Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 11:09   #1
Team-BHP Support

June 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

NOTES:

1: Thanks to the team at Management Punditz for sharing these sales numbers with us!

2: Only cars that sell 500+ units (and thus, the relevant ones) have been included in the gainers & losers chart.

3. These manufacturer-reported sales numbers are factory dispatches to dealerships. They are NOT retail sales figures to end customers.
Aditya is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: June 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2015 at 11:16.
Aditya is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Aditya is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene!
Old 17th July 2015, 11:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Finally Dzire overtakes Alto. No matter how many sub 4m sedans are introduced, Dzire seems to go from strength to strength.

From another thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Maruti Dzire Tour Sales:

2893 in June 2015.
3190 in May 2015.
1826 in April 2015.
Does the Dzire number include this as well?

On a whole the segments A & B1 are loosing share to B2 & C1.

Celerio at 8.08k is mostly due to the diesel shipments? Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to this new engine.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2015 at 12:33. Reason: Adding romeomidhun's post which has more accurate numbers :)
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:38   #7
BHPian

Wow! Alto in 2nd spot. Am I dreaming? *pinches self*

Anyway, is this an indication of the Indian buyer finally waking up to better, quality products, not being merely satisfied with whatever manufacturers throw at him? As an example, B2 is consistently the largest segment for quite some time now. Looks like even the first time buyer is aspiring for the best!
Old 17th July 2015, 11:42   #8
BHPian

Thanks for the most awaited thread of the month.

Do we know how Celerio Petrol Vs Diesel performed ?

I don't really get how a boring car like Dzire which is not exactly cheap gets to outsell all the other cars.. mind boggling.

I love my Chevy Beat diesel but sad to say I have really no hopes for Chevrolet
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent report, and much-awaited for this month too!

Great to see Hyundai roll out Creta shipments to the dealers much before it's July 21st launch. By launch-time, most dealers across India should be well-stocked for deliveries for all the early bookings. Now the most eagerly awaited moment is when they unveil the pricing!

The Ford Fiesta's numbers have really dwindled down. Amidst reports that the current Fiesta's production has been stopped, one can only speculate if the fledging brand is going to get another shot in the arm with the introduction of the petrol variants and the much-anticipated DCT Automatic. Most of the production floor seems to have been taken up by the Figo Aspire sedan, it seems.

Honda's Jazz shipments look healthy for it's introduction month. Whether it will sustain these numbers now that everyone has had a close look at it, remains to be seen. CVT bookings seem to be the most.

The Nissan Sunny has literally rolled down the buyers' slope! What is Nissan thinking about revamping the Sunny's sales, I wonder. For a VFM proposition in the C2-segment, it has really fallen down. No doubt, Nissan's pathetic and smaller After Sales' Service is the major contributor here.

Renault must be feeling the heat from the Creta & the S-Cross, with the overpriced Duster's sales falling month-after-month. The EcoSport still has a saving grace of a starting price below 7 lakhs (although it is also overpriced by at least 1.5 lakhs, if not more), and that is reflecting in it's consistent sales numbers.

Good to see the Volkswagen Polo make an impact and show itself strongly in monthly sales. It's an excellent driver-oriented car, and needs more attention than it usually gets. Hope Volkswagen takes note of this and keeps it's Polo promotions healthy, in the days to come.

GM, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Skoda - where are you? We need a magnifying glass to find you! One-trick ponies can't be long-term sustenance. How long do they feel that they can bank upon Beat, Punto, Rapid & Pajero to keep the oxygen going for their Indian ventilator machines?!

With the S-Cross, Figo Aspire, Creta, Figo hatch, Kite twins all lined up for launches ahead, the figures will be very interesting to follow all through the festive season ahead.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th July 2015 at 12:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:00   #10

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2015 at 16:23.
KartJ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2015, 12:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

In the compact sedan segment Amaze continues its roller coaster ride - adjustments in production lines, perhaps? Dzire is the undisputed king, while Xcent is settling at 4k-5K levels and Zest at 1800 levels.

One of those 4999 Xcents was our car

Ciaz sees a rather sharp drop in its numbers, hoping it is temporary!

Bolt, IMHO can safely be termed as a dud now. There seems to be no hope for it. I have seen hardly a couple of Bolts on the road till date!
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Interesting time for buyers well before the festive season, with launch of small SUVs and Premium Hatchbacks, it seems to be good time for small car buyers and players like Maruti, Honda and Hyundai are going to gain from it.

With new addition from Ford, the competition will further increase and the winners will shine out. Quite healthy for the market both in terms of quality stuff from sellers as well as options for buyers.

Cross - sales are bound to happen and the players non-serious about Indian business will go below radar / horizon. Its better if these companies seriously consider their revival plan or pack bags !

People say that TML is not doing enough to increase sales / for their comeback in the market; my take is that they are and that is the reason why their cars are moving off shelves, else with just Indica + Indigo + Manza, there would have been nothing to talk about them, now atleast Bolt and Zest are good options for buyers to look at before making a final decision to buy and I am confident that TML is generally able to give VFM, they have to turn tables at Dealership and ASS. They will be back in among top 10 / top 5 manufacturers.

Last edited by i74js : 17th July 2015 at 12:34.
i74js is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:30   #13
BHPian

• Dzire overthrows Alto as the new King of indian Autos.
  • Sharp drop in Ciaz, probably due to the anticipation for S-Cross and Creta
  • The "failed car" Ritz still sells more than Brio, Micra or Bolt.
  • I wonder what caused the sudden surge in sales of Amaze
  • Duster gained this month, probably due to huge discounts they are offering.
  • Celerio has fallen into the right track with AMT and Diesel options. I expect it to replace Alto/Dzire as the King soon.
jvk84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Amaze is having an amazing month after three quiet ones. City and Amaze are Honda's mainstay, with the Mobilio adding some numbers.

Sad to see Tata's effort with the Bolt and Zest not paying off. Bolt being overpriced (relatively, when compared to the Zest's prices) is having a horrible time. Both together selling less than the old Indica+Vista. The Zest certainly deserves people's money, it is that good.

Fiat, why on earth has Fiat persisted with just two cars for the last six years? They seriously need to get some more models in, and start manufacturing the 1.6 diesel in India.

Surprising to see the drop in Ciaz's numbers. It is a very competent and fairly good looking car. Maybe people shopping in that price range feel the engines let it down, and are moving to the feature-rich Honda? Would like to see the variant-wise break up of the City's sales.

Hyundai has shipped a conservative number of Creta's to their dealers. Is that an indication of how many they expect to sell, and hence how they intend to price it? I would love (read wish) it if they price the top-end diesel at under 13L ex-showroom, because that will really shake up everything from the Ecosport all the way up to the XUV.

Skoda should match and exceed the Vento with features in the Rapid, and soon. They also wish they introduce the new Fabia, with all of the premium hatches in the market today, that would be a good car to buy - no compromise on engines, features, and quality.

Last edited by VeluM : 17th July 2015 at 12:57.
VeluM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:58   #15
BHPian

As the popular bollywood number from 90s says Der lagi aane main tumko, shukar hai phir bhi aaye toh (pause) Aayiae aapka intzaar tha

What has happened to Bolero? I don't remember such drastic fall in Bolero numbers ever before. In the past few months or may be a year it has slipped from number 4 to all time low number 10.

And Tata Nano, 1700 isn't what Tata would have been expecting. I bought one last month and I find it notch better than its competition if not more. It surely deserves better sales. Good luck Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks