Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Extended Warranty details of Fiat Adventure/Palio - Available here

Dear All,
I got my extended warranty booklet today by paying 4,600/- extra. This is available for all Fiat cars bought March 2006 onwards (I am not sure if this is applicable for Petra, but I guess it must be). For the benifit of the readers,please note the following details which are covered under extended warranty.

Claim Procedure
1. The car needs to be taken to the dealer and proof to be submitted that the vehicle has been serviced on time and properly. You can submit the service invoices
2. The dealer will give the amount which is going to cost for the repair. This will be approved by the company and then the work will be carried out. (Just like claiming insurance)
Parts Covered
Engine: All parts including cylinder block & all bearings, cylinder head, head gasket, oil pump and drive, crankshaft, flywheel and ring gear,timing gear,camshaft,cal follower, valves (excluding burnt and pitted valves), valve gear, pistons, connecting rod,gudgeon pin,inlet and exhaust manifolds, turbo, intercooler units where factory fitted.
Clutch: Clutch pressure plate,clutch disc,release bearing,master and slave cylinder. (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches are not covered)
Transmission: Internal gears, shafts, syncromesh rings and hub,bushes,selector forks,gear lever, bearing and bushes. (Failure due to worn or burnt clutches are not covered)
Coolant : Radiator, water pump, reservoir, thermostat, engine oil coller. (Failure due to external damage or corroison is not covered)
Steering system: Rack and pinion, steering box, column, shaft bearing, couplings, power steering pumps, pressure pipes, reservoir
Front wheel drive : Drve shaft and coupling, constant velocity joints, hub, drive flange
Fuel System : Fuel pump,injectors, throttle body with all sensors and actuators, fuel tank and cap, fule rail, fuel vapour purge valve, canisters, fuel pipes, vapour release valve.
Brake System : Servo master cylinder, wheel cylinder, diesel vacuum pump, cliper, disks (excluding brake pads/liners), drums, handbrake lever and ratchet
Suspension : Shock absorbers (excluding fluid leakage)bush/mechanical failures, control arms, upper and lower woshbones, spring. Strut mounting bearing (Any claim valid upto 35,000kms) beyond which it is to be treated as wear and tear
Casings : Should failure of any of the components covered result in damage to the casing, then they will also be covered and will constitute part of the maximum claim liability
As for such parts as tyre,batteries, music system, not manufactured by FIAT, this warranty shall not apply.
This warranty shall not cover normal wear and tear or any inherent normal deterioration of the car or any of its part arising from the actual usage of the car of any damage due to negligient or improper operation or storage of the car. This warranty shall not apply to normal maintanance services vix oils & fluid changes, head lamps focusing, fastner tightening, wheel balancing, tyre rotation,adjustment of valve clearance,fuel timing,ignition timing and consumables like bulbs, fuel filters and oil filters
Petrol Engine
Exhaust System
EGR valve, EGR actuation system
Ignition System
Ignition coil, Ignition switch
Engine Management System
Water temprature sensor, Crank Angle sensor, Vehicle Speed Sensor, ECU, absolute pressure sensor, Lamba sensor, knock sensor, cam phase sensor
Diesel Engine
Exhaust System
EGR valve, EGR actuation system
Intake System
Air Intake, Air temprature sensor
Fuel System
Assembly fuel injection pump, Assembly injector
Cold Start System
Glow plug, Glow plug timer
Engine Management System
Crank angle sensor, Vehicle spped sensor, water temprature sensor, Some parts pertaining to emission warranty are incorporated in the mechanical breakdown cover. All sensors and actuators
Elctrical Systems
Starter motor and solenoid, alternator, coil, wiper and washer motor, window motors, fan motors, switches and instruments cluster
Air Conditioning (All models)
Compressor, condensor, evaporator and clutch magnet, blower motors, A/C thermostat (Exclusions : Hoses and pipes drive belts etc. and routine recharging and refigerant)
Old 9th September 2006, 05:25   #2
BANNED

For how many years is this warranty valid ?

Which car are you using ?

It would have been better if you've formatted this bulky text.....
Old 10th September 2006, 13:44   #3
BHPian

Hello, I use a Fiat Adventure. I have given the complete details of the extended warranty as mentioned in the booklet. Hence, I did not format it. The warranty is valid for 2 years (1 year basic warranty while purchasing the car + 2 more years of extended warranty). The details mentioned above are for the extra 2 years extended warranty.
Old 11th September 2006, 14:12   #4
BHPian

Mithun..
Be thank full for somebody taking the trouble to give all the details and informaiton.

Omar, I appreciate it. Its a valuable information for all the fiat owners

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks