Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 15:57   #1
Team-BHP Support

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)

Isuzu has released a teaser of a new variant of its MU-7 SUV. The teaser suggests that the new variant will have an automatic gearbox.

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-isuzu.jpg

In India, the MU-7 is available with a 2,999 cc, 4-cylinder diesel engine that develops 161 PS and 360 Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. In other markets, the SUV comes with an automatic transmission.

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-mu7.jpg

The MU-7's rivals in India, including the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Ford Endeavour, are offered with automatic transmissions. The addition of an automatic gearbox will help the MU-7's cause. The company could also think of introducing a four-wheel drive version to broaden the SUV's appeal.

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-mu7a.jpg

The MU-7 is assembled from CKD kits imported from Thailand at the Hindustan Motors plant in Thiruvallur, near Chennai. Isuzu will begin manufacturing the SUV at a new plant at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, by 2016.
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:30   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)

It's an 11 year old SUV whose successor - the MU-X - is already out internationally. At 30 lakh rupees on the road Mumbai, you got to be kidding. Lets not forget that its pickup sibling was launched at 6 lakhs.

Leave aside an automatic gearbox, even if they give a chauffeur-service free with the MU-7, it's not going anywhere. Selling such outdated, overpriced cars only kills the brand.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2015 at 19:00.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Selling such outdated, overpriced cars only kills the brand.
I think one only kills those who are alive. Can someone kill something that is already dead.
vasudeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 18:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nobody paid attention to this car, nobody will. No doubt Isuzu is trying to woo customers with an AT, but no way it's getting any sales boost.

With no dealers, no marketing and an old product, it's just a flop from Isuzu. Let them do what they are good at-just sell engines to buses/trucks.
Old 21st July 2015, 19:00   #5
BHPian

Darn it! They have such big hopes! kudos to them!
I am just wondering, what if they launch D-max dual cab with AT?
At a tempting price?
Like under 10 lacs!
How tempting would be that?
RavSam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 22:43   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think GTO just banged the nail right on the head. I am wondering why they even bother to sell the MU7 that too only in 2WD guise priced higher than the Fortuner or the Pajero sport.

I wish them luck anyway..
Old 21st July 2015, 22:59   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Outdated product, zero brand value, high pricing, ladder frame chassis truck with no 4x4 option... Isuzu please don't bother with MU-7, the competition anyways is getting tough soon with new Fortuner and Endeavour. Even Mahindra could not sell the lacklustre Rexton, despite sensible pricing and large dealer network.

Instead give us the no nonsense D-Max 4x4, the niche segment will find many takers.
Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-chevroletdmax30ltdi4x401.jpg

Pic Source
.anshuman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 23:34   #8
BANNED

I suspect Isuzu is getting some financial support from Toyota for these kind of help offered. Do these morons really understand what they are up to? With the imminent arrival of Fortuner and Endeavour, Isuzu can shorten the MU-7's agony. Sometimes I feel jealous that people with weird ideas get fat pay checks for doing stupid things.
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:23   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Segment leader - The Toyota Fortuner - charges a 1 lakh premium for the Automatic (over the manual).

The dimwits at Isuzu? A whopping 2.5 lakhs . Skoda gives you the DSG for a smaller premium than that (in the Octavia & Superb). Is the MU-7's Automatic Gearbox made of gold?

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-capture.jpg
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:37   #10

Re: Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)

Quote:
It's an 11 year old SUV whose successor - the MU-X - is already out internationally. At 30 lakh rupees on the road Mumbai, you got to be kidding. Lets not forget that its pickup sibling was launched at 6 lakhs.

Leave aside an automatic gearbox, even if they give a chauffeur-service free with the MU-7, it's not going anywhere. Selling such outdated, overpriced cars only kills the brand.
So true! I guess that is the reason for the poor sales, I haven't spotted any of these in MP, in Pune also I noticed only one MU-7. I am sure with the images of next gen Fortuner and Endeavour already circulating, unless Isuzu does something drastic, their future in India looks bleak!
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu has launched the MU-7 is its automatic avatar at a price of Rs. 23.90 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. This puts the automatic at a price premium of Rs. 2.5 lakh over the 5-speed manual variant of the MU-7.

On the inside, the vehicle offers features like a beige / black dual-tone dashboard, a new 3-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls, a Kenwood 6015 BT infotainment system with satellite navigation, rear parking sensors and a rear view camera which is synchronized with the touch screen display.

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-mu7-front-image.png

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-interiordashboardandatpanoramicview.jpg

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-audiocontrolsmounted3spokesteeringwheel.jpg

Isuzu launches MU-7 with automatic gearbox (2.5 lakh rupee premium)-thenewatwithglossylacquarwoodtrim.jpg
Tushar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:31   #12
BHPian

Why do they even bother offering this here.

Get me the twin cab Dmax truck and I am a buyer.

Even the sales guy at ludhiana knew that new model Mu-X is available abroad. But he also conceded that they would sell whatever is being given by Isuzu.

However. I have driven the DMax truck about 3-4 times now. The way that truck accelerates (with wider tires) is unbelievable.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:40   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Segment leader - The Toyota Fortuner - charges a 1 lakh premium for the Automatic (over the manual).
The dimwits at Isuzu? A whopping 2.5 lakhs .
Fortuner gives you a 5 Speed automatic for 1 Lakh more and with Isuzu you get a 4 Speed Antic unit for 2.5 Lakhs more.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2015 at 15:11. Reason: Fixing quote
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's an 11 year old SUV whose successor - the MU-X - is already out internationally.
MU-X is much smaller than this. It is a segment below, at the very least - features a smaller engine too.

Drove one here - Isuzu is so stupid that it only sells the diesel engined version in a market where diesel price is almost 5x the petrol price.

That said, its a really nice vehicle. I've become a fan of Isuzu lately - my 15 year old truck drives rattle-free and feels more solid & better put together than many of the 'new' SUVs in the market today. Besides going everywhere the newer and allegedly more powerful vehicles go, too.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd July 2015 at 17:47.
Steeroid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:51   #15
BHPian

The MUX is basically a little re-engineered Chevrolet Trailblazer. Or the trailblazer is a slightly re-engineered MUX. These cars share the same platform
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks