Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:11   #61
BANNED

Re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

I think TATA should rope in some commenters on this thread and decide about marketing strategy. Most don't buy cars because some celebrity is endorsing it, but won't they give a second look at the same car if endorsed by a celebrity? Of course, they would. The above teaser ad with Messi has caught my attention, that I'm curious to see how Kite would look. I want to see and feel the car, more than the Baleno! I don't know whether Kite would become a success or not, but the first ad is a commendable effort. If some people feel Messi is a nobody, well the rocks under which people live are too big! I think we are belittling the honest efforts by TATA.One thing is for sure, TATA ain't going down without a fight.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Here is the first #madeofgreat commercial featuring Messi!

"What drives us from within is what makes us great"

You can also see glimpse of new Kite in the video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I think TATA should rope in some commenters on this thread and decide about marketing strategy. Most don't buy cars because some celebrity is endorsing it, but won't they give a second look at the same car if endorsed by a celebrity? Of course, they would. The above teaser ad with Messi has caught my attention, that I'm curious to see how Kite would look. I want to see and feel the car, more than the Baleno! I don't know whether Kite would become a success or not, but the first ad is a commendable effort. If some people feel Messi is a nobody, well the rocks under which people live are too big! I think we are belittling the honest efforts by TATA.One thing is for sure, TATA ain't going down without a fight.
+1 to your view point. It's great to see that TATA motors, even though criticised by 99% people for all they do are still trying it's best for a come back. It may take them another 5 years of efforts. But its a great feeling that they are at least trying to improve. Some manufacturers are still enjoying sort of monopoly for decades and continue with the same filmsy quality because they sell. I have used an indigo for 1.5 lakhs km, a manza for 1.5 lakh kms and actually was happy with both. Sure the lack in terms of refinement. Every manufacturer lacks. But they are trying to improve at a very fast pace. Now the branding whats bad in appointing a foreign origin footballer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 09:46. Reason: Removed unwanted spacing.
shravan2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 07:09   #63
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

And the AD goes live.
http://bit.ly/TataMotorsTVC

I love somehow like the new Tata Kite shown partially in the TVC
Old 4th November 2015, 08:56   #64
BHPian

Wow, the ad is awesome. It really makes me feel proud that an Indian company has signed up a global icon who is the epitome of his sport (if not all sport). Great going Tata. If this move can't help build it's brand, nothing else can. Now, they should back this up with stellar sales and after sales experience.
Old 4th November 2015, 10:42   #65
BHPian

A super move by tata -

The reason I say super -

They have launched a couple of excellent products - zest/bolt(Though the pricing bought disaster for bolt) but even after a year there are a few people apart from us enthusiasts who knows what zest/bolt is, let alone taking a test drive and experiencing it.
This ad + publicity would definitely bring the new line of products to notice specially to the new generation.

Other than this they have started checking out the right boxes from zest launch

1. Great all rounded product -
2. VFM pricing -
3. Improve ASS - They are definitely improving, and have a lots of ground to cover yet - but moving in correct direction
4. Niggle free product - 1 year of ownership 8000 kms and the car drives like it drove out of showroom, am also a member of FB group and
whatsapp group of zest owners and complaints about the the product are very low in number for this one year at least.

So They need to change the perception and get people to showroom and from their the dealership end provide a delightful experience.

If the Ad helps to do the first bit what's wrong in that?

Also regarding India being a cricket crazy nation and not knowing who Messi is -

As far as my circle goes the new generation is equally interested in football as they are in cricket and they do follow EPL/La liga regularly + for people who are not that interested in football - the football world cup has just finished, so people do know Messi (I can vouch for that in West Bengal as every Bengali here watches football and most of them supports Latin american playing style ie, Brazil and Argentina )

The point I don't get from this discussion is - why some people started bashing TML just because they singed up a major football star! If they can afford him let them get him. And also clueless how do they see this signing would effect their manufacturing unit/ ASS?

Another probability to keep in mind as many before has pointed- probably they would be going global some time soon which also makes this tie up a lot more VFM for them. And if they are going global they would be producing more better quality products right from safety aspects to the ride quality and infotainment levels by which us Indians will be benefited. Let's at least wait for the next launches and test drives of the new generation TML car's and then bash them if they fall short. (Till date no enthusiast who checked out my zest could say that it's a bad product rather they were surprised and super delighted.)
Prithwitheraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Cricket vs Football - All I can say is, if Messi contest in an Assembly/Parliament election in Kerala he will win by huge margin.

+

Indus Motors is the number 1 Maruti dealer in India 7-8 years in a row, and they alone sell around 40000 Maruti cars per year in Kerala. That is more than the annual country sales of some OEMs. Let me see if Messi can dent these numbers at least in Kerala.

Last edited by Latheesh : 4th November 2015 at 11:06.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:09   #67
BHPian

Messi or not, I do like the bits of Kite they are showing in the ad. Best wishes to Tata. Hope this will be their game changer.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:09   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
Till date no enthusiast who checked out my zest could say that it's a bad product rather they were surprised and super delighted.)
Couldn't agree with you more on this statement.
People should experience and TD the Zest before just writing off Tata Motors and their recent efforts.

In another thread related to 'best riding cars', Zest figured among one of the best to be driven around in bad road conditions as seen in Bangalore!
The car returns amazing FE as well!
Posting on behalf of a fellow Zest owner in our Whatsapp group who achieved a superlative FE of 30 kmpl for 250 kms drive in his Zest Diesel.

Well, as we all speak, the stock of Tata Motors has leaped 5% +, indicative of an acceptance that the company might perform better.

And someone said, Tata says 'Desh ka Namak' and has signed a foreign star for their endorsement: Tata has signed an international sports star. But, will continue to remit all its earnings to India unlike others!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced-1446615366852.jpg  

balajisv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithwitheraj View Post
A super move by tata -

The reason I say super -

They have launched a couple of excellent products - zest/bolt(Though the pricing bought disaster for bolt) but even after a year there are a few people apart from us enthusiasts who knows what zest/bolt is, let alone taking a test drive and experiencing it.
This ad + publicity would definitely bring the new line of products to notice specially to the new generation.

Other than this they have started checking out the right boxes from zest launch

1. Great all rounded product -
2. VFM pricing -
3. Improve ASS - They are definitely improving, and have a lots of ground to cover yet - but moving in correct direction
4. Niggle free product - 1 year of ownership 8000 kms and the car drives like it drove out of showroom, am also a member of FB group and
whatsapp group of zest owners and complaints about the the product are very low in number for this one year at least.

So They need to change the perception and get people to showroom and from their the dealership end provide a delightful experience.

If the Ad helps to do the first bit what's wrong in that?

Also regarding India being a cricket crazy nation and not knowing who Messi is -

As far as my circle goes the new generation is equally interested in football as they are in cricket and they do follow EPL/La liga regularly + for people who are not that interested in football - the football world cup has just finished, so people do know Messi (I can vouch for that in West Bengal as every Bengali here watches football and most of them supports Latin american playing style ie, Brazil and Argentina )

The point I don't get from this discussion is - why some people started bashing TML just because they singed up a major football star! If they can afford him let them get him. And also clueless how do they see this signing would effect their manufacturing unit/ ASS?

Another probability to keep in mind as many before has pointed- probably they would be going global some time soon which also makes this tie up a lot more VFM for them. And if they are going global they would be producing more better quality products right from safety aspects to the ride quality and infotainment levels by which us Indians will be benefited. Let's at least wait for the next launches and test drives of the new generation TML car's and then bash them if they fall short. (Till date no enthusiast who checked out my zest could say that it's a bad product rather they were surprised and super delighted.)
Yes they need to change perception. They need to change their design language. Zest/bolt are great products and have high level of improvement in terms of refinement, fit and finish. They didn't sell well because the shape was not that interesting (old). If a new design and level of refinement from zest/bolt carried in to it. People will visit the showroom for sure.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Couldn't agree with you more on this statement.
People should experience and TD the Zest before just writing off Tata Motors and their recent efforts.

In another thread related to 'best riding cars', Zest figured among one of the best to be driven around in bad road conditions as seen in Bangalore!
The car returns amazing FE as well!
Posting on behalf of a fellow Zest owner in our Whatsapp group who achieved a superlative FE of 30 kmpl for 250 kms drive in his Zest Diesel.

Well, as we all speak, the stock of Tata Motors has leaped 5% +, indicative of an acceptance that the company might perform better.

And someone said, Tata says 'Desh ka Namak' and has signed a foreign star for their endorsement: Tata has signed an international sports star. But, will continue to remit all its earnings to India unlike others!
Even I can confirm the high FE efficiency figures. I was able to achieve FE figures of 26 on the 1.5 tonne heavy manza diesel. The fiat engine has been tuned really well by TATA. Even after 1.35 lakh km. Manza gave us good resale at 2.75 lkhs.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 17:54   #71
BHPian

Lionel Messi Retires

Looks like Tata Motors' bad luck continues. After spending so much time, effort and money getting Lionel Messi as a brand ambassador and the Fantastico campaign, the guy retires!!

I think they should just get us some good cars at the earliest and forget about these long winded campaigns.

What do you think?
Old 28th June 2016, 08:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lionel Messi Retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Looks like Tata Motors' bad luck continues. After spending so much time, effort and money getting Lionel Messi as a brand ambassador and the Fantastico campaign, the guy retires!!
Messi just turned 29. And he got many many years in front of him as a professional footballer. And he only retired from international football, which is not as big as club football. Messi will still be part of Barcelona' all conquering team for many seasons more. At least for a tenure more than his contract with Tata.

Besides, there is a good chance that Messi might not retire from international football after all. AFA is facing an exodus if that goes through and they along with the fans will fight all out to prevent that. Argentina needs Messi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I think they should just get us some good cars at the earliest and forget about these long winded campaigns.

What do you think?
Tata is doing that already right? Tiago is one their finest and I am getting to see a lot of new cars on road now. None will buy a car for its brand ambassador, the product needs to be good and makes sense too.

Tata is on the right path. Hexa, Nexon, Kite 5... the product line never looked better.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 18:00   #73
BHPian

Lionel Messi has been fined 2 million Euros & handed a 21 month jail term for Tax Fraud.

Link

Link

On an important side note, he's not going to go to jail per se' because Spanish Law allows those convicted for less than 24 months to serve a probation period.

I hope Tata Motors (a "trustworthy" company that follows "Tata Code of Conduct") give him a break.

I don't understand, rather than let court cases come this far, why a celebrity of such potential didn't just get a re-assessment & afford to pay off the taxes.

Especially in times like these, when people would've highly appreciated a rich celeb paying up.
Old 6th July 2016, 18:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Lionel Messi has been fined 2 million Euros & handed a 21 month jail term for Tax Fraud.

Link

Link

On an important side note, he's not going to go to jail per se' because Spanish Law allows those convicted for less than 24 months to serve a probation period.

I hope Tata Motors (a "trustworthy" company that follows "Tata Code of Conduct") give him a break.

I don't understand, rather than let court cases come this far, why a celebrity of such potential didn't just get a re-assessment & afford to pay off the taxes.

Especially in times like these, when people would've highly appreciated a rich celeb paying up.
It seems nothing is going right for Tata Motors and especially with Tiago. First the zica virus and subsequent renaming, then fire at its vendors plant and now this. However, I do not believe it will have as much impact as the first two reasons. Just hope that Tiago sails through this period given the fantastic product that it is.
Old 6th July 2016, 19:59   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
It seems nothing is going right for Tata Motors and especially with Tiago.
What? Tiago is a run away success and waiting periods are now 6-8 months. Tata posted their highest sales in a long time last month. Tiago is going to get AMT in both petrol and diesel, so the sales is only going to increase.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks