Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 11:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

This just in, apparently they've signed up the WHOLE ManU team for a particular event!

The team will make an entry on 2 Hexa MUV's riding around the boundaryline before one of the matches.

Talk about mega launches!
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 15:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

It defies all logic, if at all it is true (the very first sentence of the news carries the word "rumoured"). Celebrity endorsement is done when you are introducing an unknown brand into a market. SRK introduced Santro in India - if you remember, because back then hardly anyone knew Santro and it needed handholding.

Tata is not a new name that requires introduction. In fact any market research will show they are far better knwon in India than Messi.
Old 29th July 2015, 23:15   #33
BHPian

Total waste of resource (with my limited experience & knowledge of auto industry). Messi is known worldwide but, there is no single TATA product which will appeal worldwide at present at least. In India Messi is popular but not sure how many FCB followers & Argentine fans will actually go out and buy a Tata car because of this.

If TATA had spent half of Messi's remuneration in better exterior designs & other half on a bollywood celebrity or a cricketer, chances of success would be better (in India at least)

I sincerely hope Messi + new launches work for them. Good Luck.

I am from Kerala - I believe that ALL the guys who put share & fix flux boards in Kerala will have to buy Tata cars to justify Messi's fee which would run into crores.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 29th July 2015 at 23:22.
Old 31st July 2015, 20:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

My first thought , what a waste of money.They should have used all that money to improve their product quality instead.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

Tata Motors has announced that it has signed up Argentine football star Lionel Messi as the global ambassador. Messi will promote and endorse its passenger vehicles globally. To start with, Tata Motors will first roll-out the association campaign, #madeofgreat, starring the footballer.

Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced-image-2.jpg

Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced-image-l.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:31   #36
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors signs up Lionel Messi as brand ambassador. EDIT: Officially announced

Oh NO! I have a feeling that instead of Messi improving Tata Motors fortunes, Tata Motors luck will rub off on him and his career will nosedive!
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:54   #37
BHPian

Even if the almighty God comes down on Earth to endorse Tata's passenger vehicles, I don't think it will do any good for TATA unless TATA improves it's sales or service teams.
I bought a Zest, it's an excellent product but the experience with the sales and service hasn't been as good as expected!
parth.jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 22:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Can someone from marketing or advertising field please throw some light on that, that if a Company appoints a foreigner as their Brand Ambassador while proudly advertising Desh ka Namak will it help their brand or will it likely to backfire. Or they have done it for their international markets as in India they anyway have presence left only in Taxi segment. I am confused.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:36   #39
BHPian

Who is Messi to general Indian public who watch cricket? I guess something similar to what Tata is to the general public who purchase Maruti cars.
The move in my opinion pointless to say the least. However let's wait to see the sales fireworks of Tata due to the footballer, which even Virat Kohli couldn't do.
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:00   #40
BHPian

In my opinion...it is a good move from Tata Motors. They want to change their perception from being Taxi cab manufacturer to personal/private one. I know Messi will not help in this regard, but it will definitely strike a chord, or garner more eyeballs of the young prospective buyers, who outright rejected Tata cars previously.

We all discussed of Tata Motors going big with their upcoming products. Well, may be roping in Messi is one of them. Service wise they have improved a lot. Complaints have drastically reduced. 2014-2015 products have been very reliable. I have learned from reliable resource that their upcoming products are mind blowing in every sense. Hexa is just the tip of the iceberg. Only gripe is delay in launch dates.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:07   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Can someone from marketing or advertising field please throw some light on that, that if a Company appoints a foreigner as their Brand Ambassador while proudly advertising Desh ka Namak will it help their brand or will it likely to backfire....
I read somewhere that Micromax indeed benefited from their association with Hugh Jackman. I have no data / statistics on this though.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Reasonable point, in fact Mahindra and almost all desi companies use phoren locations and phoren models to create a premium image for their product.
We now have almost all Hindi movies with phoren dancers as extras in all big-budget songs.
So much so that even a No.1 sports medicines hospital in Mumbai where I went for my wife's knee surgery is coming up with an even more premium hospital and when I asked their staff that what more can be improved as I can see your hospital is already THE most premium with all premium things possible, the reply I received was "phoren nurses". I was left speechless would be an understatement.

Anyway my grouse was that apart from Mahindra (Be Indian, Buy Indian) it's Tata which tries to commercialy exploit Patriotism by claiming Desh ka Namak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I read somewhere that Micromax indeed benefited from their association with Hugh Jackman. I have no data / statistics on this though.
Old 3rd November 2015, 01:46   #43
BHPian

One common thing I have noticed is that whenever Fiat or Tata announce something new(product/ad's) all hell breaks loose and the criticism starts pouring in from all directions.

The most tragic point in that is majority of these concerns come from users who don't own a car from that brand

We all know both of the above mentioned brands are already in very bad shape and they are trying everything to revive.

In fact I feel really happy for a desi manufacturer for roping in a global football star. At least it can bring them some hope in other countries if not in India.

All the very best Ratan ji
Old 3rd November 2015, 02:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

I for sure own a Fiat.

Two posts are criticism from Tata owners including a Zest.

Are you aware that Ratan Tata has retired long back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
The most tragic point in that is majority of these concerns come from users who don't own a car from that brand

All the very best Ratan ji
Old 3rd November 2015, 03:23   #45
BHPian

Yes sir I am aware of the fact that Ratan Tata has retired, but still many people associate him with any Tata related matters. Hence the reason I mentioned

I didn't wanted to point out to any one and I dont know the cars owned by others who have mentioned comments in this thread. If anyone got offended I am sorry

The comment was purely based on my opinion and I am just another person like anyone in this forum who wants to see Tata and Fiat succeed.

Peace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks