Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you pay for a satisfactory test drive
Yes! 165 37.84%
Test drives are free! No way! 271 62.16%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 12:15   #76
BHPian

Re: Would you pay for a longer duration test-drive?

Actually, in the cities whererever rental cars are offered, the customers can book them for local / highway trips, and effectively "test-drive" these cars.
Zoomcar is trying a good idea to make the most out of it, by advertising the same. This would also bring in more customers for them - those who already have cars and do not need a Zoomcar, but would love to go on a nice car for their vacation as a test drive!
However, these self drive rentals have only "standard" cars - such as Alto, WagonR, i10, Indica, Swift/Dzire, Innova etc.
It is impossible to find new releases in Zoomcar. e.g, Do they have Creta, S-Cross, Jazz, Aspire on their list? Or even Elite i20?
Old 9th September 2015, 12:23   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Got this via email from Zoomcar -
Good way of keeping their fleet engaged. May be they have taken the idea discussed in this thread for their marketing.

How many of the buyers really do a proper test drive or have knowledge to do so except auto enthusiasts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th September 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Fixing quotes.
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 16:07   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

BHPian DevilsCry has put up a lovely related thread at this link.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 16:31   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
However, these self drive rentals have only "standard" cars - such as Alto, WagonR, i10, Indica, Swift/Dzire, Innova etc.
It is impossible to find new releases in Zoomcar. e.g, Do they have Creta, S-Cross, Jazz, Aspire on their list? Or even Elite i20?
Zoom car has the Elite i20, as also the i20 on stilts (whatever it's called). It also has GLA 200s, so there does seem to be a reasonably wide range on offer, except the very top end vehicles.
Old 12th September 2015, 18:45   #80
BHPian

In the past I've never really taken one long test drive, but if I', really keen on the car I've taken multiple test drives and the sales staff is usually okay with this. But recently when I was deciding whether or not to purchase the S350, Shaman Mercedes did give me the test drive vehicle over a weekend so that I could live with it for two days before I made my decision. This however was as good as taking multiple test drives, as I'm not really comfortable with using the dealership vehicle for daily chores, but that's just me.

So I voted "No", as I wouldn't really pay for a longer one, but I'd rather take multiple ones if possible.
Old 12th September 2015, 20:12   #81
BANNED

The TD are given to customers satisfaction based on the demand elicited irrespective of the price of the car, so I agree that if I want a better more comprehensive TD of vehicle with headlong rush of customers I am willing to pay for it.

The question is not about rights but about getting what you want when it's not generally available.
Old 12th September 2015, 21:06   #82
Zed
BHPian

Many posts in this threads are centred on why test drives ought to be provided free of charge. I think the point to this poll is if one is willing to pay for an extended period test drive BEYOND the mandatory test drive that is normally offered.
Id like the option to TD during daylight and at night. With family and by myself which means having the TD car for a period of atleast 12 hours. For which id happily part with a small part of my budget
Old 12th September 2015, 21:26   #83
BHPian

Voted Yes. I am ok if need to invest some small amount while finalizing a new car. Anyways I am investing my time, and other efforts, but my two conditions would be a.) Test drive need to be really extensive. b.) I should get all or at least some of the money spent on test drive back If I indeed buy the car.
Old 14th September 2015, 01:28   #84
BHPian

Some hasty test drive of 10- 15 minutes will never tell you what or how the car is. I will always be ready to pay extra if they permit to keep it for half/ one day. May not be possible with new launches where the customers are pouring in .But it always help to assess the car with respect to one's living conditions and daily chores. I have read here somebody mentioning being alloted a Merc (A / B) for half a day as part of the test drive . Living with the car for one day is the best test in my opinion.
Old 1st July 2016, 01:06   #85
BHPian

Pathetic Experience At Maruti Suzuki Bhandari Automobile Dealership - Kolkata

On 28th June, 2016 during the afternoon I called up Maruti Suzuki's official dealership Bhandari Automobile, Kolkata located in Ballygunge for a test drive of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.

Had a brief conversation with the sales executive, (Should I mention his name?) and scheduled for a test drive on 30th June, 2016 at 5 P.M.

Now, on 30th June, in the morning at around 12 Noon I called up the S.E to confirm my test drive and was given an affirmation that the car will reach my office in Ballygunge itself on the scheduled time which is hardly a kilometer away from the dealership.

Then the poor experience began:-
  • The Test Drive vehicle was 45 minutes late with no message from the dealer regarding the delay. The Sales executive didn't even bother to receive my calls.
  • The car was quite dirty, be it the exterior or interiors.
  • The car was in reserve with fuel indicator blinking. The Sales executive told me that he will not be able to give me a test drive of more than 2 kms.
  • When I countered him regarding the lack of fuel in the vehicle, he had the audacity to say that and I quote "Sir, we fill the fuel in the car according to the distance from the dealership to the test drive's location and back. In your case it was just 1.5 kms so the fuel currently is sufficient for your test drive."
  • Gave him an option that I will refuel the vehicle and requested for a longer, proper test drive. The executive asked me to wait and called up his Team leader and after telling him the scenario handed me the phone. His team leader clearly told me that it won't be possible and that I can drive around for a couple of kms and a longer test drive will be arranged when I book the vehicle later.
  • I countered the Team leader, that in order to finalize a vehicle which costs more than 10 Lakhs on-road, I atleast need a proper test drive to understand its postive and negative aspects. How can he expect me to book the car without even testing the product properly? I further stated that my test drive booking was done a couple of days prior and in the morning they confirmed again that I will be getting a proper test drive of the vehicle. The Team leader clearly stated that he cannot do anything now as they have a couple of more test drives lined up.
  • While I was talking to the Team leader, the Sales executive was continuously receiving calls from some other customer regarding their test drive and he replied to them that he will be there within the next 10-15 minutes maximum. Furthermore, He had the chutzpah to say that If I want a test drive then take it or else let him go instead of creating a ruckus wasting his time.
  • I was quite enraged with the fellow and ended up saying " I do not want to deal with dealerships who don't know how to maintain their test drive vehicles and how to treat customers. You folks don't even have funds to refuel your vehicles, please leave my office compound right away.

I accept the fact that I lost my cool and re-acted in quite a negative way but this kind of behavior from the dealership was simply not acceptable. Another sour incident added among my poor experiences with Maruti Suzuki dealerships.

Till date, I haven't received a proper test drive of a single Maruti Suzuki product except the Swift. I have always disliked the manufacturer though had thought about giving it a chance as both Ciaz and Vitara are quite capable products and are absolute Value for money options if you are chauffeur driven in city driving conditions.

I am extremely disappointed with the dealership and have decided not to take a look at Vitara Brezza or Ciaz and instead replace my current City with an Ecosport, Vento or a City i-vtec again.

P.S - Apologies for the foul language used above.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2016 at 11:51. Reason: Keep it civil (no foul language). Also typos
YashD is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2016, 01:40   #86
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pathetic Experience At Maruti Suzuki Bhandari Automobile Dealership - Kolkata

I sympathise with you totally. A customer is entitled to a proper test drive, and the car should be clean, un damaged and fully functional. It appears that this dealer needs some basic training in etiquette and customer service. You did well to tell him to get lost. However, it is quite possible that you are losing out on a competent vehicle due to an incompetent dealer. Request you to consider contacting another dealer in your city. In case they are similarly irresponsible, then feel free to consider your other choices.

Hope you are able to finalise an appropriate vehicle at the earliest.
Lalvaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 02:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pathetic Experience At Maruti Suzuki Bhandari Automobile Dealership - Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I have always disliked the manufacturer though had thought about giving it a chance as both Ciaz and Vitara are quite capable products and are absolute Value for money options if you are chauffeur driven in city driving conditions.

I am extremely disappointed with the dealership and have decided not to take a look at Vitara Brezza or Ciaz and instead replace my current City with an Ecosport, Vento or a City i-vtec again.

P.S - Apologies for the foul language used above.
Forget this dealer, look for another Maruti dealer(there are many around) and go check out the Ciaz/Brezza. If you want to be chauffeur driven in the city, check out the Jazz.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
On 28th June, 2016 during the afternoon I called up Maruti Suzuki's official dealership Bhandari Automobile, Kolkata located in Ballygunge for a test drive of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza.
Drop a note to Maruti with these details. I guarantee they take action against idiots like them. As for yourself, find another dealer. It's Maruti after all, so I'm sure your city has plenty.
Old 1st July 2016, 19:09   #89
BHPian

We test drive a car with the intention of understanding how it behaves with us at the controls.
We all have our own small habits which makes each of us unique in our driving styles.
And we will buy a car that actually suits us and makes us feel at home.

Ultimately it is a very big investment to buy a car, and we need to test it out to be sure if it satisfies our requirements before we pay the said manufacturer.

So no I wouldn't pay for a Test Drive.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 20:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

I have also noticed, Cars which are in demand/New, Sales advisor try their best to keep the test drive short, As they would want more and more people to test drive the car in a day, Car's which don't sell as hot cakes, For instance when i bought the jetta, The sales advisor literally wanted me to keep on driving and take it wherever i would wish too..

But Paying for a long proper test drive for new cars..No no...Maybe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks