Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 11:09   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia

An Essentia test mule was caught on a testing run in Bangalore, showing it's comparative dimensions against a Hyundai XCent.

It's interiors were also exposed.

Credit to RushLane reader & YouTube user GarMinion.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 17:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-whatsapp-image-20170315-5.52.35-pm.jpeg

Spotted this this evening in whitefield. Not sure if this is face lifted Xcent. The badging looks like an oval (Ford/Hyundai) but the tail lights look different from Xcent. Also the side profile looks sloping downwards (like Amaze)

I dont think its Tigor because its too close to launch anyway

My strong doubt is Chevrolet Essentia ? (MH reg) + the Front hood had aggressive kink like the auto expo pic of Chevy beat sedan.

Mods please help

EDIT:
Thanks Vid, So it is Chevy indeed. Wonder why they masked the Logo to appear like an oval

Last edited by rajshenoy : 15th March 2017 at 18:06.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 18:19   #63
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Xcent Facelift caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Attachment 1619292

Spotted this this evening in whitefield. Not sure if this is face lifted Xcent. The badging looks like an oval (Ford/Hyundai) but the tail lights look different from Xcent. Also the side profile looks sloping downwards (like Amaze)

I dont think its Tigor because its too close to launch anyway

My strong doubt is Chevrolet Essentia ? (MH reg) + the Front hood had aggressive kink like the auto expo pic of Chevy beat sedan.

Mods please help
Definitely looks like an Chevrolet Essentia, the following points makes me thinks so:-

1. ORVM design similar to the existing Chevrolet Beat.

2. The outside door handles looks like flap ones, which was equipped in the Essentia showed in the auto expo coverage. They aren't protruding out like the pull type door handles which the current generation Hyundai Xcent is equipped with.

3. The exposed area of the tail lamps is very similar to the Essentia's image shown below.

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-essentia.jpg

4. MH-14 registration plate shows the test car is registered in Pimpri-Chinchwad RTO, which falls in line with General Motor's Talegaon Plant.

5. The reflectors in the bumper are also of the same design.

Apologies, my bad just saw your Edited post, after i posted.

Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 15th March 2017 at 18:37. Reason: Added my apology note.
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:32   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia

Big thanks to Rahul Sawarmale for sharing these spyshots from Pune!

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-ess3.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-ess1.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-ess2.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-ess4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 22:29   #65

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Now Named TIGOR

Friend spotted this in Mumbai. Is this Tigor ?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-fb_img_1490021830944.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-fb_img_1490023819098.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-fb_img_1490023822828.jpg  

zeri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 22:37   #66
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago-based compact sedan. EDIT: Unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016! Now Named TIGOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeri View Post
Friend spotted this in Mumbai. Is this Tigor ?
Don't think so. This should be the Chevrolet Essentia

Related Link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2017-a-5.html
sachinayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 21:44   #67

Caught testing - Chevy beat sedan

Hello -

Here are some snaps of what I consider to be the Chevy sedan. Seen in Mumbai. The high rise line from the side view mirror to the back window was a give away

The bonnet had the high rise cut rising from the headlights - I couldn't click the same

This is for everyone's viewing and comments in case I have misinterpreted the model
Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490371947.038627.jpgChevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490371992.983052.jpgChevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490372028.814175.jpg
Pankaj2kapoor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 14:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Caught testing - Chevy beat sedan

Good to see some action from Chevy. Thought the company was in limbo with no new launches. Sail is down in the dumps, with monthly sales averaging 200 units. Beat is a nice car, with approx 650 sold in Feb 2017. Hopefully the sedan is well appointed and is able to pull in enough consumers to keep the flag flying.
Old 25th March 2017, 14:45   #69
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Caught testing - Chevy beat sedan

There is a running thread on the same subject - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4075015

Mods, requesting you to kindly merge the threads please.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 08:15   #70

Spotted it twice near my home in Mumbai.

I wasn't aware of brand/model, touched and felt the logo at the rear and understood that it's a Chevvy compact sedan.

The front view confirmed a Beat based sedan.

Snaps:

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490755229.015216.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490755251.579698.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490755267.812205.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490755453.595920.jpg
rider_kaush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:12   #71
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia

Is it only me, who thinks (from the spyshots) the rear part on those side profile pictures makes the wheel look tad small ?

drawing similarities with Aspire review and feedback, the Wheel (specially in rear side profile pictures) looks small.

May be with proper color shades and in production version they would look better, so consider my statement, just an observation.
Old 14th April 2017, 11:50   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

This test mule was spotted today morning on NH8 going towards Manesar by my cousin Dr. Abhishek and he sent me these images via WhatsApp.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0004.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0005.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0006.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0008.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0007.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0011.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-img20170414wa0009.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 20:52   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest spy shots, this time from Bangalore by a DriveSpark reader.

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-1.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-4.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-2.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-5.jpg

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-3.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 22:38   #74
BHPian

An insider confirms launch of new Beat sometime in July and Essentia a couple of months later.
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 14:51   #75
BHPian

Hi folks,

Spotted Chevy Essentia test mule on Gurgaon roads on the sizzling hot afternoon of 19th April 2017. Honestly, I couldn't identify the model and the manufacturer and just chased to quickly capture it in my Moto X. Thanks to the MOD GTO for having assisted me identifying it, that I could find this relevant thread to post my observations.

The postulates:

1. Category: C1 segment (apparently a sub-4 meter)

2. The registration plate says MH14 a.k.a. Pimpri-Chinchwad (Pune) RTO. So, the mule vehicle has been test run all the way from there and miles to go further.

3. Ground clearance seems good enough (apparently no less than 165mm).

4. The tail lamp cluster(non-LED) and the tyres (apparently 175 section / 15") indicate a VFM economy segment car to compete with the likes of Honda Amaze, Maruti D'zire, Hyundai Xcent etc.

5. Notice that even the alloy wheels have been fully camouflaged to maintain atop secrecy.

6. Since, I chased it for a while in my 2015 Jazz V MT (weak low end torque), I had to down shift from 5th to 3rd and rev it past 70 kmph to catch it. It is quite evident that it was delivering sufficient torque.

7. While it started making a U-turn to show me the side, I rolled down my window in an attempt to: (1) get a better/clearer picture and (2) try hearing the music underneath from the powerhouse which apparently was a silent (meaning a petrol version).

Rest I leave the pictures to speak. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule1.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule2.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule3.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule4.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule5.jpg  

Chevrolet to enter the 'Compact Sedan' segment with Beat-based Essentia-chevy-essentia-mule6.jpg  

Nohonking is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks