Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 21:40   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand

those who've driven both a fortuner and a pajero, does the pajero feel less "truck" like and more car like compared to the fortuner or both feel equally bulky to pilot? Thanks

The new pajero certainly looks quite luxurious - certainly more than the current fortuner but the next gen fortuner is getting more luxurious too so will have to wait and see. My sense is that the next gen T-Fort's will retail (on road) for between 36 - 40 lakhs (on road). I'd be delighted if I've overestimated of course.
Old 1st August 2015, 21:59   #17
BHPian

Hi friends
I checked the pictures on international sites and autocar as well.was planning to buy the current Pajero sport but after seeing this one my hearts all for it.Now I've postponed the buy and instead will buy the new thar till this one is launched in India.

I've always liked the Pajero better that fortuner.its any day much comfortable as suv than others.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

It looks stunning. Fortuner/Endeavour are just no match for it in its imposing looks. I like the rear end , too. It is very boldly different. This car cannot be mistaken for any other car even from a distance. Now, do they still need HM's hand-holding? Whatever happened to their starting on their own?
Old 1st August 2015, 22:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
by far the ugliest/oddest looking rear I have seen in a while, now atleast the Ritz can heave a sigh of relief. The upper half of taillight looks like hit by a haryana roadways truck/cruise missile and the lower half looks like a skid mark.
Not as ugly as Innova, I think. This rear is quite imposing.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:12   #20
BHPian

Ok so Toyota and ford have one less competitor, with that looks and present service network its a sales dud for sure.
It looks more like a muv than suv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
those who've driven both a fortuner and a pajero, does the pajero feel less "truck" like and more car like compared to the fortuner or both feel equally bulky to pilot? Thanks
I have driven both and I can safely say Pajero has a more comfortable ride than fortuner. But both of them feels truck like as they are built on respective pickup trucks.
However I felt rear seat is more spacious in Fortuner.
There is thread comparing the pros and cons of these 2, please go through it.
chaith.turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 22:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Like the way it looks, but where's the Yellow? The Red? The Purple and two tone paint jobs? This is a Pajero, they need to design two tone sporty colour options as well. Hell even the new Endeavor looks stunning in red
Old 1st August 2015, 22:30   #22
BHPian

Absolutely pathetic and lamentable. Makes me cringe to look at this bloated ugly piece of design incompetence.

Credits for ruining such a legendary creation of yourself

If i could, i would fire most of the car designers today

Sorry to turn of interested buyers, i couldn't contain the disgust

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2015 at 13:18. Reason: Removing oversized picture
Old 1st August 2015, 23:56   #23
BHPian

All New Pajero Sport – Advanced Safety & Advanced Performance

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 00:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I was wondering why no one was adapting the variable valve timing from the petrol engines to the Diesels and now here we have it! From Mitsubishi. The worlds first Diesel with VVT and low compression.

Now Mazda is also doing something radical with their Skyactiv D. Lowest compression Diesel.
I thought Tata Safari has a VVT, may be I am mistaken.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd August 2015 at 00:06.
Old 2nd August 2015, 01:20   #25
BHPian

I think the interiors looks awesome !

Few more pics
Attached Thumbnails
India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0007850x567.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0012850x567.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0011850x567.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0008850x567.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0013850x566.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0015850x567.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0021850x651.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0022850x651.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0023850x648.jpg  

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-mitsubishipajerosportth0029850x567.jpg  

LionX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I thought Tata Safari has a VVT, may be I am mistaken.
Well that's what acronyms do. Confuse!
VVT Safari Storme : Variable Vane Turbo. Same as a VGT.
VVT Pajero with Mivec : Variable Valve Timing. Much like VTec, and VVT in Petrol Engines.
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 10:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandher View Post
Absolutely pathetic and lamentable. Makes me cringe to look at this bloated ugly piece of design incompetence.
Well the current generation is also not that great looking. Plus you have to remember that the two cars shown aren't really related. The Pajero still lives on as a different model (Montero), just that it's not sold in India anymore.
This one is really the SUV version of the Triton pick up. Kind of borrowing the name plate, like the Estilo did from Zen.

Coming back to the new car itself, I feel it's better looking than the current generation. The front end is a bit fussy in terms of detailing and the rear resembles a boat, but still something new and interesting.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2015 at 13:19. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 11:17   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I am a traditionalist when it come to car styling and for me the 2015 Endeavour is the SUV to have style wise. Its butch and traditional looking.

But the thing is designs should move on. And looking at the new Fortuner and Pajero Sport, guess that is the future.

Frankly, even though side by side the Endeavour and Nissan Navara based SUV looks good for us enthusiasts, they along with the Chevrolet Trailblazer looks dated compared to the new Fortuner and Pajero Sport.

But my heart would still put the money on the Endeavour for its style,though head screams Toyota.

Last edited by DicKy : 2nd August 2015 at 11:19.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

My friends at Middle East Motoring seem to think it looks good. Poor chaps - it must have been the shock of seeing something new from Mitsubishi after the decade-and-a-half Pajero.

I bet nobody saw that coming.

Read here:

Mitsubishi in styling shock, actually delivers good looking Pajero Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandher View Post
Credits for ruining such a legendary creation of yourself
Wrong descendent. The Pajero Sport follows the Nativa, which was also based on the pickup like this one. Other than the name, the two have very little in common.

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd August 2015 at 23:14.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:16   #30
BHPian

The silver looks oh so hot! Unfortunately the top spot is reserved for the Fortuner but the battle for the second spot sure is an interesting one between the Pajero, Endeavour and Trailblazer!

Coming back to the car I just love the front but still like the clean looks of the Endeavour followed by this and then the Fortuner! The interiors sure have gone up a notch and then there is an 8 speed autobox which I believe comes with an AWD option.

Dear Mitsubishi please undercut the Fortuner which means price this similar to the current version and you should see good volumes!

The SUV buyer is surely spoilt for choice with 4 very competent options to choose from!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks