Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:03   #31
BHPian

I am in the lookout for a 7 seater SUV within next 6 months. I read the review of the upcoming Ford endeavour. I want a four wheel drive with all safety features and an automatic transmission. If Mitsubishi launches this here with all safety features as mentioned in previous post then I might wait for it. 7 airbags with four wheel drive and an automatic transmission is all I want.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:37   #32
BHPian

re: India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand

By God, The chaps at Mistubishi seem to have kidnapped the designer from Toyota to create this monster. But it does scream LOUD, so I guess would satisfy the SUV psyche. But the previous one was such a neat and clean design. I absolutely loved it.
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:18   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Eeks! Sorry but no chance I'll be EVER looking at it as a prospective. It looks awful and makes the Isuzu MU 7 look graceful.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I kinda like the front which manages to look futuristic & mean together. BUT the rear Cant decide whether it looks like a BUS or a VAN
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:47   #35
BHPian

The front end is a chromed up old outlander and the rear seems to have lost gravity and floating away.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:53   #36
BHPian

Mitsubishi Pajero, Challenger range gets all-new Sport model
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/life...ew-sport-model
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

The rear is a let down. I loved the front and the interiors. But with the one product stable what can we dream of. They should come up with some exciting products ASAP.
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:26   #38
BHPian

I would love to buy one just because of the Super Select 4WD and 7-8 speed AT combo.

I personally don't believe that this will come to India - at least for next 2 years. I don't think Mitsubishi India is interested in things like market share, profit and such.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand

So Mitsubishi had long enough to come up with something radical, something that would live up to the Pajero name. And all they could do is take inspiration from the current-gen CRV, the upcoming Fortuner and then spoil it a bit to create something new, er, weird!

Weird and wacky thread contestant perhaps?

Definitely not the best design from the Mitsubishi stable, a place where we've seen the likes of Hot EVO's!
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

My dealer confirmed today that we are not going to see the new Pajero sport till the first quarter of 2017.

Wake up, HM guys!
Old 4th August 2015, 03:17   #41
BHPian

Oh my eyes! Hard to believe they went from the graceful Pajero to this monstrosity! I'd get the Isuzu MU7 over this any day and that is saying a lot about the MU7's design!
Old 4th August 2015, 10:59   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
My dealer confirmed today that we are not going to see the new Pajero sport till the first quarter of 2017.

Wake up, HM guys!
I was at the Toyota dealership while i was getting my Fortuner serviced last week and casually inquired about the all new Fortuner they did not know about what i was talking about then i asked some senior person he showed me pics of new Fortuner from his whatsapp chat (like i did not know how the all new Fortuner looked like ) and he said this all new model isnt launching in the next 3 year span. I smiled and walked away.

Likewise, Dealers speak such rubbish, obviously they do not want to scare the potential clients of the current Pajero sport.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Wrong descendent. The Pajero Sport follows the Nativa, which was also based on the pickup like this one. Other than the name, the two have very little in common.
I am aware of the successor to Pajero, its the Montero or Shogun. But do you think the general folks care about descendants? What i really meant was that Mitsubishi has killed the Pajero brand here [atleast for me]
Old 4th August 2015, 12:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Likewise, Dealers speak such rubbish, obviously they do not want to scare the potential clients of the current Pajero sport.
Very True. They know people will wait for the new model and that will affect current sales.

But Hindustan Motors is a dinosaur it is will probably wait for couple of years, flogging the older model, then they will launch a stripped down version which will be priced few lakhs higher than the latest fortuner
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 10:23   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new, next-gen Mitsubishi Pajero Sport will be available in Indian showrooms only by mid-2017, as per an ACI exclusive.

The car will be brought in via the CKD route and assembled at Hindustan Motors' Chennai Car Plant, and will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the upcoming Chevrolet Trailblazer.

India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand-20150909101008_pajexc.jpg

Quote:
The new Pajero in the overseas markets uses a 2.4-litre MIVEC turbo diesel engine which comes mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. This is the same engine that does duty in the pick-up truck that the Pajero is based on, and although power figures haven’t been revealed, one can expect an output around 170-180bhp. It also gets a 4WD system, in combination with a new off-road mode.

Equipment on the new car includes a touchscreen infotainment system, a 360-degree camera, seven airbags and an electronic hand brake. Other new assistive features are autonomous braking, blind spot monitoring, descent control and a system to avoid misacceleration.
ACI

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks