Team-BHP - India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India-bound 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport launched in Thailand (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/166635-india-bound-2015-mitsubishi-pajero-sport-launched-thailand.html)

Mods: I am starting a new thread as we don't have a dedicated thread on the new Pajero Sport

International Launch: Tomorrow August 1st 2015 in Thailand

Expected features:

Interior

Exterior

Safety

Thailand Pricing

Brochure

Source

Question is when would we see it on our roads? Possible AutoExpo launch early next year? Would actually make sense if it comes in this festive season.

Earlier we were worried about tail lights in teasers but wait wait!! Wow it is looking luxurious. They might launch it along with Toyota's Fortuner in early 2016. I am still eager to see New Pajero in reality. Fingers crossed!

In my opinion the font end looks futuristic and different, while the rear end is horrid looking.

The interiors look fresh and very up-market.

Source1

Source2

New pajero sport seems to be promising,especially if priced right.
Looks very nice tooclap:

Gets practical all black interiors and an electronic parking brake.

Awesome looks and superb features. It's far better looking SUV than 2016 Fortuner or Endeavour. Hope Mitsubishi launches it here with an 8 Speed auto + killer safety features and price below 25-Lac ex-showroom. Mitsubishi seriously needs to re-think it's Indian operations giving us fair-priced and wide A.S.S.

Wishful thinking, but, if only they could launch it at the same pricing or even a 20% higher pricing in India - they will kill the market and make it better for us consumers.

We will be in the market for a SUV for weekly 5 hour trips sometime after 6 months replacing our Scorpio. Don't mind upgrading to the XUV 500, but it has to come out with an automatic variant.

However looking at this product and the interiors, I might be compelled to spend to spend extra for a proper SUV. Must admit all of Pajero, Fortuner and Endeavour have really upped their game with their new generations/facelifts. The interiors of the Pajero seem to be a notch above what the rivals are coming out with.

The rear does make it look like a MPV (Innovaish) which might go against it.

While the front looks awesome, the rear lost it. It looks more of an MPV rather SUV from the side profile. The interiors look plush though.

How does Mitsubishi plan to come back in the reckoning with such bland & ugly products?! That rear is horrendous & extremely bulky. Even the front has chrome overload and overtly fussy detailing. The only saving grace is the 8 speed A/T over the Fortuner's 6. It's really sad how Mitsubishi has consistently messed up the Pajero's looks over the years. :(

Personally, I think the design looks kinda interesting. Mitsubishi may be on to something. The back kinda reminds me of an overturned Volvo XC90 lol:

It looks good even better than the new Toyota Fortuner which has an extraordinary long nose than it should be. However, I still have my thumbs up to the Toyota Fortuner when it comes to the interior design.

by far the ugliest/oddest looking rear I have seen in a while, now atleast the Ritz can heave a sigh of relief. The upper half of taillight looks like hit by a haryana roadways truck/cruise missile and the lower half looks like a skid mark.

I might be wrong but the car looks a lot like the CRV and the back looks like a jazz rear turned upside down. The current gen looks much better.

I was wondering why no one was adapting the variable valve timing from the petrol engines to the Diesels and now here we have it! From Mitsubishi. The worlds first Diesel with VVT and low compression.

Now Mazda is also doing something radical with their Skyactiv D. Lowest compression Diesel.

Well, this one looks like a futuristic dream SUV, infact the rear suits the rest of the body just fine.
Could this be the target buy for existing XUV owners, sounds like an upgrade!
Only if mitsubishi price it right and undercut Toyota by couple of lakhs...

If wishes were horses 😃