Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 15:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rumour: Skoda India appoints Amit Sagar as sales head

Thank you to the BHPian ram_hyundai for sending us this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Skoda has appointed Amit Sagar as the head of its sales operations in India.

Rumour: Skoda India appoints Amit Sagar as sales head-amit-sagar.jpg

Amit has more than 21 years of experience in the automotive industry. He has worked as the Area Manager - Delhi (commercial vehicle sales & service) for Tata Motors from May 1993 to December 2000 and Regional Manager - Gujarat for Maruti Suzuki from January 2001 to October 2008.

He returned Tata Motors in November 2008 as head of the Indica Product Group (National Head - Sales & Marketing of Indica and Vista). He has also been the National Sales Head (passenger cars) at the company and is managing the dealer network across North and West since August 2013.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2015 at 18:21.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 18:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Skoda India appoints Amit Sagar as sales head

What Skoda needs is an able Service head. Not Sales.

Their sales are pretty good . What is hindering their sales is the horrible service. Although there are many happy sales customers the same is not true about the service customers. If they can fix the services, sales will follow I believe. My 2 paise
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 18:56   #3
BHPian

Skoda India seems to be moving in the right direction. Customer confidence which had taken a major hit also seems to be returning. New sales head appointment is a welcome move. VAG also became the largest selling automotive company in the world last month. They definitely cannot ignore the Indian market in their growth story.
Old 2nd August 2015, 12:36   #4
BHPian

I think they need a new service head more than a head of sales (except as a replacement for a head who has resigned).

Skoda cars "sell themselves" . I have not heard of anyone with a nightmare sales experience. Servicing, that is another matter altogether.
Old 2nd August 2015, 14:43   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think Skoda Dealers all could do with some solid motivation and training on the service side. Once they fix this, it will be smooth sailing for them.
Personally though I am very happy with the way Vinayak Skoda looks after me so I am not complaining.
My Yeti is 4 years old almost and it is due for its annual service darshan in another three months or so. This year, since I shall be going out of the extended warranty period, I m thinking of getting it serviced a little earlier than normal while it is still under the warranty, just to be safe.

Apart from this, I have consistently been buying the Zero Dep Insurance ever since I bought the vehicle. I intend keeping that going, especially since I shall be out of warranty from the end of this year onwards.

Its a good little vehicle and I hardly use it the way that it was originally envisaged when I bought it. I hope to use it for a long while yet because I am not at all tired or fatigued by it. There is still much happiness and excitement when I drive it about daily.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Personally though I am very happy with the way Vinayak Skoda looks after me so I am not complaining.
Without a doubt they do make good cars, but I find it hard to believe that the service quality is good. Which Vinayak Skoda service centre do you frequent? I go to the OMR service centre near KR Puram, and have from the first service been complaining of a suspension that feels like it belongs to a car run 60-70k while my car hasn't even run 30, and that too in BLR or on highways with good surfaces.

I managed to find a contact during the last service, and the car rides better now, but still nowhere near how quietly my father's Vento does. Anyway, that's a rant for a separate thread.

My point being that I agree with most of the views here (including yours) that Skoda needs to do something quite drastic about their service quality and do it soon rather than spend more money on sales/marketing. Better ROI via word of mouth.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

They need a new Service Head, not a Sales Head.

And a whole new network of dealers - the current crop can't be trusted.
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:49   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Without a doubt they do make good cars, but I find it hard to believe that the service quality is good. Which Vinayak Skoda service centre do you frequent? I go to the OMR service centre near KR Puram, and have from the first service been complaining of a suspension that feels like it belongs to a car run 60-70k while my car hasn't even run 30, and that too in BLR or on highways with good surfaces.

I managed to find a contact during the last service, and the car rides better now, but still nowhere near how quietly my father's Vento does. Anyway, that's a rant for a separate thread.

My point being that I agree with most of the views here (including yours) that Skoda needs to do something quite drastic about their service quality and do it soon rather than spend more money on sales/marketing. Better ROI via word of mouth.
Thats odd. Because I use the same Service Centre. And I ve been looked after well.
Try speaking to the GM Sales at Palace Orchard. He is helpful and will look after you. You can refer me if you wish.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have consistently been buying the Zero Dep Insurance ever since I bought the vehicle. I intend keeping that going, especially since I shall be out of warranty from the end of this year onwards.

OT

One of the insurance guys told me zero dep cover can be availed till 5th or 6th year only. Is that not the case? I still have it but I am made to believe that it can't be had beyond certain age of the vehicle.
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:38   #10
BHPian

Skoda got a clean slate to start their business in India, but unfortunately, even after more than a decade of operation, they could not capitalize upon the opportunity. The reason behind the same is very well known to all of us:- sub par after sales services clubbed with unavailability of spares parts and 'I care to my boots' attitude of their ignorant employees. In a quasi static manner this became Skoda's Achilles heel.

In the recent times they have improved. I can assert this being a Rapid owner, but their are bigger questions like,"Is it enough?" Skoda operates in a B2C market and the way their image has been dented (owing to their own myopic outlook) is anybody's guess.

Image makeover will definitely take time and I ought to say that its the services department where they need to put in their heart, mind and soul, and that's in addition to their financial resources. There is no harm in appointing a new sales head but that can be afforded if only the services head is doing a brilliant job, because Skoda cars sell on their own. Engineering, fuel economy, expressway speed manners and build quality are not the parameters which deter a perspective Skoda costumer, it is Skoda's ill famed after sales services.

I am sure Skoda executives know Pareto's 80:20 rule and it's application in Skoda's gambit of business.
cruising_rapid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 23:08   #11
BHPian

Well! For someone who's booked a Rapid DSG (I'm awaiting the S-Cross launch to make a final decision) I can confirm with confidence that their sales experience is probably the best I've experienced in recent times. What worries me is stories about the nonexistent customer confidence in their ASS.

I agree with the opinion that Skoda needs to absolutely and urgently revamp its services.
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

with my limited information they are gearing up very fast. They would take the next 1 year to be prepared in all aspects to go all out forward. This would be a good news since many of the others who are struggling in the service section are still struggling. Here the dedicated team to handle concerns etc are welcome moves in the right direction.
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What Skoda needs is an able Service head. Not Sales.

Their sales are pretty good . What is hindering their sales is the horrible service. Although there are many happy sales customers the same is not true about the service customers. If they can fix the services, sales will follow I believe. My 2 paise
Sales can improve, but yes service needs a huge improvement. Here is what ET reports -

....Sagar has handled an array of responsibilities from sales, marketing and services to branding. He is likely to champion the service cause at Skoda Auto, the biggest focus area for the company.

At Skoda Auto, Sagar will face the challenge of improving the company's dealerships which have been struggling with poor customer satisfaction scores. Apart from streamlining systems and processes at the dealerships, Sagar will have to strive to improve sales with a limited portfolio at his dispos ..

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48322785.cms
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:48   #14
BHPian

Sharing a thought that struck me when i went to pick my car from Skoda workshop last week. This is a tip for those who are worried about the After sales of Skoda( before deciding to get one) which could actually work(should work with other Mfrs. as well) .
Just like the way we feel the way a customer is received by the sales executive and then we come to conclusion about the whole experience, we should ask for a demo of an interaction of how an existing owner is treated by the After sales team or supervisor, for a routine service or an issue that's something in specific with the car.
Only then should we come to a conclusion on the overall car buying experience. This could also help us understand on how well or who in the After sales is educated on getting the job done. Hope it helps.
Old 9th August 2015, 15:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Sharing a thought that struck me when i went to pick my car from Skoda workshop last week. This is a tip for those who are worried about the After sales of Skoda( before deciding to get one) which could actually work(should work with other Mfrs. as well) .
Just like the way we feel the way a customer is received by the sales executive and then we come to conclusion about the whole experience, we should ask for a demo of an interaction of how an existing owner is treated by the After sales team or supervisor, for a routine service or an issue that's something in specific with the car.
Only then should we come to a conclusion on the overall car buying experience. This could also help us understand on how well or who in the After sales is educated on getting the job done. Hope it helps.
I agree, although partially. We have interest groups like TBHP, where ownership experiences are well articulated. Going by opinions from existing owners, its apparent Skoda needs to pull up its socks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks