Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 10:48   #91
BHPian

Re: July 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Some joy for the Nano and Safari+Storme, but the Zest and Bolt just keep falling. Don't understand why the Zest isn't selling, to be honest.
There is nothing wrong with Zest itself. It's the attitude of Tata service centres that keeps people away.

I will share one simple instance here. I went for a wiper blade change at Tata service centre. I was sent to stores. 5 mins waiting then they made some paper and told me to go to cashier. I went to cashier and paid the amount and got the receipt.

After that I asked who is going to fix the wiper. They asked me to go back to store and collect the wiper . I flatly refused and said only thing a customer would expect that the part is fixed, bill paid and taking delivery of car.

The staff replied me that we are just selling you part and not creating job card to save your money (which I didn't ask for). They also added that people come here, take the part (wiper blade) and go by bus and fix themselves. I told them that I wouldn't have brought the car here, if I wanted to buy the wiper blade and fix at home.

I did a formal escalation to their head office and narrated the incident. Also added that such kind of attitude is keeping people away.

Had a horrible wait time in March 2015 when I booked pickup and drop for Nano service and the person who was expected to collect it called me and told that he will be late since he was going to come by Bus
turbodude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:44   #92

Yesterday's newspaper showed 17% rise in car sales in July!! This is a good sign for growth. Car buyers represent the mood of the economy. Looks like India is ready to rise and shine!
Old 12th August 2015, 14:43   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
... I was curious to see how the new Jazz and the Creta fared, having seen the forum members bash them up for the apparent pricing blunders from the respective manufacturers. But the market seems to have given both these cars a thumbs up with that rousing reception. Let's see if they can sustain these numbers on the long run...
I agree that the Creta and Jazz are doing well, but what percentage of these sales are sustainable? I'm confident that the large number of deliveries is primarily driven by people who pre-booked their cars. I'd give it at least 3 months before we declare them hits.

Personally, I feel that they'll do well in the long run - but nowhere close to where their sales are right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Where is Ciaz? Not even among top 20. Just as I guessed. Once the novelty wore, Ciaz ,too, looks to follow Baleno, SX4. I'm sure same fate awaits S-Cross. Instead of launching stunning XA Alpha, they chose to launch this ugly car. No matter how much MUL tomtoms, Ciaz is just no match for City. Ciaz sold less than even Indica. In my opinion, Swift is the last exciting product from MUL. I'm awaiting XA Alpha.
I don't really care for either the City or the Ciaz, but why compare the Ciaz and the Indica? One is a premium (or at least semi-premium) sedan while the other is a budget hatchback? You might as well say that the Royal Enfield Thunderbird is no good because they are outsold by the Hero Splendor by a large margin.
Old 13th August 2015, 09:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
I'm not convinced there will be a market for such a thing (cf the original Honda Jazz). If they could move the rear seat back a little, eating into the boot space and keeping the total length below 4m, then maybe. (But I personally bought it partly for the boot space -- at that time only Figo and Polo were comparable).

This is also why they backed off introducing the Bravo, despite seriously considering it at one point.

If Abarth gets some traction in the market, I wonder if Fiat should consider introducing the Lancia or Alfa Romeo brands here? It looks like Fiat is not interested in introducing a low-cost India-specific car (a la Figo or Pulse) -- Punto is as downmarket as it is going to get. At the same time they are not introducing the Bravo, Panda or 500(X,L) series, which would all be priced higher than the Punto (except maybe the Panda but it would not be much cheaper). It may make sense to target the upmarket crowd who may see Fiat's other brands as more aspirational than Fiat itself.
Lancia is being diluted so that's not possible and I really don't want to see such a legendary firm making hatchbacks here. Alfa romeo is actually a luxury brand so that is not possible. I think they should get jeep here.
Old 13th August 2015, 11:07   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Lancia is being diluted so that's not possible and I really don't want to see such a legendary firm making hatchbacks here. Alfa romeo is actually a luxury brand so that is not possible. I think they should get jeep here.
Lancia does make a very nice-looking hatchback (the Ypsilon) which is quite popular in Italy at least. But the bigger issue with Lancia is apparently they have withdrawn from RHD markets (including UK). As for Alfa Romeo, in the UK the Fiat Punto starts at GBP 10990 and the Alfa Romeo Mito starts at GBP 12960 (OTR price) -- not a huge difference. If they made it in India they could bring down the gap even more. As you say, it is perceived as an upmarket, luxury brand, while Fiat is still associated with Premier Padminis. So I feel it could attract a new kind of customer.
Old 13th August 2015, 14:32   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
In spite of a great car that Ciaz is, it has not been doing well lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Ciaz numbers are down. Is it because of S-cross. All other cars are business as usual. . Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Where is Ciaz? Not even among top 20. .

Ciaz dispatches in July dipped as the company stopped manufacturing the older diesel variant. Maruti is now making the new Ciaz, which will be sold to dealers from later this month.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1101372_1.html
Old 13th August 2015, 14:39   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ciaz dispatches in July dipped as the company stopped manufacturing the older diesel variant. Maruti is now making the new Ciaz, which will be sold to dealers from later this month.
Why is Maruti doing that? If they stop Diesel and offer only Diesel hybrid, the price will go up by another 50K. Why can't they offer both?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed