Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 16:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Mini launches refreshed Countryman; cuts prices in India

Trident BKC has a promotion going on jointly with Mini Cooper in which they give complimentary pick up drop for hotel guests who want to go shopping to Bandra etc.

This is to promote Mini. You just have to call up the conceirge a couple of hours before you need the car to drop you.

Weird thing is it will be chauffeur driven!

I missed the chance last New Year because it was fully booked.
abeerbagul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 16:11   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Does Trident also have a lot of BMWs? If so, it could be part of a deal where they get Mini Coopers at throwaway prices. Who wouldn't say no to a Mini at half the price? It'll make any hotel lobby look good.
From what I have seen on the road, they have C-Class and 5-series in their fleet. But I believe this link will be more than informative on this thread:

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...up-hotel-chain
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 16:40   #18
BHPian

The Mini S, is the most desirable hatchback for me (Price aside)
And the countryman is at the opposite end of my desiredness.

I cannot think of any other car pair, which brings such contrasting emotions in me.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 17:41   #19
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If so, it could be part of a deal where they get Mini Coopers at throwaway prices. Who wouldn't say no to a Mini at half the price?
Since its a CBU & on yellow plates, it would anyways be bought at a throwaway price under the EPCG scheme i assume.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 17:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Who the heck buys a Countryman Taxi?

Attachment 1538430
I get the feeling that it is yellow board to avoid taxes in some way. We indians are the masters in avoiding taxes and at the same time whine about corruption
dreadknight5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 20:25   #21
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Does Trident also have a lot of BMWs? If so, it could be part of a deal where they get Mini Coopers at throwaway prices. Who wouldn't say no to a Mini at half the price? It'll make any hotel lobby look good.
The Oberoi group has BMW 5-series as their main commuter taxis and many other cars too. All of the 5-seires are base model cars and don't even have a sunroof which make for good headroom in the back, not that it was much needed. The trident hotel at nariman point has couple of mini countryman taxis, mainly for parking at the porch and somtimes provide these for fun city rides. They keep using it for some kind of promotions every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
I get the feeling that it is yellow board to avoid taxes in some way. We indians are the masters in avoiding taxes and at the same time whine about corruption
These cars are brought through EPCG route which is why they have the yellow on black plates. All the taxes saved in the beginning has to be paid back in foreign currency in certain duration of time. The amount of paperwork this requires alone would make you not go for this

Last edited by VSD : 5th August 2016 at 20:27.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

All-new Mini Countryman spied in India. Likely a 2017 India launch

Next-gen Mini Countryman to be unveiled soon; will share underpinnings with the BMW X1. Likely to be revealed at the Paris Motor show 2016.

Mini launches refreshed Countryman; cuts prices in India-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20160822124841_minix1.jpg

Quote:
The new Countryman will come with BMW’s variable damper control that enables chassis settings to be tweaked for moderate off-roading, although the new model, like the current car will still sit too low to be called a proper off-roader. The next-gen Countryman will also share its four-wheel drive system, an electronically controlled unit with the BMW X1, although some global markets will also get a cheaper FWD-only variant
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2016 at 13:10.
Old 28th August 2016, 15:17   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
A 2.0 litre engine producing only 110bhp and that too at this price range!! Sometimes things these manufacturers do just don't make sense.
Don't forget the 270 nm of grunt - which is the operative unit in a hatch with off-road pretensions.
Old 28th August 2016, 16:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Trident Hyderabad also has a Cooper S as a part of its fleet, in the same red color. From what I have heard, as a part of each stay in the hotel, you get a free drop and pick up in any part of the city.
Yes. I've seen Mini cars in Trident Chennai that are used for the Airport drops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks