Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 14:04   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota launches Etios Xclusive at Rs. 7.82 lakh

Real exclusive indeed! This is one manufacturer who still believes that the tacky wood finish makes the interior looks plush.
Why don't manufacturers think of exclusive editions with better safety features, rather than coming up with cosmetic aberrations like this?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 10:49   #17

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a sedan, and Etios is on my list. I did see the newly launched Etios Xclusive yesterday. The new touch screen did make me wince. It almost felt like someone had plonked a phablet. I found even the white glue around the borders slightly visible.

However, more important are the safety features, which, several members have commented as not adequate, in this thread. Can someone kindly share specifics? What are the safety essentials in a 10L car, which Etios doesn't provide? The sales person did mention that twin airbags are now standard across all trims.

Regards,

srideep233.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:43   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srideep233 View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a sedan, and Etios is on my list. I did see the newly launched Etios Xclusive yesterday. The new touch screen did make me wince. It almost felt like someone had plonked a phablet. I found even the white glue around the borders slightly visible.

However, more important are the safety features, which, several members have commented as not adequate, in this thread. Can someone kindly share specifics? What are the safety essentials in a 10L car, which Etios doesn't provide? The sales person did mention that twin airbags are now standard across all trims.

Regards,

srideep233.
From a safety perspective, dual front airbags + ABS are becoming the norm in this segment. There are outliers such as the Aspire which offer 6+ airbags on the top end variant.
One thing I find missing in the Etios from a safety perspective is the lack of speed sensing door locks.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks