Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 17:12   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post

If you meant the lever inside the car under the driver's seat or near the foot well to open the boot, yes the Punto had it too.
The figo had a push button on the dash.
The remote too came with a boot release button; press twice to release, I believe.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 01:08   #392
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Well I saw the interior pics and there is an electric boot release switch, just like Linea. But I don't know if the normal Punto has the same switch. So if the Abarth Punto does have electric release for boot then I think there would be a switch for it on the key fob too.

On other note, I've read reports on the net claiming Abarth Punto having seven airbags, ESP and hill hold assist. I highly doubt it though. PatchyBoy can you confirm the same from your source?

Last edited by firstguri : 2nd October 2015 at 01:09.
Old 2nd October 2015, 05:16   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
EDIT: The stripes on the bonnet, roof and boot-lid are a bit overdone IMO. Who's with me?
I totally agree with you Suhaas. I really liked the look showcased at BIC track but this is too flashy.
I am considering buying one if all reviews come out good. My idea is if you dont like OTT look then talk to dealer about getting some of those blingy decals off.
I am sure they might be ready to do that.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd October 2015 at 08:36. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:18   #394
BHPian

Yesterday, i went to a fiat showroom in pune with a relative as he is keen on buying avventura mjd. Got a good deal of 9L on road if registered outside LBT area.
But, the real surprise was a car standing in crowded basement which was Punto Abarth in mat grey+orange combination. I asked for a test drive of the same but didnt get one as the launch is still pending, but i got to check it out, sat inside and revved the engine a bit.
The following are the excerpts of my coversation with the sales person who seemed decently knowledgable as compared to hyundai person we had visited before for i20 active demo.:
1. Fiat india is aiming at a price tag of 12-13 L on road pune for punto abarth and avventura TJet, but the dealer has clearly rejected the idea stating clearly that it must not cross 10L on road to be even a decent success. I approved of the analysis. Even i am a potential abarth customer only if priced below 10L on road which i think should be possible as fiat has been selling Linea TJet for approx same price and abarth is almost similar technically with just a different turbocharger.
2. He says fiat doesnt intend to launch mat grey colour ( only black and white) which we both and the dealer agrees will be a big mistake as it will essentially look just like Evo with differnt alloys and stickers for 3-4 L additional price. There has to be more differentiation for abarth like the stunning mat grey+ orange colour combination.
3. There were not any additions in terms of features and interior changes ( like leather) on the display car as per the sales person.
4. When i revved the engine it didnt feel smooth enough for a turbo petrol unit ( compared to my ex vRS) but definitely felt sporty.
So, finally we left the showroom informing the guy that we are almost confirm on buying avventura MJD at 9L but i wont be buying abarth/avventura TJet if priced above 10.5 L on road pune and abarth has to have mat grey+ orange option.
46TheDoctor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 17:48   #395
BHPian

If Fiat isn't launching the matte grey, how did this dealer get it? Am I reading your post wrong.

I agree, that matte grey + orange is a strikingly good looking combination and surely will set it apart from the Evo.

I am not a potential customer but I'll be equally excited seeing these on the roads.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 01:53   #396
BHPian

Well the car seems to be generating quite some interest. I've been scouring the net for any info' that I can get on the car and one can just see that it's setting the pulse racing everywhere. There are a lot of people who are truthfully admitting that the car doesn't fit into their plans but how they're wishing that it would! And one can just sense the excitement. I've come across a couple of polls on FB regarding the coming car launches and it's Abarth Punto leading all the way. I think it's probably one of the biggest things to happen in Indian automotive history. And I sincerely hope the car does at least decently well so that another segment opens up in India, the performance segment.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:05   #397
BHPian

Overdrive and a few other sites are reporting that the bookings are now open for 50k. Looks like they are maintaining the 10L price tag.

Any of our members booked this? Would be interesting to see how this turns out.
Old 4th October 2015, 21:23   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Overdrive and a few other sites are reporting that the bookings are now open for 50k. Looks like they are maintaining the 10L price tag.

Any of our members booked this? Would be interesting to see how this turns out.
Fiat India on their site have posted "Bookings open" for Abarth Punto. Actually I would like to book one but without a TD or even knowing the price would never think of it. Most of us haven't seen the vehicle. Let them launch it first.
Old 5th October 2015, 05:07   #399

Abarth Punto @ 13L On road would be an overkill specially for a hatchback with no gizmos, no leather seats, no sunroof. It would mostly confine itself in the hands of pure enthusiasts looking for a 2nd or maybe 3rd car.
Old 5th October 2015, 15:36   #400
BHPian

A quick shot of the Abarth showcases at Bangalore Airport, was rushing for my flight so couldn't take better pictures or more details.

Liked the tagline - Sunday on Track Monday in Office
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-20151002_084709.jpg  

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-20151002_084718.jpg  

KD007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 15:53   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

The news ticker on Motorbeam has a news item that the Abarth versions of Punto and Avventura would launch by October 10th.

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-abarth1.jpg

But could not find any news item for the same.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 5th October 2015 at 15:56.
Old 7th October 2015, 03:50   #402
BHPian

http://motoroctane.com/news/19601-ab...treaming-scoop

So PatchyBoy, looks like your scoop of Uconnect is indeed true. By the way I was hoping to get some more info' from you on the topic by now. With the car just being three days away from launch I was expecting furious activity on this thread but it just seems to be dead. Just can't wait for the 10'th of Oct'. And hoping Team-BHP gets their hands on one real quick.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 09:18   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
http://motoroctane.com/news/19601-ab...treaming-scoop

With the car just being three days away from launch I was expecting furious activity on this thread but it just seems to be dead. Just can't wait for the 10'th of Oct'. And hoping Team-BHP gets their hands on one real quick.
Same here! I'm slightly addicted to this thread and keep checking it multiple times! I was looking forward to more..
I'm looking forward to test drive the car sometime soon, but hopefully tbhp will do a first drive before that...
Old 7th October 2015, 10:38   #404
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India predicts a price tag of 9.5L ex-showroom. Nothing else new in the article though!

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...7876&type=News
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 10:55   #405
BHPian

The reason I lost interest in this thread is this. Realized that a few guys who were crying foul and badmouthing the brand here are spreading the information I shared here and singing praises elsewhere. So, I felt it is best to wait for the car to be launched, so everyone can go check for themselves. No point in creating an ambience for a keyboard war here. After all, I have no intentions of buying this car anyway.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks