Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 12:33   #436
BHPian

re: A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!

Thanks Vik. Even if the numbers wobble a bit here and there, the Fiat seems to be standing out of the crowd. Love this!

I had asked the question about the matte grey + orange combination. Any idea if they are still persisting with denying us that color combination?
Old 10th October 2015, 15:14   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

P.S - With an astounding 0-100km/hr time of 8.8secs, I am very confident that FIAT has conquered the notchy Gearbox on EVO Abarth.
8.8 seconds which, is company claimed, are made under controlled conditions with a lightweight driver and just about enough fuel. Not that there's anything wrong in it, everybody else arrives at their respective numbers the same way. Of course we mortals will only be hovering between 9.5 and 10 seconds. By the way Overdrive managed 9.3 seconds. But my point is that the gearbox is the same from Linea T-jet. Even the ratios are same. I don't think they have done anything to the gearbox. I highly doubt if Fiat has made any improvement.

Anyway, I've never had any problems with the gearbox per se apart from the throw. Too long man, too long! Somebody shared a video earlier in the thread for a short shifter. Why can't Fiat make a modification on it's own!
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 16:48   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post

8.8 seconds which, is company claimed, are made under controlled conditions with a lightweight driver and just about enough fuel. Not that there's anything wrong in it, everybody else arrives at their respective numbers the same way. Of course we mortals will only be hovering between 9.5 and 10 seconds.
Couldn't agree more with everything you have typed firstguri.

The way I look at it, at the end of the day, performance hatches are aimed at giving a Fun to Drive factor more than a Fun to Own !!

I have a strong feeling that this Italian Scorpian is going to give loads of the Former Factor.

Quote:

Anyway, I've never had any problems with the gearbox per se apart from the throw. Too long man, too long!
So from what I understand, the throw is the issue, which is most likely going to be an achilles heel in the Evo Abarth.

What this also means, is if FIAT can somehow sort this out, are we looking at a 0-100 km/hr of under 8 secs from a mainstream Indian Hatch??
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 16:32   #439
Senior - BHPian

Some latest pics of the production avatar.

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-img20151011wa0018.jpg

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-img20151011wa0019.jpg

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-img20151011wa0020.jpg

A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-img20151011wa0021.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2015 at 07:18. Reason: Correcting image orientation
DRIV3R is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 17:20   #440
BHPian

The red is a bit a tad too loud for my personal taste.
Just need to remove the red stickers front bumpers and have a carbon fibre wrap around front fogs and the back reflectors and also the side-view mirrors and we have a much sobre and meaner looking machine.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 17:27   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a black Abarth with test plates on WEH last night around 10PM.
Very subtle - and would have missed my attention were it not for the garish red stickering!

The way it was handling the undulations and bumps on the road without any fuss was very reassuring!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 17:28   #442
BHPian

Good thing they lost the chrome in favour of the red colour. Even if there is a slight over dose of red (nothing that can't be removed), the car is stunning in black.

Waiting eagerly for the TD. Was looking at the GT TSI, but this machine is really tempting.

Now, Just imagine what this would be with blackened fog lamp and reversing lamp surrounds, lower springs, an after market exhaust and a rear diffuser with a twin chrome tail pipes!.

Cant wait to see the white colour. The red stripe thru the middle definitely needs to go, probably a tiny wheel arch extender in black (like the GP abarth supersport) and wow!

Way to go FIAT India!

Last edited by differential : 11th October 2015 at 17:33.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 17:53   #443
Senior - BHPian

Got this on a WhatsApp group; unsure about the source.

Name:  ForumRunner_20151011_175312.png
Views: 3914
Size:  555.4 KB
schakravarthy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 22:01   #444
BHPian

Ah! The elusive white. Looks good from the side. I don't know if it's just me, but the red stripe at the rear kind of looks tacky. Might be even mistaken for one of those vehicles belonging to the emergency services.

The abarth logo looks like a hole in the boot.

Fiat have a good product on their hands, hope they don't go overboard trying to do fancy stuff.

Eagerly awaiting updates and the first drive impressions after launch.
Old 11th October 2015, 23:54   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Got this on a WhatsApp group; unsure about the source.

Attachment 1425751
I was about to post this

It was captured by a Team Fiat Moto Club user near Lonavala and present in their FB page.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 02:47   #446
BHPian

Did anyone notice a slight difference in the alloy wheel design! The wheels on the car showcased at BIC had slight cuts next to where the the spokes met the outer periphery. The car here doesn't seem to have those. Pity!

At BIC

The production version car pictured here

The cuts added to overall oomph factor no matter how small. Really sad the production version loses it.

Last edited by firstguri : 12th October 2015 at 02:56.
firstguri is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 10:29   #447
BHPian

I quite like it without the cuts... quite seamless and sleek.
On another note, is there anyway of saying if the massive wheel arch gap is reduced?
Old 12th October 2015, 10:59   #448
BHPian

Caught this while coming to office today. The car must have been going to the dealership, or must be their TD car. Notice the different alloys here. Could it be that there will be two variants for the car?
Attached Thumbnails
A Close Look: Fiat Punto Abarth. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 9.95 lakhs!-1444627703726.jpg  

prashant316 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:15   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post

Caught this while coming to office today.

Notice the different alloys here. Could it be that there will be two variants for the car?
Great click prashant316 and yes your guess could well be right

Additionally, I also see the regular chrome inserts at the rear that is quite different from the red ones seen on version posted by DRIV3R

So, FIAT may well surprise everybody by launching an 'Emotion' & 'Emotion Plus' sort of versions on the Abarth Punto.

If this happens, probably the base price of about 10 lks (ex showroom) may well be for real.
Old 12th October 2015, 13:39   #450
BHPian

The alloys in the above pic resemble the alloys on the Punto sport, also there are chrome inserts on the bumper, looks like either there are more than 1 variant or maybe its just a dressed up Punto sport.

On a side note I just called the guys at Torque Fiat - Gurgaon to inquire if they would display and offer test drives for the Abarth Punto, the salesperson responded in the affirmative, I am happy that I wouldn't need to go to the fiat cafe in Delhi.

I also asked if the car had arrived at their yard and if I may drop by for just a look, he mentioned the car is yet to arrive. He also stated that the ex showroom price is 9,50,000 /- and urged me to book.
noo.b is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks