Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 16:25   #1
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore

The Mercedes-AMG s 63 sedan has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 2.53 crore (ex-showroom, Bangalore). This is the company's ninth AMG offering in India.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-picture-3.jpg

The S 63 is based on the S-Class sedan. It comes with restyled bumpers, 19-inch AMG 10-spoke alloy wheels, AMG badges and a quad-exhaust system which distinguish it from the regular S-Class sedan.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-picture-1-1.jpg

The S 63 is powered by a 5,461 cc, twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine that produces 577 BHP and 900 Nm of torque. It is mated to a 7-speed automatic gearbox. Mercedes claims that the car can hit 100 kph from a standstill in 4.4 seconds and reach an electronically limited top speed of 250 kph.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-picture-2-1.jpg

On the inside, it gets AMG door sills, an AMG instrument cluster, electrically adjustable AMG seats for the driver and front passenger with memory function, a 3-spoke, Nappa leather-wrapped AMG sports steering wheel and aluminium gearshift paddles, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and analogue clock among other features.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-picture-4.jpg

Mercedes has equipped the S 63 with its Magic Body Control suspension system, which detects road conditions and adjusts the suspension accordingly. Comfort and Sport modes have been provided so that the driver can adjust the suspension and steering manually. Other features include a head-up display, night view assist plus, seat comfort package and COMAND Online. A 1,540W Burmester 3D surround sound system is optional.

Customers can customise their Mercedes-AMG S 63 using the newly-launched 'Designo' platform. They have the choice of selecting from a number of combinations of exterior colours, interior upholstery and design trim elements. Performance and comfort features can also be added.
Aditya is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 19:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore

What a stunner. Mercs' styling gets me every single time. Oh how I wish life could be; Me in this beauty and flaunting her to everyone I meet. V8 twin-turbocharged. 500 BHP, 900 NM torque. *Drools*

The electronic speed limitations bugs me though.
Old 11th August 2015, 21:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Had said this before and going to say it again because I can't digest how it Costs 1.2cr more than the S500 and is only 0.1seconds faster!
Performance junkies would rather get a S500 and get an AMG kit on it to make it look sportier for one tenth the price.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 21:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Customers can customise their Mercedes-AMG S 63 using the newly-launched 'Designo' platform. They have the choice of selecting from a number of combinations of exterior colours, interior upholstery and design trim elements. Performance and comfort features can also be added.
Designo offering is there with most of their large dealerships for a long time. Only, they're making it official now. Designo label is only for paint, leather and interior trim and I don't think they offer any performance/comfort add on under Designo label.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Had said this before and going to say it again because I can't digest how it Costs 1.2cr more than the S500 and is only 0.1seconds faster!
An AMG tagged car is roughly double the price of their standard version. It's always the case with Mercedes in India.
Old 12th August 2015, 03:19   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
An AMG tagged car is roughly double the price of their standard version. It's always the case with Mercedes in India.
Agreed but they were also significantly faster . However, with the current state of engine tunes, this time around the price difference is significant whereas the performance enhancement is insignificant.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 12:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG launched in India

Mercedes-Benz India launched the Mercedes S63 AMG at 2.53Cr ex-showroom Bengaluru.

I was very fortunate to be invited for the launch of the new W222 S63AMG in India. I would like to thank Mercedes-India and Mercedes-Benz Bengaluru for inviting me for the nationwide launch. Star of the show the S63AMG was neatly dressed in white and looked stunning .

About the car :

The S63 AMG comes with a 5.5 Litre V8 Twin-turbo engine producing about 557HP .

The 0-100Kmph time on this is about 3,9s which is extremely quick for a car that size.

It was a great evening hosted by Mercedes-Benz at the AMG Centre here in Bengaluru.

The other stunning cars present at the AMG Centre were : G63 AMGs , E63AMG , GL63 AMG , GLA45 AMG and of course the star of the evening the S63 AMG.

Now for some pictures.

Mods please merge , if any similar thread exists.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-img20150811wa0014.jpg  

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-img20150811wa0025.jpg  

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-page.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 20:00   #7
BHPian

Wonder what would be the prices of the S65 AMG with the 6 litre Bi-Turbo V12, if it were ever launched in India.

Quote:
The S63 is faster than the S500 by about 0.4 seconds in 0-100kph runs.

Quote:
Performance junkies would rather get a S500 and get an AMG kit on it to make it look sportier for one tenth the price.
It's not just about acceleration. The S63's power is controlled by an AMG 7-speed sports transmission system. It also has AMG sports suspension along with composite brake discs. Just slapping a bigger engine in a car doesn't make it a performance car. It must also be capable of handling and braking like a performance car.
charlessuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 21:57   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessuresh View Post

The S63 is faster than the S500 by about 0.4 seconds in 0-100kph runs.
My comment was based on the opening post on the thread that stated the 0 to 100 is 4.4 seconds
Old 17th January 2019, 14:35   #9
BHPian

Here is a picture of my S63, its by far the craziest car I've owned. This one is at around 700bhp and 950NM torque. Its got tons of carbon parts and other stuff on it. Extremely practical and usable even in a crowded city like New York.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan launched in India at Rs. 2.53 crore-amg.png

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th January 2019 at 15:04. Reason: Minor edit.
yash2424 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 20:22   #10
BHPian

Even this eye-watering price could be just a fraction of the petrol cost the buyer is going to spend with such a powerful engine

On a more serious note, a 7-speed auto gearbox is rather underwhelming. Cars that cost less than half the price have an 8-speed or 9-speed automatics.
Old 17th January 2019, 21:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Even this eye-watering price could be just a fraction of the petrol cost the buyer is going to spend with such a powerful engine

On a more serious note, a 7-speed auto gearbox is rather underwhelming. Cars that cost less than half the price have an 8-speed or 9-speed automatics.
Probably the AMG 7 speed gearbox is the only one that can handle the huge amount of power and torque that engine generates along with the loads associated with lugging around a barge like this.

Maybe the 9 speed will spend too much time hunting for gears and slow down acceleration
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks