Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 20:50   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Yes, have checked the website it's nothing but a waste of time. Haven't called the Dealer yet but based on my previous calls regarding other parts I'm not optimistic on sourcing it from them.
Any other source ?
I can see the front disc rotors on the website. Do you need the front or rear rotors?

Your dealer may hesitate to do an OTC sale of rotors. If you give him the car then it's a different attitude altogether. I am sure there would be far more cooperation.

Forget the extra cost, nothing's more important than safety - of you & your passengers. I wouldn't advise fitting substitutes on something as critical as brake parts unless there's a an assurance of the same or better level of braking performance.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I can see the front disc rotors on the website. Do you need the front or rear rotors?

Your dealer may hesitate to do an OTC sale of rotors. If you give him the car then it's a different attitude altogether. I am sure there would be far more cooperation.

Forget the extra cost, nothing's more important than safety - of you & your passengers. I wouldn't advise fitting substitutes on something as critical as brake parts unless there's a an assurance of the same or better level of braking performance.
Haha no the thing is I want to do it myself.
I'm just waiting to source the original Toyota part.
I definitely won't compromise on the brakes though.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:39   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Haha no the thing is I want to do it myself.
I'm just waiting to source the original Toyota part. I definitely won't compromise on the brakes though.
Wow! If you're planning on doing a DIY, could you please share the process with pics on the DIY thread? It'll be of interest to other owners here. I am a DIYer but don't have all the required tools to perform any 'heavy' work and leave it to the dealer.

Good luck with your project.
Old 26th March 2016, 21:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Wow! If you're planning on doing a DIY, could you please share the process with pics on the DIY thread? It'll be of interest to other owners here. I am a DIYer but don't have all the required tools to perform any 'heavy' work and leave it to the dealer.

Good luck with your project.
Sure.
I'll definitely post whatever I can click
Thank you
Old 24th September 2016, 11:18   #35
BHPian

Guys, I need to replace my 2009 Altis VL AT's rear brake pads. The brake pads on toyota genuine parts website is freakishly expensive at 8000 bucks!! And this isn't a surprise since I am well aware of how expensive spare parts are when you buy them from Toyota!

I checked on motrpart website and I found these brembo brake pads.

http://www.motrpart.in/d/19768/bremb...rear-brake-pad

I'm not sure if this is the right pair so any feedback would be highly appreciated. Any other source for rear brake pads? Bosch?

I can pick them up from Mumbai or Pune so do let me know.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:53   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota India launches online portal for spare parts & accessories - ToyotaPartsConnect!

Toyota Kirloskar Motor, the Indian arm of the Japanese auto giant, Toyota Motor Corporation, has launched an online website to retail and distribute genuine spare parts and accessories directly to the distributors and customers.

Called ToyotaPartsConnect, this is the first time such a step has been taken by an auto company to support it's spare part distributors and customers on a common online platform.

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled.jpg

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled2.jpg

Spare parts for cars from as early as the MY2000 Qualis SUV are available on the portal.

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled3.jpg

Customers and distributors can now track their orders online through the ToyotaPartsConnect website, during the estimated delivery time which is given as between 2-3 business days.

If an order is cancelled, the entire amount is refunded within 7 business days of the cancellation claim.

All major credit/debit cards are accepted as payment modes. Customers can also use their Net Banking portals to place orders. No COD (Cash on Delivery) option has been introduced yet.

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled4.jpg

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled5.jpg

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled6.jpg

All Toyota genuine spare parts come with a 6 months/10,000 kms warranty, whichever is earlier.

Dedicated customer care number - 1800 425 0001
Email - voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:07   #37
BHPian

Re: Toyota India launches online portal for spare parts & accessories - ToyotaPartsConnect!

Good start by Toyota.

In fact, this service is there from more than a year now (as I have known) and till now they were only shipping for Bangalore locations as a pilot project and now extended to other cities too.

In one of the other thread discussion, Vid mentioned that the details and prices updated in the website is wrong. This was for wiper blades, not sure for others.

Quoting this from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't bother with that site. It's junk. Photos are wrong. Details are wrong and even prices are wrong!!

Just go to dealer. Size I can tell you by evening but you just need to get the rubber insert from dealer.
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 13:57   #38
BHPian

Re: Toyota India launches online portal for spare parts & accessories - ToyotaPartsConnect!

Excellent step by Toyota!! Manufacturers must make spared accessible to consumers directly. I am still waiting for day when Honda will make spares accessible to over the counter.
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:26   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Official Press Release:

Toyota plans online sale of spare parts in India. EDIT: Now launched-untitled.jpg

Most Viewed