Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 11:15   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Thanks for the detailed pix ( and for mentioning its for TBHP )

My comments inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
So here are the pics (and a couple of videos) I captured during my inspection of the Car at the dealer Stockyard:

Variant - EX Diesel Auto (Sienna Brown)

Since there are too many pics, I am sharing a link to the shared album on Google Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V1or27uK9kvIik2l1

5. Tail-lights have the new look but misses out on LEDs on EX. Car would have looked so much better if all 3 sections in the tail-light lit up.

// Someone will come up with LED or so accessory soon.

7. EX and SX miss out on the MID which is present on the top-variant. Correspondingly, the steering controls for MID are different too. The MID however is decent enough (though not as good as on SX(O)).

// Does this mean it wont so the FE details?

8. The 5" Head-unit looks really bad in the pics. In real, it is probably not so bad - but the grey bezels look totally out of place and cheap. I would be upgrading to an after-market unit soon.

// Earlier pix that was shared here did make it look bad. This looks decent.

10. Audio sounded pretty good to my ears (bass was pretty good). I am more than happy with the default speaker setup. Din't get to try iBlue App or Arkamys sound options (since it was disabled when playing Radio I guess)

// Do recheck. It has to have Arkamys.
I might TD the petrol Auto today. Will update once I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ecopia is a budget tyre. Should be hard compound, less grip but longer lasting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ese-tyres.html
The Hankook tyres performed very well when I had TD'd with others (else I would have suggested that one change those after buying the car)

Last edited by jkdas : 7th September 2017 at 11:17.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:20   #812
BHPian

Looks like they will not change the tyres and seems for every 50 cars produced from the factory they change the tyres to different brand.

@pathik. Did u check what brand of tyres did your car wore?

They car perse looks fantastic in its own unique colour Flame orange. Have checked everything else. Car has run 22k on the odo. The fit and finish of the car is amazing actually. No irregular panel gaps as far as i can see. Boot and Bonnet both has a good cladding.

My only grouse are these tyres and it looks like i can do nothing about it by pushing from dealers end. If they are decent enough and balanced in terms of durability and comfort it should be ok. The spare tyre is not a alloy. Have confirmed the VIN and engine number. No dings or odd paint job visualised. Engine bay looks clean. Looks like it is all set for its long journey with me.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504763257741.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504763280163.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504763299295.jpg
drashkum is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 11:20   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Does this mean it wont so the FE details?
It shows FE and even Instantaneous FE. There's a small video I captured showing the MID:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FEURjbd1AzHS6rmG2

Quote:
Do recheck. It has to have Arkamys.
It definitely showed me the Arkamys Sound options in Setup, but it was disabled when I was playing Radio (FM). I am wondering if it's only supported when playing media from AUX / USB etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
@pathik. Did u check what brand of tyres did your car wore?
Congratulations! The car looks sexy in Orange. My car comes with Ceat SecuraDrive tyres which I believe are sold primarily in Italy or Finland and are exported from India. I am trying to find some reviews or details online but I guess just like you I don't get a choice in which tyres I get.

This is the info I found online (Google translate helped)
Quote:
CEAT SecuraDrive has been developed to provide the best possible wet grip, good driving characteristics and maintain a low noise level.
Its class is an excellent choice against water splash.
Btw, I, too, am taking the delivery tomorrow.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th September 2017 at 13:25. Reason: Merged
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 12:18   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
I was told by the dealer that ARAI certificate is not released by Hyundai yet for the Verna so RTO registration cannot be started. How true is this? Anyone got the car registered yet?

Guess its related to this here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ched-cars.html
I got some what similar updates from my SA at Trident, that the vehicle details are still not available in the RTO portal . To support his argument even the test drive vehicle was not registered until 5th Sep, ie about 15 days since launch. Anyone in Bangalore got delivery yet and got the car registered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ecopia is a budget tyre. Should be hard compound, less grip but longer lasting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ese-tyres.html
Is there any pros/cons in upsizing to 205/55-16? Which is a good tyre brand/model that provides balanced wet/dry performance and less noise?

Quote:
It shows FE and even Instantaneous FE.
Does the MID show indication for door ajar for respective doors?
Old 7th September 2017, 12:27   #815
BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504767333854.jpg

The unladen kerb weight listed for Diesel Sx0 Manual Nex Gen Verna in Form 20 for RTO process is 1228kgs. It may be 1150kg for petrol as listed by someone else before.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 12:39   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I am not sure about this. I will have to check this once I take the delivery tomorrow.
Old 7th September 2017, 14:07   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Doing PDI of My car. It doesn't have Hankook tyres. Comes with Bridgestone ecopia ep150 tyres. Do i have to tell them that i need Hankook or are these ok?
Hankook Kinergy > BS ecopia > BS B250(as in old Vernas).
These BS tires are harder, so expect longer durability, high noise and not so great wet grip.
Old 7th September 2017, 14:34   #818
BHPian

Quote:
So here are the pics (and a couple of videos) I captured during my inspection of the Car at the dealer Stockyard:

Variant - EX Diesel Auto (Sienna Brown)

Since there are too many pics, I am sharing a link to the shared album on Google Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V1or27uK9kvIik2l1
Thank you for sharing the detailed pictures, and congratulations for the new Verna. Few observations:
  • The car looks good with halogens too, but Projector headlamps would have made EX a no-brainer VFM choice (Opinions may differ)
  • Hyundai got a new key design even for the flippy key apart from the smartkey. Quite good from design perspective, and is far better than the uglier curvy and specially chocolate brown color smartkeys on Creta and Elantra. Looked hideous on my reference book. Looks like the key design has taken a mature Fluidic 2.0 approach.
  • Two flippy keys even on flippy keys / mid variant. Welcome addition again.
  • Steering wheel is chunky but from the looks of it, appears to be hard material. I wish the other way round.
  • Rear 3 quarters are the best angle to view the car.
  • Smaller alloys will result in a comfortable ride quality than the SX.
  • Been in a Fluidic Verna facelift (the pre-4S version) and three people with 'slight-more-than-average' built sitting on the rear seat was quite a squeeze. I hope this is sorted out since the car looks wider.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 15:55   #819
BHPian

Here's the official accessories list for the Verna.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-screen-shot-20170907-3.54.21-pm.png  

pathik is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 19:21   #820
BHPian

Quote:
The car does look droolworthy in this shade! I like how the same car changes its form of perception when viewed in different colors back to back. In case of Verna, the Orange and Black colors make it taste two extreme ends of choices
Old 7th September 2017, 19:40   #821
BHPian

Well, I guess the upgrade bug bit me (not sure though it is an upgrade) and I went ahead and booked the new Verna Petrol MT SX(O) in white. I sold off my pristine ecosport ecoboost @5 lacs today after 4 years.
The dealer had this in stock so I will be doing the PDI on 12 Sep and hopefully get the delivery by 19 Sep. I could negotiate on the insurance price and took off close to 9K from the original quote (initially quoted 52k now down to 43k). No other discounts. The SA told that foot mats, mud flaps, perfume, etc are offered as freebies from them, although I suspect this is included in the price these days
Old 7th September 2017, 20:57   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post
The car does look droolworthy in this shade! I like how the same car changes its form of perception when viewed in different colors back to back. In case of Verna, the Orange and Black colors make it taste two extreme ends of choices
Yeah some shades look great in some cars. All my family members wanted me to get a sienna brown. They still don't know that i have booked a Flame 🔥 Orange. They are going on asking me what colour i have booked, especially my wife. I have kept is as a suspense and have told them that my son will reveal the colour tomorrow when he removes the satin cover and ribbon on the car. I have even told my SA to keep it as a secret and help me in shocking them tomorrow with my colour choice. Anyhow i am sure my 2 year old son will love this colour as orange is his favourite.
Old 8th September 2017, 13:28   #823
BHPian

The Big day is here. Got a message that car is registered in RTO with its number. Went for a preliminary check today morning. All good. The AutoLink doesn't work. It seems the mobile number has to be registered with VIN of the car which will be done at delivery time.

The spare tyre is not a 195/55 R16 Bridgestone but it is a Ceat secura 185/65 R15. It is a deliberate ploy not to use spare tyre for long by Hyundai for proper rotation and balancing.

Can someone else too confirm the down sizing of spare

A few last pictures

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857151796.jpg
Engine bay

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857164482.jpg
The LED DRL is not Auto on. It has to be switched on

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857189401.jpg
Spare tyre the sore point

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857209363.jpg
Specs of spare a sore Point too

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857225377.jpg
Keys

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857245707.jpg
The boot mat has a hook too

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504857264169.jpg
Finally a black car for t-bhpians to have a look at.

Last edited by drashkum : 8th September 2017 at 13:32.
drashkum is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 14:18   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
New Verna Spied in Fiery Red Colour by IAB Reader
Reminds me of Accent Viva!

Attachment 1667275Attachment 1667276Attachment 1667277Attachment 1667278
I think this is the Flame Orange color and not fiery red. The red color looks more maroonish.
Old 8th September 2017, 15:01   #825
BHPian

I have taken the delivery too. Will share pics shortly. Took a short drive - mainly in City. But was on highway for about 6-7 kms and I must say, I absolutely love the acceleration on this thing. Within no time, I reached 100 kmph and it sure brought a big, wide grin on my face (and was almost immediately shot down by my wife to keep the speed in check )

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Nope. There is a generic indicator on EX for door open and another one for Trunk open. I would have loved if it was graphical like on top-end.

Last edited by pathik : 8th September 2017 at 15:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks