Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2017, 18:48   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
I am actually waiting for the launch eagerly, as i am in market for a AT sedan for city drive. I am so surprised that with the launch on Aug 22, there are no spy shots or leaks. I really hope we get some info in the coming days
Being the owner of a 2012 Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi SX (O), I would look at the Volkswagen Vento instead if I were in the market for a sedan right now. For all its features, and even with the absolute gem of an engine, the driving dynamics of the car are quite poor and it isn't confidence inspiring at high speeds. The seats are also set very low and can be a pain for the tall and the elderly, particularly in the rear.
aryayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 19:08   #182
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

The 1.6 CRDi of Hyundai is easily the best diesel engine with linear power delivery and 260 Nm torque for most of the usable driving range. Hyundai should get the driving dynamics right in the facelift in August. It will be interesting to see a test drive from one of the long term owners of the old Verna so that we see if Hyundai finally moved the needle on the driving dynamics. It is the driving dynamics and price that have kept these significantly behind the City and the Ciaz (Ciaz is not a driver's car though)

The vento 2.0 engine is very noisy and nowhere as refined as the Hyundai Verna
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Being the owner of a 2012 Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi SX (O), I would look at the Volkswagen Vento instead if I were in the market for a sedan right now. For all its features, and even with the absolute gem of an engine, the driving dynamics of the car are quite poor and it isn't confidence inspiring at high speeds. The seats are also set very low and can be a pain for the tall and the elderly, particularly in the rear.
They need to sort out the driving dynamics and get the pricing right. The driving dynamics if improved have to be marketed well. Else, no point

Price-wise the 1.6 CRDi is very expensive and puts it in the space of the City or even higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Amazingly, I didn't even know it's going to launch on 22nd Aug. Haven't seen a single advertisement or mention anywhere. Even the struggling brands like Fiat and Tata have created great hype for Compass and Nexon. Seems like our 2nd largest seller in the country needs a wake up call. I wonder if they are really serious in giving competition to Honda City and Ciaz. At the moment doesn't looks that way.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 23:49   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Wow!!!This thread has indeed gone quiet. The launch is scheduled for 22nd of August and I see nobody talking about the feature set or the expected launch price. Clearly shows how much the launch is being looked forward to. Perhaps Hyundai marketing team should do something to ensure that there is some sort of build up to the launch. Perhaps some sort of Media launch?
I agree. Perhaps a media launch would be an overkill since this is not a brand new car and just a new generation. Personally, I am disappointed with the lack of hype and with no "leaks" regarding different trims and features, pricing etc. Hopefully we start seeing it from next week.
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:35   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Im not too bothered about the high speeds as the car AT version i want to buy is only for city drive. Given the unreliability of DQ200 DSG in vento i would be better off to buy a 6 speed AT if verna gets than the vento
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 16:16   #185
BHPian

Quote:
It is unfair to compare a 2012 Verna with a 2017 Vento. While I am not a big fan of Hyundai, I think the driving dynamics aspect for Verna was sorted out to a significant extent in its 2015 mid-life face-lift. Drive it. The only point I agree about Verna is the pain for the elderly to step out. With slightly longer wheel base, that should hopefully be alleviated a bit.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 09:48   #186
BHPian

The last generation verna had a lot of bells and whistles as hyundai always load their cars to make them vfm. But the big let down was the crampy interior when compared to roomy citys and ciazs. I really keep my fingers crossed that hyundai delivers a topnotch competition worthy verna this time around.
Old 1st August 2017, 20:21   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Bringing you yet another Team-BHP Exclusive - the all-new 2017 Verna's spyshots!

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-frontw.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-rear-light1w.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-rear-light2w.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-dimensionsw.jpgThe 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-specsw.jpg

Thanks to my birdies for these.
RavenAvi is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:42   #188
Team-BHP Support

Still retains the 4 speed AT!

From the exteriors and specs - it hardly differs from the earlier model to be considered as anything more than a facelift.

Hopefully the interiors, features and ride qualities change significantly as compared to earlier. Else the Verna is pretty much a sitting duck on arrival itself.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 20:51   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Bringing you yet another Team-BHP Exclusive - the all-new 2017 Verna's spyshots!
Thank you RavenAvi for sharing these updates

I think the only considerable update that I can see there is the 'Elantra Blue' shade, and possible Bi-xenon HID(?) there.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:06   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Still retains the 4 speed AT!

From the exteriors and specs - it hardly differs from the earlier model to be considered as anything more than a facelift.

Hopefully the interiors, features and ride qualities change significantly as compared to earlier. Else the Verna is pretty much a sitting duck on arrival itself.
Yes, Exteriors don't look all that new compared to Pre Facelift Verna, only the Grille is different. This might be deal-breaker for those who wanted different design.

Interiors are new, expect good features like before but expect those only on Top Spec trim & on Petrol AT or Diesel MT models. Stupid Hyundai.

Only the good pricing will make this sell, otherwise it's still City & Ciaz that are the better packages in the Segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Thank you RavenAvi for sharing these updates

I think the only considerable update that I can see there is the 'Elantra Blue' shade, and possible Bi-xenon HID(?) there.
That Marine Blue Shade is available on almost all cars these days. Doesn't look All New.

I was considering this one due to its Diesel AT combo, but Hyundai are continuing the same 4 Speed AT. So, New Verna is out of contention until next upgrade/generation change.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 21:14   #191
BHPian

Disappointed that the AT is only 4 speed again. Hopefully the pricing is competitive else all the wait I have been doing will be a big waste. I might even decide to go ahead with manual option. I am hoping the new generation improves on the low seating issue.
Old 1st August 2017, 21:38   #192
BHPian

I somehow get a feeling that Hyundai has taken Indian consumers for granted and probably it all started with the success of Creta.

Creta - Messed up variants (read no choice of auto in top end), unjustified premium pricing

Elantra - Again messed up variants, this time with the manual! Same engine as a product 1 full segment below

Tucson- Too high a premium and omission of features expected for a 30L car.

Now with the Verna, there is hardly anything new or gamechanging aspect. Thoroughly disappointed and hope market makes it a sales dud!
Old 1st August 2017, 23:12   #193
BHPian

Oh no!! What a huge disappointment. Still a 4 speed AT? If those details turn out to be true it could very well be a case of dead on arrival.
Old 1st August 2017, 23:38   #194
BHPian

Got a message from my dealer from whom I picked up the i20 last year. Booking for the new Verna are open. Sample advertisement to be released on 4th.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-verna.jpg  

invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 00:02   #195
BHPian

Few companies show as much of an open disdain for automatics, and automatic seeking customers, as Hyundai does. It offers the automatic option in one trim (or several) below the topmost variant and prices it atrociously, and to top it all, does not even make it available for test drives.

No surprise then that it does not sell, which the company then uses as an excuse to pay even less attention to its automatic products. The upcoming Verna, with its pathetic four-speed automatic transmission from seven years ago (most likely on one of the poorly equipped trims), is yet another case in point.

Fine, Hyundai, have it your way. We'll shop elsewhere.

Last edited by aryayush : 2nd August 2017 at 00:04.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks