Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:40   #211
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Haha. Engine and Transmission are core of the strategic decisions that the high level management make before they decide to even test the vehicle. Is it possible to change the core decision at the last minute?

I don't think he meant "change" in the sense that the specs would be changed by Hyundai. Just that the information that they have received through a birdie may not be 100% and that piece of information might change.
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:07   #212
BHPian

Hyundai has really guarded the new Verna well. Apart from the scoop from RavenAvi, there is very less info and 'scoops' available online about the Verna. Most of the pictures we have are from Russia and China launches.
So I do hope Hyundai rewards the Indian customer after the suspense period. They have their work cut out. The best selling models, Ciaz and City should be bench-marked and beaten. But, going by the recent trends of Hyundai launches, we may have the following variants from them:

All variants to have dual airbags.

Petrol
1.4 Base (Manual)
1.6 S (Manual)
1.6 SX (Manual / 6 speed AT) + ABS and EBD
1.6 SX(O) (Manual / 6 speed AT) + ABS. This variant will be filled to the brim with features including 6 airbags, sunroof, AVN et al.

Diesel
1.4 Base (Manual)
1.6 S (Manual) + ABS
1.6 SX(O) (Manual) + ABS. This variant will be filled to the brim with features including 6 airbags, sunroof, AVN et al.

Okay, so much for speculations. Let us wait and watch what Hyundai has on its mind this time around.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:16   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Diesel
1.4 Base (Manual)
1.6 S (Manual) + ABS
1.6 SX(O) (Manual) + ABS. This variant will be filled to the brim with features including 6 airbags, sunroof, AVN et al.
While we are speculating, I just hope they launch the Diesel AT in '1.6 S' variant as well (considering the current-gen has it).
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:33   #214
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, Hyundai is working pretty hard on this launch, literally. Insider information: Their engineers are working double shifts with only 6-7 hours off per day. And yes, they're allowed to sleep at work if necessary.

I must say, pricing is critical. With the lucrative pricing of the Jeep Compass, anything close to that is suicidal. Let's hope the ride and handling package is at par with the segment standards. Else that 126bhp engine will continue to remain under utilised.
Turbohead is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:03   #215
BHPian

While I am delighted to hear that Hyundai might introduce the 6 speed AT in the new Verna, I hope that they don't kill the SX(O) AT variant that is available on the current gen. With very limited fully loaded AT diesel cars around, Verna SX(O) AT could be a very good option with its comprehensive safety kit and 6 speed AT.
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:05   #216
BHPian

Hyundai must give options in 1.4 variant also to compete with ciaz and for city pricing is the crux. Provided other parameters like ride and handling are sorted..
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:32   #217
Senior - BHPian

It doesnt have the 'WOW' factor of the previous generation and the only way it would be able to compete is if it has the best of everything in the segment. The 4 speed AT is the worst start they can make. In cricketing terms its 30/4 chasing 350 !
Old 2nd August 2017, 22:56   #218
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, it has to be the 6 speed AT on the 1.6 Diesel.

When Creta gets it, why wouldn't Hyundai equip the new Verna with it?? I am also expecting it be heavily loaded with features.

After all, the sedan needs all the help it can get to fight City, Ciaz and the UV brigade.

And I think the front end looks much better than the face-lifted Xcent.
Old 3rd August 2017, 00:17   #219
BHPian

Dont know why, but the front grille design looks ugly to me, same with the Xcent as well. Creta like grill would have made it look stronger, kinda droopy now.
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:24   #220
BHPian

Just now I got the following message from Trident Hyundai in Bangalore.
"Booking open for The next Gen Verna. Launch on 21st Aug. Dynamic performance, super safety, loaded with advanced technology & Feature."

So the launch is on 21st Aug and they have already started booking.
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:57   #221
BHPian

Big news the launch of Verna is on 22nd of August confirmed from very reliable source. 6 speed AT confirmed , AT in topend both petrol and diesel versions With 6 Airbags in topend, Diamond cut alloys, Android Auto Apple car play, Sunroof, Rear A/C vents, Projector lamps with DRLs and behold the First in segment Ventilated seats.

Booking started with 25k as booking amount
drashkum is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Big news the launch of Verna is on 22nd of August confirmed from very reliable source. 6 speed AT confirmed , AT in topend both petrol and diesel versions With 6 Airbags in topend, Diamond cut alloys, Android Auto Apple car play, Sunroof, Rear A/C vents, Projector lamps with DRLs and behold the First in segment Ventilated seats.

Do you mean AT option ONLY in the top-end variants? I am really hoping for an AT option in mid-variant (the 1.6 S in the current-gen)
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:22   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Seems that my prophecy made in the Elantra thread is going to come true !

Quote:
Also - some of these features, alongwith the design philosophy, should make their way to the new Verna - Hyundai has got to a weak position in that segment and needs a shot in the arm.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4083324
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:50   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Do you mean AT option ONLY in the top-end variants? I am really hoping for an AT option in mid-variant (the 1.6 S in the current-gen)
I am not sure of that since i am looking to book a top end version.

To quote his words he said
" Sir, there is a AT in both top ends and Top end petrol will be loaded" . Does that mean sx(o) in petrol and only sx in diesel with AT to control the cost?. We have to keep guessing.
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:11   #225
BHPian

Here is a pretty clear pic of the rear. Advertising material.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img20170803wa0001.jpg  

invidious is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks