Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2017, 13:29   #301
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
But, if these prices exclude GST + cess, the all-new 2017 Verna will be coming with a real eye-watering price range!

Assuming that the prices above don't include GST + cess, then the final prices might be:

1.6L PETROL

E : 9,91,213/-
EX : 11,07,024/-
EX AT : 12,45,374/-
SX : 11,90,034/-
SX (O) : 13,41,578/-
SX (O) AT: 14,79,928/-

1.6L DIESEL

E : 11,40,936/-
EX : 12,56,332/-
EX AT : 13,95,286/-
SX : 13,40,993/-
SX (O) : 14,91,909/-
SX+ AT : 15,15,835/-
Thanks for sharing the info. Current gen 1.6 SX(O) Diesel costs around 12 lakhs ex-showroom. The new gen might be similarly priced or marginally higher, but I don't think Hyundai would price it close to 15 lakhs at a 3 lakh premium over the current gen. I believe 8 to 12 lakhs would be the ex showroom price range for the next gen Verna.

Even the more successful Creta 1.6 SX(O) retails at under 14 lakhs ex-showroom and Verna is not going to priced higher than Creta IMHO.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 6th August 2017 at 13:35.
ece2k2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 14:10   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ex-showroom price, at least for SX(O) shown here are lower than the current Ex-showroom prices (from Carwale) I am not sure that's really possible. Given that they've added ventilated seats and sunroof to the upcoming facelift.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 15:08   #303
Senior - BHPian

Just in!

Spotted these test mules of the new Verna. All of them seemed to be the top variant of the diesel.

Had a horizontal slat DRL as in the elite i20, alloys seemed similar to Creta 17 inchers with a different finish.

Couldn't click the interiors as the employees were sitting inside the car!

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_7505.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_7507.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_7506.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_7509.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_7508.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 19:41   #304
BHPian

I just registered for a test drive as soon as I found out it has a six speed auto box. Might be a cheaper option to a Vento automatic. How come they haven't announced variants and pricing but they are accepting bookings online?
Old 6th August 2017, 20:49   #305
BHPian

Quote:

1.6L PETROL

1.6L DIESEL

Looks to be more in line with what YK Koo has said in the news item posted above by BHPian drashkum, about the next-gen Verna having a starting price of just below the Rs 10-lakhs mark.
The above listed price should be the GST included price i think, not the one in the picture. But if hyundai plans to take up the competition with Ciaz, i personally feel that the prices are 50k to 75k more than it should have been.

Vento TSI DSG HL+ retails at 14.9 lakh OTR but has discounts. So one can but a Top trim vento at 14.1 Lakhs on this day. Even lesser if you get the insurance quote from outside.

I honestly feel, if Verna Petrol SX(O) is priced northwards of 14. 5 L, it would make vento HL DSG TSI more value for money.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 20:56   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Here's an exclusive scoop related to the all-new, next-gen 2017 Verna - it's variant lineup (and their internal codes) and more importantly, it's pricing!!
Whats the ground clearance of the Next Gen Verna?
Old 7th August 2017, 02:18   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one, am impressed. The car hasn't even launched so sales predictions, pricing predictions etc can wait. As far as competition goes lets even assume that Verna is THE least preferred of all in the segment since there is no pleasing everybody, even then, it is better than the previous Verna in the following ways :

1) 6 Speed Auto petrol (a few petrol-fans like me do exist I hope), that 1.6 engine is among the best Hyundai has produced even with the laggy VTVT shoved into it and finally it gets the gearbox it deserves.

2) Made on Elantra platform, I was shocked when I heard it from the dealer.. a H-U-G-E step-up in terms of quality and overall refinement.

3) Sunroof, rear-a.c vents, ventilated seats, all extra from the previous version.

4) Should be definitely safer and better built than previous version.

5) Should definitely ride much, much better than the previous version.

Great job, I don't care if they sell 10 units a month.. they will sell 10 units a month of a 100% improved car from its previous generation and each of those 10 owners will feel it. It is a very well-rounded product now and even at a premium it deserves the pricing.. ALL segments across all brands are overpriced today and have been for over 1.5 years, its about time we accept the facts and not just blame one company for it.

Again, sales and numbers do not matter to us customers.. what matters is that they got the basics of the car right. Let it become a triple-digit seller like the Tucson or Elantra, that'd make it all the more exclusive. There is no displacing the City and Ciaz which play the prestige and value cards respectively, EXTREMELY well.. even I know that.
dark.knight is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 08:03   #308
Senior - BHPian

The petrol auto seems to get the full option treatment. Unlike the diesel auto, the petrol should get 6 airbags, sunroof and the ventilated seats. The diesel auto available only in SX+. Frustrati.
Expect an increase of 10% GST cess on the launch prices in a month.
Old 7th August 2017, 09:12   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I for one, am impressed. The car hasn't even launched so sales predictions, pricing predictions etc can wait.

Again, sales and numbers do not matter to us customers.. what matters is that they got the basics of the car right. Let it become a triple-digit seller like the Tucson or Elantra, that'd make it all the more exclusive. There is no displacing the City and Ciaz which play the prestige and value cards respectively, EXTREMELY well.. even I know that.
Sales number many not matter to customers. But that's the vision of Mr. KOO. He wants Hyundai to sell 4500 vernas a month and target 10000 cars before diwali. That indirectly means he is competing with ciaz and city and not targeting exclusivity here. Verna is not a niche car like Vento TSI DSG which petrol heads and enthusiasts buy. It has since introduction always been a mass market car. There is no premiumness that hyundai can command for verna as the reputation of mass market sedan as an alternative to MSILs sedan ( be it SX4 before and Ciaz now) has been built over the years. Hyundai according to the press release shared here before is clearly not launching verna here to sell in three digit numbers. That's for sure. That can be achieved only if it is priced right. Pricing it is the key factor not the bells and whistles they offer. So how much ever they get their basics right it all depends on the final barrier which is the price. They cannot afford to jack up the price at last moment like what they did for creta as when they launched creta there was little competition in the segment with only player ecosport they needed to compete against. Verna cannot have a dream run like creta if they don't get past the final hurdle.

Higher GST for SUV and Highend cars. But I don't know what the government means by high-end cars. They have to come up with more clarity here on the clause. And that can happen only after the GST council meeting in hyderabad next month. So if the car is launched this month and if people pay up full invoice before the GST ruling that can be avoided too i suppose.

After much thinking i have gone ahead to pre-book my Fully loaded AT verna pending a correct pricing and a delivery in september second week with assurance of a full refund if i don't like the price or the car after test drive to cut the long waiting period if i decide to buy a car.

But i am in two minds here. I love the new Vento DSG HL+. I had just put a temporary hold on that as well. If there is any goof up on the pricing in verna i am going to book the vento straight away.

Last edited by drashkum : 7th August 2017 at 09:15.
drashkum is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 10:06   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

OverDrive puts out its review,

Quote:
The 1.6-diesel engine of the Verna is much more refined, the interiors are dull, quite unlike any Hyundai we have seen in recent times.
Hyundai tells us they are looking to price the new Verna under the Rs 10 lakh mark, undercutting the Honda City by a few thousand rupees.
Link
Old 7th August 2017, 12:24   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
OverDrive puts out its review,

Link
I take this with pinch of salt. Not all reviews by overdrive are honest. I rather wait for team-bhp review. The review looks like it is written in frustration because they were allowed only 5 minutes with the car

I am sure teambhp guys would also have been there. But seriously is that all a 2 minutes TD that was given to you guys as well?. Companies nowadays plan a extensive drive and time with the new launch car to the media like the nexon recently. It is so baffling to see hyundai organising such a miniscule time with the new car.

Is there a review on the offing guys? Please let us know and also in what time frame.?

Last edited by drashkum : 7th August 2017 at 12:27.
Old 7th August 2017, 13:41   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Since every review includes the diesel AT version, I am not sure why the reviewers haven't pointed out the missing features on the AT variant compared to the manual (presumably top end one) they drove.
Cardekho.com reviewers did make a statement in their first drive review. This gives a brief idea on what it misses. They don't mention 6 airbags missing.

Quote:
The diesel automatic that we drove came with perforated leather seats and the electric sunroof. However it missed out on the engine Start-Stop button and the cooled front seats. This we assume to be the SX+ variant.
Link
ferrarirules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:08   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Assuming that the prices above don't include GST + cess, then the final prices might be:

1.6L PETROL

1.6L DIESEL

These prices look very unlikely. If these are indeed ex-showroom prices, then I fail to see how they are going to achieve their aggressive targets.

For comparison, these are the prices of the variants of the current-gen Verna vs the "expected" pricing above (for Diesel).

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-screen-shot-20170807-2.02.55-pm.png

And the comparison between Verna and City Pricing.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-screen-shot-20170807-2.09.51-pm.png

That's a staggering difference. I don't think Verna will be priced so high simply going by the aggressive targets they have set for themselves.

Last edited by pathik : 7th August 2017 at 14:10.
pathik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:44   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
For comparison, these are the prices of the variants of the current-gen Verna vs the "expected" pricing above (for Diesel).
The 1.4L variants stand discontinued from the next-gen Verna's lineup, so pitting the existing 1.4L base variant's pricing against a 1.6L E variant's pricing isn't proper.

All variants, from E to SX(O), will come with 1.6L engines this time. They won't get any duty benefits.

The existing Verna's 1.6L range starts from the S variant, and that is priced at around the 10 lakh mark (ex-showroom). Since there won't be an S variant this time, it's proper to line up the existing 1.6L S against the upcoming 1.6L E or EX. Add some extra features, a different, more longer platform (Elantra vs i20), build quality, etc.

Also, are all of them ex-showroom Kolkata prices?

Quote:

That's a staggering difference. I don't think Verna will be priced so high simply going by the aggressive targets they have set for themselves.
This is more closer. The top variant of the Verna is close to 13 lakh ex-showroom, and the addition of a sunroof + ventilated seats alone should cost a cool lakh rupees extra. Add a longer, wider platform (new-gen's Elantra vs existing gen's i20), more features than the existing SX(O), Hyundai's so-called "premium" positioning, and you will see that their assumed pricing would stand justified.

I would love it if they priced it any lower, though. But, going by Hyundai's premium-pricing history vis-a-vis Honda's positioning of the City, I am not too confident of dynamite, earth-shattering prices for the next-gen Verna.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th August 2017 at 15:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:49   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These prices look very unlikely. If these are indeed ex-showroom prices, then I fail to see how they are going to achieve their aggressive targets.

Attachment 1664566

Attachment 1664568

If we look at the message, we see the ex-showroom prices and probably rough OTR prices. So i guess these will be OTR prices and not ex-showroom.

I am sure Hyundai will be targeting ciaz more(for diesel sales), Honda city has its usual share of loyalists especially for its petrol and CVT models.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks