Team-BHP - The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/167169-2017-hyundai-verna-launched-8-lakhs-ex-showroom-delhi-23.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor (Post 4248675)
Doesn't VW already have a similar car in Vento 1.6 with an Autobox? I mean compared to a Verna 1.6 with a six speed autobox.

Both are without a turbo, both are 1.6 & both are six speed auto. Only Hyundai is launching it in late 2017 and VW is about to phase them out.

No VW has AT DSG only in 1.2 Turbocharged petrol TSI. No AT in 1.6 MPFI

1.6 MPFI is mated only to Manual transmission

Quote:

Originally Posted by drashkum (Post 4248644)
Chance less. I would advice you to hold on. I have booked my verna. The SA is damn sure that top end petrol AT wil be maximum 14 lakhs. I have categorically told him if it is anything more than 14.5 L im cancelling the next second. So please wait.

Let's not forget that Kia is in town. Hyundai is slowly but surely making space for Kia's entry. The idea will surely be to put Hyundai as a premium brand compared to Kia. I am expecting all new launches from Hyundai to be carrying a premium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4248697)
Let's not forget that Kia is in town. Hyundai is slowly but surely making space for Kia's entry. The idea will surely be to put Hyundai as a premium brand compared to Kia. I am expecting all new launches from Hyundai to be carrying a premium.

If that is the case they are loosing a Pre-booked Verna for sure. I will take my money back and go ahead and buy a Vento TSI. Not only me they will see a record in the number of cancellations of booking for verna.

But since their idea is to sell 4500 units of verna a month, they would be careful not to tread a unchartered path of their sedan history. So let us be positive and wait with bated breath

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4248697)

Hyundai and Kia are fierce rivals. I don't think Hyundai will leave market share to Kia that easily. I don't see VW-Skoda kind of brotherhood between the Korean siblings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane_100 (Post 4248739)
Hyundai and Kia are fierce rivals. I don't think Hyundai will leave market share to Kia that easily. I don't see VW-Skoda kind of brotherhood between the Korean siblings.

Doubt it. Why will the have fierce rivalry in house while they can look to compete against the other rivals? Their peak capacity at the moment is for 300,000 cars a year. They plan to start of with a Verna sized car and a sub compact SUV, under 4 Mtrs . Their first car is slated to roll out in 2019. So I expect that Hyundai will start playing the price points from now to accommodate Kia in the relevant segments. I expect Kia to start undercutting the equivalent Maruti models on price and features rather than target the Hyundai models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 4248853)
Doubt it. Why will the have fierce rivalry in house while they can look to compete against the other rivals? Their peak capacity at the moment is for 300,000 cars a year. They plan to start of with a Verna sized car and a sub compact SUV, under 4 Mtrs . Their first car is slated to roll out in 2019. So I expect that Hyundai will start playing the price points from now to accommodate Kia in the relevant segments. I expect Kia to start undercutting the equivalent Maruti models on price and features rather than target the Hyundai models.

Not really. From what i have heard from Mr. KOO's transcripts ( enclosed one of those as picture), hyundai is looking to aggressively compete against kia. It is not going to make life easier for kia. They will not even share production and. Logistics. That's is why if u see kia india websites they are in look out for separate dealerships and stuff.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1502254037897.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4248252)
Super Safety - Floor Carpet Hooks

REALLY HYUNDAI ?? rl:

Vik

Carpet hooks is indeed a safety feature.
Few accidents have happened with A pedal stuck in wide open mode under the carpet.
Also, after one such incident, Toyota had made a recall to secure the car mats.

During Product development, a lot of effort goes in to study on database, market survey & competitor benchmarking.
Everything is screened through at different levels.

In our country, the regulations are not very stringent and customer needs is very different compared to other countries which makes it really challenging for global players to present themselves and justify the features.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 4248903)
Vik
Few accidents have happened with A pedal stuck in wide open mode under the carpet.

To avoid accidents like this, most of the cars have their ECU calibrated to cut fuel completely when both A pedal and brakes are pressed at same time.

Carpet hooks are very much needed. I have seen them in all new cars :)

I am in the look out for a new car and Verna seem to tick all the boxes from a feature list perspective. Particularly like the ventilated seats and hoping that it will be available in the SX+ variant. Real life road manners on the improved chassis and suspension is yet to be found out after test drives.

Can someone please comment on the long term reliability of Hyundai 1.6L Diesel and Petrol engines? Under proper/regular maintenance will it perform absolutely trouble free for approx 5 - 6 years/ 1 Lakh kilometers?

Understand this is the powerful engine in the segment, how does it compare to Volkswagen 1.5L TDIs in terms of performance and driving experience on both city and highway roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Factor (Post 4248922)
Particularly like the ventilated seats and hoping that it will be available in the SX+ variant.

It has already been noted on various reviews that SX+ doesn't come with ventilated seats. I would be more than happy if the safety features doesn't go missing in SX+ compared to SX(O).

Today morning spotted these test mules of the new Verna being road tested in Delhi.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1502261490.028225.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1502261507.413584.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by drashkum (Post 4248644)
Chance less. I would advice you to hold on. I have booked my verna. The SA is damn sure that top end petrol AT wil be maximum 14 lakhs. I have categorically told him if it is anything more than 14.5 L im cancelling the next second. So please wait.

Well, you may be right. I spoke to another Sales person today in the morning for pre-booking Verna. Here's what I have learnt -

1. As per her, pricing for all variants will be between 11L and 15L OTR
2. I asked her how were they doing wrt pre-bookings, and she said "We are doing very well". When asked about the numbers, she said "we have 10-12 pre-bookings already". Not sure what their definition of "very well" is :uncontrol
3. Guaranteeing delivery in the first or second week of September depending on the allocations and colour selection. Hopefully, this means invoicing before the clowns approve additional 10% (or whatever) cess on GST.
4. She said pre-booking amount is 25k and on cancellation around 3k will be deducted. I pressed her to offer full-refund in case I cancel and she said she will discuss with her manager and get back.
5. As per this notice on their notice board, the car would be dispatched from 5th August onwards and I thought it meant these guys would have a TD vehicle soon but she said they are only expecting a TD vehicle a week post-launch.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-20170809_115638.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 4248903)
Vik

Also, after one such incident, Toyota had made a recall to secure the car mats.

I don't deny the fact kpzen that 'Carpet Hooks' are a useful, but being listed under the "Super Safety" list is just filling up the slide thingy. :Frustrati

Chances of feet/footwear getting stuck between the ABC (Accelerator Brake Clutch) pedals are more, than the floor mats coming in between. More often than not, its some of the ignorant owners who go way out of their way to beautify the interiors, and install unconventional floor mats and dashboard material, which causes mishaps.

Having said that, I have owned 2 Hyundai's and can bet my bottom buck that they have some of the most aesthetically designed ABC pedals. And mind you, neither of these cars had floor mat hooks, and there was never an instance of the mat getting stuck in nearly a decade of ownership.
I have driven the Fluidic Verna as well quite extensively, so this must be just as good (if not better).

I do remember driving Etios once sometime back, and the A pedal was too close to the floor, and quite awkward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4249044)
More often than not, its some of the ignorant owners who go way out of their way to beautify the interiors, and install unconventional floor mats and dashboard material, which causes mishaps.

I have driven the Fluidic Verna as well quite extensively, so this must be just as good (if not better).

You wouldn't believe sir but the floor mat getting struck in between pedals has happened to me more than 8-10 times! The car interiors are usually cleaned by hired help and they do not put in the effort to properly insert them. The first time it happened to I was reversing and the brake would not apply, pretty scary. I bet it does happen to a lot of people.

Mine is a verna and the mats are official hyundai ones. I hope there are floor hooks under the pedals also and not only on the other sides.

Does anyone know what's this Autolink Connected car technology?. Googling doesn't give me any clear information about it.