Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 23:36   #346
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Well well, I finally pulled the plug. I have gone ahead and booked both the Honda City V CVT and Hyundai Verna Auto EX Diesel. Once the variant details and pricing is known, I will take a call and cancel one of these.

City can be delivered in the 1st week of September whereas Verna around 10th-15th of September depending on how many cars the dealer is going to get allocated. I guess, by 22nd I would know for sure which car I am buying
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 01:08   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Does anyone know what's this Autolink Connected car technology?. Googling doesn't give me any clear information about it.
Yes, it seems like the Verna will come with an in-built OBD2 module. Auto-link is a service which sends OBD2 info (fault codes etc.) from the car directly to the Hyundai App.

Quote:
Hyundai Auto Link analyses your driving behaviour and monitors your vehicle for any fault codes. If any problems are detected with the vehicle, it automatically sends diagnostic data to the Hyundai Auto Link application (while the application is running). It also provides a convenient way to book your vehicle service with your Hyundai dealer.
Source:
https://www.hyundai.com.au/ArticleDo...f.aspx?Embed=Y

Last edited by pathik : 11th August 2017 at 01:11.
Old 11th August 2017, 08:14   #348
BHPian

Does Hyundai plan to introduce a turbo in the petrol automatic? Don't they want to compete with the Vento TSI?
Old 11th August 2017, 09:15   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Does Hyundai plan to introduce a turbo in the petrol automatic? Don't they want to compete with the Vento TSI?
There are no reports of Hyundai introducing a Turbo Petrol in Verna.
As regards competing with Vento TSI, Vento overall sales in July is 648 numbers. Even if you consider 50% of them to be TSI it's 324! Don't think they are the kind of numbers over which Hyundai will lose sleep.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 12:37   #350
BHPian

Those who want to See the 360-degree exterior view of Next Gen Verna, here is a link to Russian Solaris (Next Gen Indian Version of Verna May be similar to this) http://www.hyundai.ru/configurator/c...d=379&packets=. Translate the page to English and then choose the color of your choice.

Few Pics of Solaris in Silver

Name:  silver1.png
Views: 3104
Size:  66.9 KB
Name:  silver2.png
Views: 3430
Size:  121.1 KB
Name:  silver3.png
Views: 3064
Size:  68.3 KB
Name:  silver4.png
Views: 3183
Size:  118.8 KB

Few Pics of Solaris in White
Name:  white1.png
Views: 3097
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  white2.png
Views: 3188
Size:  94.0 KB
Name:  whie3.png
Views: 3076
Size:  54.6 KB
Name:  white4.png
Views: 3753
Size:  92.2 KB

Source : http://www.hyundai.ru/
Nikhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 13:29   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
There are no reports of Hyundai introducing a Turbo Petrol in Verna.
As regards competing with Vento TSI, Vento overall sales in July is 648 numbers. Even if you consider 50% of them to be TSI it's 324! Don't think they are the kind of numbers over which Hyundai will lose sleep.
I don't know why there is no demand for Turbo Petrol cars in India. Isn't that the car every enthusiast dreams about? Space/Economy/VFM don't matter.
Old 11th August 2017, 13:44   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Well well, I finally pulled the plug. I have gone ahead and booked both the Honda City V CVT and Hyundai Verna Auto EX Diesel. Once the variant details and pricing is known, I will take a call and cancel one of these.

City can be delivered in the 1st week of September whereas Verna around 10th-15th of September depending on how many cars the dealer is going to get allocated. I guess, by 22nd I would know for sure which car I am buying
Interesting...in case of Petrol Engine isn't the Honda I-VTEC the better of the two? The Diesel is where the Hyundai refinement etc. brings a good value proposition for the Verna.

In any case, as long as Hyundai has improved the rear space/low seating and suspension (bottoming out and high speed behavior), the car should sell decent numbers and give a good competition to both the City and the Ciaz. These two points in my opinion are deal breakers for the current gen Verna...
Old 11th August 2017, 13:49   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Interesting...in case of Petrol Engine isn't the Honda I-VTEC the better of the two? The Diesel is where the Hyundai refinement etc. brings a good value proposition for the Verna.
That's correct. That's one of the reasons why I decided to book Petrol i-VTEC Automatic of Honda and not their i-DTEC which are terribly noisy.

I have been told the already-good Diesel refinement on Verna is even better in the next-gen Verna due to a stronger steel body and perhaps some engine optimisations. I think Hyundai has amongst the most quietest Diesel engines in the market right now.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:02   #354
Senior - BHPian

Between the Honda City and Hyundai Verna the engine choice is pretty simple. Honda City if it's petrol, Verna if diesel. Both engines are super refined.

Ciaz diesel for Space, cost and fuel efficiency. Vento for is build and driving pleasure.

I always felt that the Verna has the best balance between all these factors and am anticipating that the New Verna will move the goal post further away.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:02   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
That's correct. That's one of the reasons why I decided to book Petrol i-VTEC Automatic of Honda and not their i-DTEC which are terribly noisy.

I have been told the already-good Diesel refinement on Verna is even better in the next-gen Verna due to a stronger steel body and perhaps some engine optimisations. I think Hyundai has amongst the most quietest Diesel engines in the market right now.
I own the i-DTEC and yes I agree it is noisy as compared to the Verna Diesel but one gets used it after a while. So far, the ownership has been fuss free and I am happy with the Honda. Verna Diesel is best in class in terms of NVH.

While the Honda IVTEC is a good buy and you can go for it with your eyes closed, I would recommend a more strict test drive of the new Verna. Try out going over road bumps with 4 people in the car and also ensure you sit in the back seat and get driven about for a while. Observe how it feels to sit in the rear seat of the car.

Maybe you could sit in the current gen Verna if it is available now and make a mental note to compare how much it has improved later when you test drive the 2017 Verna...
vsrivatsa is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 15:04   #356
BHPian

Skoda has the 1.6 MPFI with DSG. I guess the new Verna petrol auto will be similar, except that it will have an inferior gearbox?
Old 11th August 2017, 15:43   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda has the 1.6 MPFI with DSG.
Skoda and VW do have the 1.6 MPI engine Pedaltothefloor, but I can bet my bottom buck that neither have it mated to the DSG gearbox.

This would have made the 1.2 TSI history dude

Experts correct me if I am wrong here, but the 1.6 MPI just comes with a regular torque converter sort of a AT box.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 16:28   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda has the 1.6 MPFI with DSG. I guess the new Verna petrol auto will be similar, except that it will have an inferior gearbox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Skoda and VW do have the 1.6 MPI engine Pedaltothefloor, but I can bet my bottom buck that neither have it mated to the DSG gearbox.

This would have made the 1.2 TSI history dude

Experts correct me if I am wrong here, but the 1.6 MPI just comes with a regular torque converter sort of a AT box.
Correct. The Skoda 1.6 petrol AT comes with a regular 6 speed torque converter AT. The same unit that used to come with the Vento before the dsg came in 2013 November. Skoda has never got the tsi +dsg combo.

This is the first time Hyundai is equipping the Verna with a 6 speed AT box. Would be interesting to see if it is the same one as seen on the Creta and Elantra or if it is something new.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 17:33   #359
BHPian

New rapid top end vs new verna top end, both diesel automatics. Which one would you buy and why?

I guess the price of the two would be close so just want to start small discussion on the comparison and know what you all have to say.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 17:41   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
New rapid top end vs new verna top end, both diesel automatics. Which one would you buy and why?

I guess the price of the two would be close so just want to start small discussion on the comparison and know what you all have to say.
I'd expect the Verna to be priced at a premium. It is a much much newer car after all, and Skoda is discounting the Rapid and how!

Honestly, the enthusiast would still pick the Rapid for it's better suspension and transmission.
The family man would still pick the Verna.
I don't see that changing.

What will change though are the number of City's, and Ciaz's sold if Hyundai manages to price it right.
The looks won't attract people in, so they will have to work considerably harder to draw people into the showroom to see this car - but with good interiors, all the features, a transmission thats now on-par for this class, superb refinement, and much better ride and handling (as all the new Hyundais) - I would expect this to be fighting for top spot very soon!
Legspace and rear seat ambience could still be a little deal breaker as the City and Ciaz are very spacious for the segment!
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks