Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2017, 08:48   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Got to see some pics as well. Unfortunately, not able to share because of the location. The pictures were of the AT. Few things noticed:

1) AT is indeed the lower trim. No start/stop (could see the key in the key slot), it's got ventilated seats, beige interiors just like the previous gen), sunroof. No door request sensors, no chrome handles.
2) Car definitely looks longer and wider.
3) Too much chrome on the front especially around the fog.
4) Cruise control available.
5) Couldn't find any "Auto" badge and the rear just had the "SX" badge. Rear parking camera and sensors were visible.
6) Alloys as seen in the pictures of the black verna that Raven had shared.

Hyundai got it right with the rear and side (smart looking, definitely looks bigger) but the front . I guess they got it wrong from the new gen grand i10 (hope my wife doesn't get to see this), xcent and now this. Think they are following the cycle.

Good

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaivernafront.jpg

Not so good

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundai_verna_facelift_korea_1.jpg

Good

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaivernafluidic.jpg

And now we have the latest one.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 09:54   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Hari Raksha on Facebook for sharing these pics of the fully uncovered next-gen Verna.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 09:55   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post

It is a typical hyundai interior. It is not as classy as a VW vento but definitely not as plain jane as ciaz which has a nostalgic feel of getting into a swift or ritz or a baleno which all looks same inside due to same steering wheel, ice and what not...
Sorry couldn't resist but Vw interiors feel outdated and they are the same as a smaller polo with lots of part sharing including ice and steering wheel. Even Verna will have similar parts of an i20 or even i10. What works in any segment in India is how is the overall package compared to price . Ciaz or city which have been bashed for many things among poor safety and tiny build quality score over vw, skoda and other due to many factors.
Mr.Beat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 11:01   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Got to see some pics as well. Unfortunately, not able to share because of the location. The pictures were of the AT. Few things noticed:

1) AT is indeed the lower trim. No start/stop (could see the key in the key slot), it's got ventilated seats, beige interiors just like the previous gen), sunroof. No door request sensors, no chrome handles.
2) Car definitely looks longer and wider.
3) Too much chrome on the front especially around the fog.
4) Cruise control available.
5) Couldn't find any "Auto" badge and the rear just had the "SX" badge. Rear parking camera and sensors were visible.
6) Alloys as seen in the pictures of the black verna that Raven had shared.

Hyundai got it right with the rear and side (smart looking, definitely looks bigger) but the front . I guess they got it wrong from the new gen grand i10 (hope my wife doesn't get to see this), xcent and now this. Think they are following the cycle.

Good

Attachment 1666515

Not so good

Attachment 1666519

Good

Attachment 1666520

And now we have the latest one.
Diesel or petrol?. Diesel AT will mostly be launched in lower trim. The petrol AT will be a top fully loaded trim as per the leaks here. Can you see if it has a crdi or a vvvt badge in the pictures and get back please.?
Old 15th August 2017, 12:34   #380
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India re-imports the next-gen 2017 Verna! EDIT: Unveiled in China

Quote:
Diesel or petrol?. Diesel AT will mostly be launched in lower trim. The petrol AT will be a top fully loaded trim as per the leaks here. Can you see if it has a crdi or a vvvt badge in the pictures and get back please.?

So the petrol AT should have got the keyless go in top spec? Assuming it's the diesel SX+ Auto. Hyundai seems to have added cooled seats,sunroof and cruise control for the SX+.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 15th August 2017 at 12:35.
Old 15th August 2017, 12:39   #381
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pics, fog lamps seem to be projectors. If true, that'd be a first, I reckon, in this segment.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 15th August 2017 at 12:40.
Old 15th August 2017, 15:30   #382
e46
BHPian

Interiors are no match compared to the Russian offering.. its doesnt exude any class expected from a mid size sedan class Hyundai offering. i20 elite's one look better.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 16:42   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Ciaz or city which have been bashed for many things among poor safety and tiny build quality score over vw, skoda and other due to many factors.
I am curious as to what are those factors? As I am in the market for a Sedan at the moment, I have completely written off Maruti & Honda due to the lack of a single car for enthusiasts. May be I am missing something?
Old 15th August 2017, 17:04   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No badging visible (front fender and rear). Also, from the pics I feel the rear brakes are drum. Not sure on it as it was a Whatsapp forward and the pics weren't clear when zoomed. Could make out the button for ventilated seats and cruise control. Clearly no start/stop. It also comes with "Smart trunk" and LED tail lamps. Think it's the same as seen in the Elantra (hands-free boot)

@swiftdiesel - Yes, the fogs are projectors.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 15th August 2017 at 17:22.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 17:37   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Credit to TAI member drnikhilranjan for these snaps.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaiverna201703.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaiverna201702.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaiverna201704.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaiverna201701.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 17:45   #386
BHPian

Spotted 3 test mules around 4:00 am today near Sriperumbadur. It was quite dark and gloomy so couldnt manage any pictures, but the cockpit was not as lit as say Honda City. What was odd in the entire scene was there was a undisguised creta in the convoy with temp plates, not sure what they were testing or benchmarking against w.r.t creta.
Old 15th August 2017, 18:59   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks to Hari Raksha on Facebook for sharing these pics of the fully uncovered next-gen Verna.
Looks marvellous in my view, definitely better than the one it is replacing. The headlight looks a bit too swept back from the quarter angle. Also the alloys look better in the old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Glad you captured this much details from the images. Was keen to know what features were missing in SX+. I thought ventilated seats and sunroof will be missing. So along with push start/stop and smartkey they will also take out four airbags from SX+ out of the 6 in SX(O)? Also did you notice if it had projector headlamps and DRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Sorry couldn't resist but Vw interiors feel outdated and they are the same as a smaller polo with lots of part sharing including ice and steering wheel.
Couldn't agree more, Polo, Vento and even Rapid all looks same. Octavia is in a different league and definitely looks classy.
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 19:24   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The picture is a bit blurry but does anyone else think the badging on the back looks like "EX"? I am surprised because it has a sunroof which I thought is going to be only on the top variant.
Old 15th August 2017, 19:36   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
The picture is a bit blurry but does anyone else think the badging on the back looks like "EX"? I am surprised because it has a sunroof which I thought is going to be only on the top variant.
With those diamond cut alloys, the button for ventilated seats and sunroof, but with a regular key, I'm pretty sure that's a SX (not SXO or SX+).
Old 15th August 2017, 19:42   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
With those diamond cut alloys, the button for ventilated seats and sunroof, but with a regular key, I'm pretty sure that's a SX (not SXO or SX+).
What caused the confusion is that in this -

Attachment 1666609

This looks like it has an automatic gear-box and there is no Auto SX variant (automatic only available in EX and SX+)

@blackasta Where do you see the button for Ventilated seats?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks