Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 21:11   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
Congrats pathik!!!
So what if the vehicle is invoiced before GST cess increase ? Will I be shielded from price hike ?
Yes that seems to be the case. Once invoice is generated there is a very little chance that the Govt would apply the Cess retrospectively
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 21:20   #707
BHPian

I have got my engine and chassis number too. Delivery on 5th but i am pushing them for a day earlier.

The GST council is meeting on 9th. Only after that they will decide on when to hike. If you get it invoiced before 8th you are definitely protected from hiked cess

Last edited by drashkum : 30th August 2017 at 21:22.
drashkum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 22:04   #708
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Luckily I have already received Chassis/VIN of the car allotted to me and invoicing was done yesterday.
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you book at? A friend in Mumbai isn't getting any updates from his dealer.
Old 30th August 2017, 22:45   #709
BHPian

This is the communication shared by Hyundai India with the dealers on today's GST Cess hike approval. Basically, they are asking dealers to maximise the sales till the final date is announced from when the new Cess kicks in. Also, it clears any doubt regarding Verna's price protection since it clearly mentions that the Cess hike will directly impact the price of the New Verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you book at? A friend in Mumbai isn't getting any updates from his dealer.
I had pre-booked around 8th or 9th August at Shreenath Hyundai in Ghatkopar.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Letter from Unit Head Sales on hike in GST Cess.pdf (700.5 KB, 575 views)

Last edited by pathik : 30th August 2017 at 22:54.
pathik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:21   #710
BHPian

Invoice done. I wish there were no GST taxes and cess and road tax else i would have got the car for 9 Lakhs including insurance. Hyundai has allowed me to do my own insurance outside. Hopefully will get my car in next 3 to 4 days. Enclosing a cropped up invoice for others benefit Sxo Diesel Manual Model.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504165726296.jpg  

drashkum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:27   #711
MCR
BHPian

We had booked the car on 28.08.17 at Advaith Hyundai Mysore. My dad got a call today from the dealership for invoicing the car. My father has given a go ahead and it will be invoiced today.

Colour : Pearl White
Variant : Ex
Fuel type : Diesel
Delivery : 1st Week of October

We will switch to 15 inch alloys and Yokohama Earth1 195/60 R15 tyres on delivery.
Old 31st August 2017, 13:32   #712
BHPian

Had pre-booked my car on the day the dealers had opened bookings. Probably I was one of the first to book with Advaith Hyundai in Mangalore. The vehicle that I booked, VTVT SX (O) is being registered today and will be delivered tomorrow morning.
uvmallya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:37   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
We had booked the car on 28.08.17 at Advaith Hyundai Mysore. My dad got a call today from the dealership for invoicing the car. My father has given a go ahead and it will be invoiced today.

Colour : Pearl White
Variant : Ex
Fuel type : Diesel
Delivery : 1st Week of October

We will switch to 15 inch alloys and Yokohama Earth1 195/60 R15 tyres on delivery.
I am very surprised that they asked for the car to be invoiced so soon for you. Is the car already allotted to you? Please ask the dealer for VIN/Chassis number of the vehicle. As far as I know, a car cannot be invoiced without VIN/Chassis number. And if a car is already allotted to you, why would the delivery take one full month?
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:48   #714
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
I am very surprised that they asked for the car to be invoiced so soon for you. Is the car already allotted to you? Please ask the dealer for VIN/Chassis number of the vehicle. As far as I know, a car cannot be invoiced without VIN/Chassis number. And if a car is already allotted to you, why would the delivery take one full month?
Simple

The car is allotted. It's in transit. We will pay the full amount only in first week of October. Till then it will stay at Showroom!
Old 31st August 2017, 14:06   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Simple

The car is allotted. It's in transit. We will pay the full amount only in first week of October. Till then it will stay at Showroom!
Delivery in first week of October is your choice or theirs? One month for transit sounds way too long, unless ofcourse you stay where your profile says you do
pathik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 14:24   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Invoice done. I wish there were no GST taxes and cess and road tax else i would have got the car for 9 Lakhs including insurance. Hyundai has allowed me to do my own insurance outside. Hopefully will get my car in next 3 to 4 days. Enclosing a cropped up invoice for others benefit Sxo Diesel Manual Model.
Good to know that you dealer allowed you to get Insurance from Outside. As my Dad has 50% NCB, I am pushing my dealer hard to allow me to get the Insurance done on my own. Hopefully, I Should be able to convince them as I am dealing with the same Dealer and Sales Advisor with whom I have purchased Elite I20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Regarding your purchase, the first batch of deliveries may start only in October. If you really like the Car, go ahead. But, if your second choice looks tempting and the Car is available with the Dealer, then grab it.
Just Now Sales Advisor has confirmed that car has arrived at the stockyard, Will be doing PDI on Saturday, make the payment and get the invoice generated.
Old 31st August 2017, 15:26   #717
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Delivery in first week of October is your choice or theirs? One month for transit sounds way too long, unless ofcourse you stay where your profile says you do
I will land in India only in October, hence delivery scheduled in October.

However, just got the confirmation from dealership that the car is yet to be dispatched. Should happen next week! So it should land in the showroom in second week of September.

Last edited by MCR : 31st August 2017 at 15:30. Reason: Typo
Old 31st August 2017, 15:44   #718
Senior - BHPian

Just drove the Diesel Auto ( SX) along with 3 other TBHPians. We all came back very impressed.

+ Looks great
+ Great auto
+ Powerful engine with min turbo lag
+ Decent space at rear even with 6 foot guy at front.
+ Audio was good.
+ Showed 10ish during TD and with 5 onboard and testing the way you expect it to be..

- wish they had done something to the seat runners, pretty sharp ends
- wider tyres ( but I have to say that the stock one didnt scream when we tested which again is interesting ).

Last edited by jkdas : 31st August 2017 at 15:52.
jkdas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 15:56   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhs View Post

If this is true, Hyundai needs to refer to Oxford Dictionary to understand the term "Price Protection".

Experts, Please help if you have heard of same as I need to cancel my booking and look for another sedan before Government hikes GST.
There is little which Hyundai can do, if Govt keeps changing the Tax on monthly basis.

You could try for early invoicing of the car, to escape the cess.

The "other sedans" you are planning to go for instead, will also be affected because of the additional cess.
Old 31st August 2017, 16:47   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just drove the Diesel Auto ( SX) along with 3 other TBHPians. We all came back very impressed.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=NVhhDIC2KcE

+ Looks great
+ Great auto
+ Powerful engine with min turbo lag
+ Decent space at rear even with 6 foot guy at front.
+ Audio was good.
+ Showed 10ish during TD and with 5 onboard and testing the way you expect it to be..

- wish they had done something to the seat runners, pretty sharp ends
- wider tyres ( but I have to say that the stock one didnt scream when we tested which again is interesting ).
Came away very impressed with the diesel auto. It is a very well rounded package with excellent road manners, driveability and comfort to boot.

The auto transmission is very responsive in drive mode and exhibited next to no lag. It had enough punch in all gears, and lane changes were executed with no drama.

The ride was very composed with no bobbing or wallowing as the car skipped over undulations on the highway. It is still soft around corners but as JK said the tyres held on gamely.

Rear seat is still cramped for three well built people. Two adults and a kid would do fine. I have a feeling that this may the one (perhaps the only) area where the Honda City beats the Verna.

Looks wise the car looks a bit under tyred especially at the rear. The diesel auto is still very well equipped but I would have loved to have the ventilated seats too.

I still can't get over how well Hyundai have tuned the automatic transmission.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks