Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:01   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Congratulations on the new Verna. It's a fantastic car for the price. I've taken a leap of faith and booked the top end Petrol Auto even though it wasn't available for a test drive (only a Manual Diesel was available).

Could you please post a driving impression of the Petrol AT?
I did a TD of Petrol Automatic since Diesel Auto which I have booked was not available. My knowledge about cars and driving is not as good as others - so consider this as a noobs version of the driving impression. I thought the car was incredibly silent and great fun to drive. I haven't driven any other AT for too long so can't compare but I thought the Verna AT was quiet powerful at low RPMs and it did not take long for the car to reach great speeds. The MID on the top end variant of Verna is very good and I wish it was made available on lower variants. I drove for about 6 to 8 kms in City and felt the car was easy to drive in City and steering was perfect for City driving. Did not get a chance to drive on a highway but I can say without a doubt that you would not be disappointed with the driving experience.
pathik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:05   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
I have been driving the car during the last one day.
Being the first automatic car of mine I am simply amazed at the ease which I could adapt from my earlier manual transmission car. The engine is absolutely silent, seemed powerful enough when pushed in city driving. Yet to test the ventilated seats. Tried driving a little fast on straight roads and the stability was good.
Will post more in the coming days.
It is always tougher the other way around. I am driving my dad's automatic xcent after i sold my swift manual diesel for the past one and half months. The other day i just pressed the clutch in time while trying to TD diesel manual verna.
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:29   #768
BHPian

So looking at the head unit that comes with the EX variant, I decided to get an after-market HU from AliExpress right away.

This is the one I have ordered: http://s.aliexpress.com/QnI3muIR

Should be getting it in the next 20-25 days hopefully. I am a big nerd when it comes to gadgets and I mod the hell out of my Android phones. Since this system is based on Android, I plan on modifying (the software) the system on this HU. I already have made some plans on it and can't wait to get it. I will update here or probably create a new thread when the time comes. For now, all excitement is reserved for the car which is expected to be delivered around next weekend.
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:19   #769
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Anyone taking the EX variant note that it comes with halogen lights. I hope they have improved them but if not they are very inadequate. Saying that with experience.
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:54   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Anyone taking the EX variant note that it comes with halogen lights. I hope they have improved them but if not they are very inadequate. Saying that with experience.
That's a good detail, but by Halogen do you mean it doesn't have projectors or it has projectors with a Halogen lamp as it was in previous model? Ideally it should be standard way of projectors with WHITE LIGHT HID/LED lamps for good enough performance.
Old 3rd September 2017, 14:10   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
That's a good detail, but by Halogen do you mean it doesn't have projectors or it has projectors with a Halogen lamp as it was in previous model? Ideally it should be standard way of projectors with WHITE LIGHT HID/LED lamps for good enough performance.
EX variant comes with projector fog lamps but headlamps are not projector and are halogen.
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:39   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
So looking at the head unit that comes with the EX variant, I decided to get an after-market HU from AliExpress right away.

This is the one I have ordered: http://s.aliexpress.com/QnI3muIR
Good choice although you might miss the volume knob. But steering controls will save the driver if you manage to get both connected. Please post pics after you have it installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
This can easily be resolved by replacing with a higher power bulb with necessary relays/circuits. Most likely the stock halogens are 60/55W and changing to 100/90W will be a good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Halogen bulbs with reflectors for the two lower variants and halogens with projectors for the top two. With projectors you have the option to replace halogen bulb with HID or LEDs (not sure about LED replacements though).
X-Factor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 23:44   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Good choice although you might miss the volume knob. But steering controls will save the driver if you manage to get both connected. Please post pics after you have it installed
Will do. There are a few others with 8" screen and physical buttons for volume etc. but there were hardly any reviews on them and they were also nearly 40% more expensive than this one. I figured steering controls will work for sure (as per their claim) so the driver doesn't need to physical volume button and the passenger can anyway use the capacitive button on the system.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 10:02   #774
BHPian

The dreaded hike in cess has come into effect as per today's moneycontrol article. Please check revised price with your dealer.

"Following assent by President Ram Nath Kovind, the government has notified the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Amendment Ordinance, 2017.

The Ordinance was last week approved by the Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and was sent to the President for his approval.

It has come into force with effect from September 2 -- the date of official gazette notification."
Old 4th September 2017, 11:06   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
The dreaded hike in cess has come into effect as per today's moneycontrol article. Please check revised price with your dealer.

"Following assent by President Ram Nath Kovind, the government has notified the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Amendment Ordinance, 2017.

The Ordinance was last week approved by the Union Cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and was sent to the President for his approval.

It has come into force with effect from September 2 -- the date of official gazette notification."
Where it is beneficial to them they (Govt.) do things at lightning speed. Whoever was thinking they have time till 09-Sept are going to be caught in shock by this...
Old 4th September 2017, 11:48   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Whoever was thinking they have time till 09-Sept are going to be caught in shock by this...
From the news one can infer that the law has come into effect from 2nd Sept, the cess has not yet come into effect. The quantum of cess will be decided on 9th Sep and only then can it come into effect after an official notification on the same. That said, its best to check with the respective dealers and expedite your invoicing coz the GST council will most likely enforce it from 9th onwards after finalizing the rates.
Saiyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 11:52   #777
BHPian

Walked into the Hyundai showroom to check out the Verna. Exteriors look great . Very easy to mistake it for the elantra.

- Interiors did not have the wow factor at all. The dash in particular could do with some better materials to really up the premium factor (at least in the SX(0) they should have gone a notch higher).
- Seats were good and the ventilated option will definitely be useful. Rear seat space is less no doubt, but not to the point of discomfort. Middle passenger will still be uncomfortable because of the armrest padding. I really think in this segment, car makers should drop the centre armrest with cup holders and create a better rear seat with good support for 3 people to sit comfortably. That armrest suits better in luxury cars.
- Got to test drive the SX(0) manual and until the sales rep told me, didn't realise it was a diesel. It was so silent that I could have easily mistaken it for a petrol model. I haven't driven many diesels, but I felt it was very good to drive.
- Feature wise, the car was packed and would be the pick of the lot in that segment if you go by features alone.
Old 4th September 2017, 11:54   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
From the news one can infer that the law has come into effect from 2nd Sept, the cess has not yet come into effect. The quantum of cess will be decided on 9th Sep and only then can it come into effect after an official notification on the same. That said, its best to check with the respective dealers and expedite your invoicing coz the GST council will most likely enforce it from 9th onwards after finalizing the rates.
It is inevitable that the cess will come into effect, but if sanity prevails, the GST council will enforce it from after the festive season of Diwali i.e. somewhere around 1st Nov. I am sure Auto companies will be strongly lobbying to push the effective dates after the festive season, else they are sure to suffer low sales this festive season. I think the GST council should also define the meaning of "luxury" and levy this increased cess on vehicles which are 20L+ instead of defining the rule based on engine size or length of the vehicle

Last edited by aviraj : 4th September 2017 at 12:22.
Old 4th September 2017, 12:38   #779
BHPian

Insurance for New Verna Diesel SxO TATA AIG Quote

I have got 2 quotes from TATA AIG for my Nex Gen Verna Diesel SxO which I am enclosing as pictures

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-insurance-1.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-insurance-2.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-insurance-3.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-insurance-4.jpg

The IDV Value is Rs 1189684

Net Premium is 21636 (which includes 60% detarrif discount and 20% No claim bonus on my old car)

Package offered are

1) Net Comprehensive Premium is 25531 inclusive of tax ( Net premium + 18% tax)

2) Net premium Rs.21636 +Bumper to Bumper/ Zero depreciation (Rs.3569) + Road Side Assistance + Key (Rs.601) = 25806 + 18% Tax ( Rs.4645) = Rs.30451

3) Net premium Rs.21636 +Bumper to Bumper/ Zero depreciation +Engine Protection ( In case of floods in chennai like last year ) + Consumables (Rs.6900) + Road Side Assistance + Key (Rs.601) = Rs.29137 + 18% Tax ( Rs.5245) = Rs.34382

Tata Aig does not offer Key replacement without Road side assistance so even if hyundai gives a 3 year Roadside assistance for free with car i am forced to buy this now.

Which do you guys think is a better option? Or Is there anything i can forgo or add here?

Kindly advice

Drashkum
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 17:45   #780
BHPian

Question for bangalore t-bhpians... any feedback on Trident Hosur vs Advaith ORR. I searched the forum, but reviews have been a mix of good and bad ones. Mouthshut also scores both in the range of 1.8-2 out of 5.

Personal observations:
-Trident Hosur guy was more proactive in giving a test drive when I hopped in. Advaith seemed laid back in comparison to the point of disinterest.
-Trident promising a September delivery, Advaith ORR saying October
-Advaith ORR seems to have high footfall, which could possibly signal better popularity. Trident Hosur was relatively deserted in comparison. Both are located on major arterial roads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks