Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 15:56   #826
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Is there any pros/cons in upsizing to 205/55-16? Which is a good tyre brand/model that provides balanced wet/dry performance and less noise?
I've used the following on my first generation Verna Fluidic:
0 to 50K: Bridgestone B250 195 / 55 / 16 (OEM Tires)
50 to 100K: Yokohama ADriveR1 205 / 55 / 16
100 to 124K (present): Pirelli Cinturato P7 205 / 55 / 16

Verdict:
The 205 / 55 / 16 upsize works great. No tire rubbing, etc. ever.
Pirellis are great if you are going to mostly only drive on perfect roads, I lost a Pirelli tire last month in a pothole through which I feel the B250 or the ADriveR1s would have survived.
The Yokohamas were the perfect balance between the Bridgestone and Pirellis for general use and I still have the car, my next set at 150K would be a repeat of those unless something better comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
The spare tyre is not a 195/55 R16 Bridgestone but it is a Ceat secura 185/65 R15. It is a deliberate ploy not to use spare tyre for long by Hyundai for proper rotation and balancing.
That is a more of a cost cutting measure than anything else. The first generation pre facelift Vernas not only got a full sized 5th tire, but also a spare alloy

Last edited by manson : 8th September 2017 at 16:01.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:02   #827
BHPian

Quote:
The Big day is here. Got a message that car is registered in RTO with its number. Went for a preliminary check today morning. All good. The AutoLink doesn't work. It seems the mobile number has to be registered with VIN of the car which will be done at delivery time.
Congrats drashkum. I am wondering the information that AutoLink provides is the same one can get with an OBD scanner.

Quote:
The spare tyre is not a 195/55 R16 Bridgestone but it is a Ceat secura 185/65 R15. It is a deliberate ploy not to use spare tyre for long by Hyundai for proper rotation and balancing.
Weird ploy from Hyundai I must say. It is not always practical to change the spare tyre back to original after a puncture, sometimes you are on a highway/remote area with no repair shops in vicinity or sometimes you simply don't have the time to repair the puncture immediately. Not sure other manufacturers do the same, but I am sure Rapid/Vento provides same size spare. Don't know how much ill effect a smaller spare tire can cause on the dynamics?

Quote:
Can someone else too confirm the down sizing of spare
I am considering to sell the spare wheel and replace it will a 16inch wheel and tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
I have taken the delivery too. Will share pics shortly. Took a short drive - mainly in City. But was on highway for about 6-7 kms and I must say, I absolutely love the acceleration on this thing. Within no time, I reached 100 kmph and it sure brought a big, wide grin on my face (and was almost immediately shot down by my wife to keep the speed in check )
Congrats pathik

Quote:
Nope. There is a generic indicator on EX for door open and another one for Trunk open. I would have loved if it was graphical like on top-end.
Thank you. I am wondering if the MID is same on SX+ AT and SX(O). Can someone confirm ?
Old 8th September 2017, 16:12   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I am wondering if the MID is same on SX+ AT and SX(O). Can someone confirm ?
Nope. As far as I know, only the SX(O) Petrol and Diesel gets the new MID.
pathik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:51   #829
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering to sell the spare wheel and replace it will a 16inch wheel and tyre.
The cost of a single alloy wheel for 2014 model was 16k !
Price quoted by HASS spare parts counter.
Old 8th September 2017, 19:14   #830
BHPian

I am so happy to take delivery of my Nex Gen verna. My 2 year old son unveiled the car to show my family the colour which i had kept as suspense till last minute. Had a short drive back home. Will soon post pictures and start a ownership thread

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504878205085.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504878162800.jpg
drashkum is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 21:27   #831
BHPian

Anyone tried what happens to the car if you press the ignition button at low and high speeds?
Old 8th September 2017, 21:33   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am so happy to take delivery of my Nex Gen verna. My 2 year old son unveiled the car to show my family the colour which i had kept as suspense till last minute. Had a short drive back home. Will soon post pictures and start a ownership thread
Congrats! Car really looks 'hot'! Is that V3 Hyundai?
Old 8th September 2017, 23:05   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
The cost of a single alloy wheel for 2014 model was 16k !
Price quoted by HASS spare parts counter.
I never meant the spare would be an alloy, of course that's going to be steel and after market.
Old 8th September 2017, 23:08   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats! Car really looks 'hot'! Is that V3 Hyundai?
Nope, Its Hyundai Motor Plaza. Thank you.

Had wrongly posted that the DRLs had to be switched on. Found out that it comes on automatically after engine is switched on.
Old 9th September 2017, 00:14   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Anyone tried what happens to the car if you press the ignition button at low and high speeds?
I tried it in my Honda City vx cvt (2016) and to my surprise it shutdown. But I was able to steer it a while and move it to the side. Meaning it rolled and didnt abruptly stop like a Boolean. I tried this in our office car parking area on a holiday when it's usually empty. I couldn't start it until I move it back to park mode. Wonder what happens if someone does this mistake on a busy road (I live in GST Road chennai which is a national highway).

Will try in slightly high speed in next holiday weekends.

Dev
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 00:48   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations on your new car!! Looks gorgeous in that color. I'm sure your family was super happy to see that color. Please post some more pictures soon. Good luck.
Old 9th September 2017, 02:03   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my previous gen (2013) Verna, nothing will happen if the car is moving if you press and release it. If you press and hold, it will turn off the engine.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 09:33   #838
BHPian

I have 2014 SXo version. While curising on highway my 3 yr old kid pressed the start stop button accidently. Vehicle turned itself off. hence vehicle turns off.

they should have atleast made a feature where when vehicle is moving it should not shut itself down.

I make sure he sits in rear seat from that day. i dont entertain him in the front.
Old 9th September 2017, 09:40   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
I have 2014 SXo version. While curising on highway my 3 yr old kid pressed the start stop button accidently. Vehicle turned itself off. hence vehicle turns off.

they should have atleast made a feature where when vehicle is moving it should not shut itself down.

I make sure he sits in rear seat from that day. i dont entertain him in the front.
Thats scary and precisely the reason I asked this question. When the engine is turned off the brakes also stop working. Imagine doing that at 100kmph while overtaking other vehicles.

Just yesterday I was watching a youtube video of a Ford where the car turns off if it is running at very low speed but does not turn off at higher speeds. Then you have to press and hold to turn off like Phoenix mentioned.

So what did you do to get the vehicle going again? Clutch and ignition button twice?

PS: I think kids under 10 should anyway never be allowed to sit in the front seat. Too dangerous for them due to the airbags.

Last edited by Saiyan : 9th September 2017 at 09:43.
Old 9th September 2017, 10:46   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Thats scary and precisely the reason I asked this question. When the engine is turned off the brakes also stop working. Imagine doing that at 100kmph while overtaking other vehicles.

Just yesterday I was watching a Youtube video of a Ford where the car turns off if it is running at very low speed but does not turn off at higher speeds. Then you have to press and hold to turn off like Phoenix mentioned.

So what did you do to get the vehicle going again? Clutch and ignition button twice?

PS: I think kids under 10 should anyway never be allowed to sit in the front seat. Too dangerous for them due to the airbags.
That is correct. depress the clutch and press the start button. We always make sure kid sits back. But during Night due to dash light they get excited to press the buttons in dash. Now he understands. Always sits in the back seat.

Hyundai has peculiar place for start button. I would prefer on the right side. But for unknown reason this manufacturer has kept it in left.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks