Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2017, 23:28   #856
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Best is to go to Hyundai showroom and see the similar shade in other cars.
That's the problem unfortunately, it's a new colour and not available in any Hyundai models other than Verna. Trying to figure out if any dealer in Bangalore has it on display or stock.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:41   #857
BHPian

from an old post on the old Hyundai verna: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-56.html

How would these look on the new Verna? My guess is that these would be vastly better given that the torque kicks in from lower rpm
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 11:30   #858
BHPian

I test drove the new Verna diesel (SXO variant) yesterday. It was a reasonably long drive (covered around 40kms). Here are my observations.

Engine:
The engine is great. It pulls effortlessly from around 1400rpm and the response is very good. The gearbox is slick and the shifts are quick. Turbo lag is felt below 1.4k rpm but nothing much to complain and this is manageable. The 4 lane road was empty and I was able to reach 130kmph very quickly. Didn't felt the speed until I noticed the speedo. I've briefly driven the Honda city and Ciaz (both diesel versions) and I would rate Verna on top. The engine is smooth with a linear power delivery and it can munch miles so easily. The cabin is silent and noise insulation is much better compared to city. I was able to move the car from standstill in 2nd gear but it wasn't quick and one might have to use 1st gear to maneuver quickly in bumper to bumper traffic. Tested the cruise control and it worked fine.

Interior:
The quality is top notch as mentioned by others and this is now becoming very common with Hyundai cars. Overall the interiors aren't flashy and I think most will like it. I got used to the steering control buttons quickly and they are well placed. The ventilates seats are awesome. It was quite hot when I drove the car and ventilated seat helped a lot. Listened to a couple of songs through Bluetooth streaming and the audio quality is decent. The bass though not deep could be felt and is good for an OEM unit.

Ride quality:
Being an i20 user for over 4 years I felt the ride quality to be much better. The suspensions aren't very soft unlike most Hyundais. It is not very hard either and ride will be comfortable in city. The car wasn't rock solid when I was doing 110+ but it wasn't too bumpy. I believe this is a much better setup where city ride will be very good and there won't be much to complain on highways. The steering is light at low speeds and weighs up decently at high speed. Though the feel isn't anywhere close to fiesta there is noticeable steering feedback. I didn't try the back seat but my sisters sat at the back and both liked the seats. They were used to the Innova captain seats and their feedback was the ride is not as comfortable as Innova but much better than i20. We also test drove SCross the same day and both of them felt Verna's back seat is more comfortable.

I am not going to write much about the features as the car comes packed and a lot has been discussed already.

My verdict:
I would pick Verna definitely over City (I am not really comparing it with Ciaz mainly because to me Ciaz's engine is a big let down). The reason would be am getting a better engine, great interiors and features for a lesser price. It would be interesting to see the sales for the next few months and I feel it has all the boxes ticked to become the segment leader.

Regards
haneeshN is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:04   #859
BHPian

Which Hyundai showroom did you do the test drive in?
Had a bad experience in Trident Hosur, where they asked me to come on the weekend saying they have a diesel car for test drive. When I reached, I found out that they only have a 1.6 petrol automatic and the diesel had been moved to Trident in Indiranagar.

Another bad experience today. Advaith MG Road/Residency road offered to get the 1.6 SX diesel for test drive to my house. Now he called up and offered to pick me up to the showroom for test drive. I was angry as if I had to go to the showroom, I could have gone yesterday itself

Looks like they are not very keen on selling the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneeshN View Post
I test drove the new Verna diesel (SXO variant) yesterday. It was a reasonably long drive (covered around 40kms). Here are my observations.

Last edited by ampere : 11th September 2017 at 22:38. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 19:44   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Which Hyundai showroom did you do the test drive in?
Had a bad experience in Trident Hosur, where they asked me to come on the weekend saying they have a diesel car for test drive. When I reached, I found out that they only have a 1.6 petrol automatic and the diesel had been moved to Trident in Indiranagar.

Another bad experience today. Advaith MG Road/Residency road offered to get the 1.6 SX diesel for test drive to my house. Now he called up and offered to pick me up to the showroom for test drive. I was angry as if I had to go to the showroom, I could have gone yesterday itself

Looks like they are not very keen on selling the car!
That's very sad to hear. They can't treat potential customers like this and they are going to suffer if this continues.

I actually test drove the car at Erode (ARAS & PVPV Hyundai). We just walked in on Sunday afternoon and the showroom was free. Checked the display car and straightaway got the TD vehicle. The representative was very patient and never rushed to complete the drive at any point.
Old 11th September 2017, 20:43   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
That's the problem unfortunately, it's a new colour and not available in any Hyundai models other than Verna. Trying to figure out if any dealer in Bangalore has it on display or stock.
Its not a new color. It is available in i20 and Elantra both. Have seen them on road and at the dealership. Manufacturers rarely come out with new colors and keep them model specific.
Old 11th September 2017, 20:44   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneeshN View Post
I test drove the new Verna diesel (SXO variant) yesterday. It was a reasonably long drive (covered around 40kms).

We also test drove SCross the same day and both of them felt Verna's back seat is more comfortable.

Regards
Which S cross engine you test driven that day. If it is 1.6, then please compare the engine with Verna 1.6. Also which car felt better in ride, handing ,NVH & build quality.
Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 20:56   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Its not a new color. It is available in i20 and Elantra both. Have seen them on road and at the dealership. Manufacturers rarely come out with new colors and keep them model specific.
I disagree. No other cars have the same shade, infact i20 and Elantra don't even have a shade of Brown as per the brochure. Only i20 Active has a brown shade called Earth Brown but that looks like a darker brown compared to Verna's.
Old 11th September 2017, 21:58   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Which S cross engine you test driven that day. If it is 1.6, then please compare the engine with Verna 1.6. Also which car felt better in ride, handing ,NVH & build quality.
Thanks
I drove only the 1.3 version as there aren't any 1.6 stock available. Apparently the new facelift will be available only with 1.3 engine and so I can compare only with what's available though I agree it's not an even comparison.

Ride - couldn't find much difference between both cars. I would rate almost same.

Handling - S cross felt better as the steering was heavy but Verna isn't bad at all.

NVH - Verna is way better

Build quality - both cars are good.

I believe Verna has the edge here because Hyundai offers better engine for almost the same price of S cross 1.3. but this is not really a good comparison as S cross facelift is expected very soon.
Old 11th September 2017, 22:23   #865
BHPian

Quote:
A very similar colour to sienna brown is available in tata tiago too. Its more like drinking chocolate brown

Last edited by drashkum : 11th September 2017 at 22:26.
Old 11th September 2017, 22:56   #866
BHPian

Quote:
I disagree. No other cars have the same shade, infact i20 and Elantra don't even have a shade of Brown as per the brochure. Only i20 Active has a brown shade called Earth Brown but that looks like a darker brown compared to Verna's.
They may not have it now.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-i204.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-i203.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-i202.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-i20.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-hyundaii20_brown_2.jpg  

Old 11th September 2017, 23:02   #867
BHPian

Well, the Sienna Brown is quite different from the i20 Brown above.
Old 12th September 2017, 01:06   #868

Quote:
i saw a sienna brown Verna in display Trident Hyundai KR Puram, you could check out there.

and i have invoiced my vehicle yesterday with pre gst cess hike price, now waiting for delivery, these guys have not yet got RTO approvals for registration, keeping my fingers crossed if the cess hike is gonna applicable to me or not
rameshwiz07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 10:07   #869

I have booked the SX(O) Petrol in the prebooking.. and yet to get a delivery schedule. It is apparently expected only in another 3 weeks.
Slightly disappointed as having pre-booked was hoping for early deliveries. I guess that meant by Diwali as per the company.

Lets hope they allocate some Petrol as the focus seems to be diesel deliveries.

Quick query and advise from the learned folks here.
Was reading through the Verna specs.. and have booked an automatic - Petrol SX(O). This will be my first Automatic transmission.

I did not find the Hill Start Assist feature in the brochure. Now wouldn't this be a very important feature that is missing.
What is the experience of driving a Torque Converter auto on steep inclines without Hill start assist. (Wouldnt the car roll back upon start).
Does that mean I would really have to work hard with the hand brakes ?

Isnt this a big miss by Hyundai

Appreciate the advise of the forum members.. and guidance to any articles on how to drive an auto on inclines.

Last edited by navin : 12th September 2017 at 11:16.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:05   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpodar View Post

I did not find the Hill Start Assist feature in the brochure. Now wouldn't this be a very important feature that is missing.
What is the experience of driving a Torque Converter auto on steep inclines without Hill start assist. (Wouldnt the car roll back upon start).
Does that mean I would really have to work hard with the hand brakes ?

Isnt this a big miss by Hyundai
I have driven auto vehicles extensively in the US without hill start assist. All these are nice to have but not required.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks